Unicorn

How to stop changing darts?
I have a really big problem. I can´t get myself to just us one set and get confident with it. As fast as i get problems with a set i change darts and it starts frustrating me very hard.

I changed my throw a little bit in the last week to get more consistent. But after that i can´t really get on one dart and it really depends on my day form how im throwing.

Please help Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...
Highout: 125 (T20-T15-D10)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Its It's difficult. Buying darts is too addictive!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(04-05-2016, 02:07 PM)Walker Wrote: Its It's difficult. Buying darts is too addictive!

Thats exactly my problem. I regret selling a few of my early sets.
And now i can´t get them flying like i used to.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...

Pick a set you are comfortable with, throw well, and generally like. Take the rest of the sets you have and put them in another room as far from you board as you can. If you want to switch to another set you have to go them them. If they are sitting in the general area of your board it is WAY to easy to "try that set and see what happens". Been there, done thisGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

Never I Say,,,,,,Never,,,,, Never to buy another set,,,ever,,,,,

Yah right ,,,,,You have the Fever,,,, the Nutz Fever,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(04-05-2016, 02:31 PM)AD18 Wrote: Pick a set you are comfortable with, throw well, and generally like. Take the rest of the sets you have and put them in another room as far from you board as you can. If you want to switch to another set you have to go them them. If they are sitting in the general area of your board it is WAY to easy to "try that set and see what happens". Been there, done thisGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Sounds exactly like what im doing <.<

(04-05-2016, 02:31 PM)AD18 Wrote: Pick a set you are comfortable with, throw well, and generally like.  Take the rest of the sets you have and put them in another room as far from you board as you can.  If you want to switch to another set you have to go them them.  If they are sitting in the general area of your board it is WAY to easy to "try that set and see what happens".  Been there, done thisGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Really good advice, I've taken to sticking all my sets in a fishing tackle box and whacking it on top of a cupboard, out of sight out of mind!

Darts:
   Bunting Gen 2 - 23g.
Stems:  Pro-Grip Short.
Flights:  Standard, variable designs.
I used to have several sets lined up under my board and if I was throwing like crap I'd grab another set and see how they worked. My mood would fluctuate and the darts would catch my eye too easily. I also changed my throw several months back and then went back to some older darts I used to use but then wondered how they'd feel now.
I wouldn't throw out the other darts but put them out of sight out of mind until the urge hits. I went back to my Broadswords after a couple years and glad I kept them they feel like butter smooth leaving my hand, but they were hidden until then.
I wonder which dart I'll have to have next though?
Have fun with the set you are using now
(04-05-2016, 02:56 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: I used to have several sets lined up under my board and if I was throwing like crap I'd grab another set and see how they worked. My mood would fluctuate and the darts would catch my eye too easily. I also changed my throw several months back and then went back to some older darts I used to use but then wondered how they'd feel now.
I wouldn't throw out the other darts but put them out of sight out of mind until the urge hits. I went back to my Broadswords after a couple years and glad I kept them they feel like butter smooth leaving my hand, but they were hidden until then.
I wonder which dart I'll have to have next though?
Have fun with the set you are using now

I think i try this packing the darts where i cant see them.

In all honesty, your throw will change over time. There's no way around it. So changing darts isn't really the worst thing possible. Not practicing properly would be worse.
I think that this is a very, very common problem for all of us. First of all, there is the joy of adding another set of darts to the collection. Second, and this makes no sense to me, if I am in a slump and try a different set of darts I seem to do better. Probably just because it is something new.

I seem to be getting to the point (and I still consider myself somewhat new to darts) that I am zeroing in on what works. Classic, straight barrel with ring grip. Some of the other designs were a help when I was struggling with consistent finger placement (Priestley shape, bullet, etc.). But now, I try my other darts but seem to keep circling back to my Lewis Gen 3's.

I've also noticed that, as my throw has become a bit more consistent, the weight doesn't really matter that much to me. I have 18 to 26 gram darts and am pretty happy with the 19's I am throwing now.

Having said all of the above, I will still add to the collection because I am still convinced that the next set will be the best! What can I say? I like gear.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Luckily I now am throwing better with one set than all others so the choice for me is quite easy. Used to do this in the past but I don't think there is any harm in switching sets as long as your throw is quite consistant.
If managed to not swap my darts today Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I stayed with one set for the entire day and im really happy.

(04-05-2016, 09:14 PM)Eyebala Wrote: If managed to not swap my darts today Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I stayed with one set for the entire day and im really happy.

The best advice I've ever recieved is that you will have peaks and valleys while throwing you just have to ride out the valleys and love the peaks lol
180 Goal - 5/10  
Twitter: James_Judd
Instagram: DartFiend1992  

There is no Cure Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
may all the doubles be with you

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sick of losing? Stop practicing T20! Jugger 67 11,034 04-17-2021, 03:20 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Changing Darts - improvement or just the right set? Hudson1984 9 364 02-03-2021, 06:11 PM
Last Post: wzywg
  changing darts Eso Rimmer 14 912 05-02-2019, 12:53 PM
Last Post: GONKO
  Changing the darts (position of weight) Greystone 2 437 11-20-2018, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Greystone
  Changing horses (darts) The Coach 28 7,923 06-10-2018, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Mike HermThe
  How to stop darts slipping in hand? Dartingmad1 11 2,624 01-26-2018, 02:31 AM
Last Post: Doubledouble
  Darts grip constantly changing Mattb0612 9 2,091 01-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Last Post: belly
  How to stop changing throw? Troll 10 2,263 04-03-2016, 01:27 AM