Shot Darts

Longer points
Hi all just wondering can 6mm longer points make a big difference to how a dart throws? I ask because I tried a friends darts for half an hour with new longer points fitted but they were 3 grams  lighter than I use, problem is they flew lovely so I've bought the same darts and the longer points, I've not had the points fitted yet but the darts came yesterday and I just can't throw them with the normal points?
(04-02-2016, 11:37 AM)Hazowl180 Wrote: Hi all just wondering can 6mm longer points make a big difference to how a dart throws? I ask because I tried a friends darts for half an hour with new longer points fitted but they were 3 grams  lighter than I use, problem is they flew lovely so I've bought the same darts and the longer points, I've not had the points fitted yet but the darts came yesterday and I just can't throw them with the normal points?

Fit them and try.  everybody says a different experience
may all the doubles be with you

All other things being equal, longer points should cause the darts to land flatter.
Long points make grouping easier. At some point, it becomes a gimmick though. 

Be aware of the honeymoon period.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Since buying a repointer I have been able to try things, in my experience the difference in a 32mm vs 38mm point (I believe these are reasonably standard sized) is minimal. My Chizzies had very short points, the Target Grip points I fitted were a good cm longer. No change in flight characteristic, at least not noticeable.
Darts: Unicorn Wez Newton Purist DNA 22g
Board: Unicorn Eclipse Pro
Highest out: 120 (T20, 20, D20)
180s: 3 (but Flight School will sort that)
3 Dart average: 49.87 (up already George Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images...)
The 1.5 inch (38 mm) Piranha points produced by DartWorld are the perfect length in my opinion. They don't negatively impact the dart entry angle and grouping is much easier than with shorter points.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grippier darts longer shafts? Kevin Deckers 11 1,383 03-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Last Post: eammoncass