Darts Buddy

My Key Treble routine pays off
Hi Nutzers,

I have said many times that my Key Treble routine can be a great help to one's confidence and give you some 'life saving' scores and last night it proved itself again. During part of my prematch practice with other players I managed 3 x 171's during a 5 minute spell and naturally felt very confident going into my match even though the old back is playing up a bit. I started the first leg with a ton and finished on a 125 (25/T20/D20 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) so all was looking good then my opponent who I'd never played before came back and levelled it with great scores. The next leg went well and I won hitting a 180 along the way but then deservedly he dug in and rattled off a great hat-trick leaving me 5-2 behind. Throughout though I was hammering the T20 & the T19 when either the T20 was blocked by the first 2 or 'evening' up the score.

Now as most would know faced with a player who's consistent and on a roll (and  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) it takes a little 'intestinal fortitude' to keep calm in order to dig yourself out of a mess. But again my confidence was still there and I then rattled off a hat-trick to bring the match even at 5-5. We were both loving the competitiveness and gave each other a respectful nod (no smiles Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) as we continued. The next leg went down to the double with me needing but missing a 149 out shot Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. having hit T20/T19 & wiring D16 to hit a S16 instead, left with 97 he finished with T19/D20.

The next leg he again played very well opening with a 180 followed by 140 etc (but again as throughout the whole match) I was able to keep in touch with  last-dart T19's to give me a 97 or a 120 i(T20/T1/T19) but I remained confident and edged him out to win.
I then got my (mental) act together again winning the next leg by hitting a sweet 74 T18/D10 under pressure thus making the score 7-6 in my favour.

The last leg was a relentless cat and mouse affair but credit to him he reached a double first and took it out...... so a 7-7 draw no regrets though looking at the stats he'd hit 11 x 140's a 180 several tons although I'd managed to hit a tad more 100+'s including a max. This game however was really about keeping one's head and a positive attitude which we both managed to do.

It was probably the most enjoyable and mentally taxing game I'd played in a long time my Key Trebles practice routine definitely proved itself on this occasion rescuing me many times against such a formidable player and so overall it was happy days Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You've gotta love this game haven't you? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Wow sounds like an exciting game. I liked just reading about it. Confidence really makes even a sub par game feel more within reach knowing you've been there and done that before
(04-02-2016, 02:30 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: Wow sounds like an exciting game. I liked just reading about it. Confidence really makes even a sub par game feel more within reach knowing you've been there and done that before

Yes you're right about that....I would really love to hear about other players match results maybe the admin's could title a forum segment called 'Matchplay?'

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

(04-02-2016, 03:32 AM)Dorian Wrote: I would really love to hear about other players match results maybe the admin's could title a forum segment called 'Matchplay?'

Cheers

There's this:  https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=18428

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Banz
(04-02-2016, 03:32 AM)Dorian Wrote: I would really love to hear about other players match results maybe the admin's could title a forum segment called 'Matchplay?'

Cheers

Thanks Banz...that's exactly what I mean Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I appreciate that.

I would much prefer to read more about how people are actually doing (good or otherwise) rather than the theory or just talking about equipment.

It would be great if "WIN LOSE or DRAW" was a forum category though, instead of having to search for the thread each time.

regards

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(04-02-2016, 06:01 AM)Dorian Wrote: Banz

Cheers

Thanks Banz...that's exactly what I mean Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I appreciate that.

I would much prefer to read more about how people are actually doing (good or otherwise) rather than the theory or just talking about equipment.

It would be great if "WIN LOSE or DRAW" was a forum category though, instead of having to search for the thread each time.

regards

Cheers

Have stickied the thread so it should be easier to find Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
That Sounds really Great! Hope you can hold on to this Level!

Would Love to Play like that Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...
Highout: 125 (T20-T15-D10)

(04-02-2016, 10:12 AM)hamo Wrote:
(04-02-2016, 06:01 AM)Dorian Wrote: Banz

Cheers

regards

Cheers

Have stickied the thread so it should be easier to find Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Hamo ....appreciate that Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

regards
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

What's the 'key treble routine' then ? Please share Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ...j.d.
Great write up of your match, I wish there was a video to watch after reading this.
Great story. You tend to remember matches like that.
Match Darts: Target Carrera C3 25g
Shafts: L-style carbon locked
Flights: L-style champagne shape C3 dimple

High in: 160 Matchplay / High out: 170 Matchplay
Great write up Dorian. I could feel the match nerves just reading that. Awesome stuff Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Treble or bulls eye,single bull. nightcrawler 9 569 09-24-2019, 07:51 AM
Last Post: JamieJ
  WHO PAYS FOR IT Nick Carter 5 987 04-07-2019, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Shima
  Treble 1 charliebates 6 618 04-16-2017, 01:40 AM
Last Post: Paddywaugh