Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Super-Lux Dartboard Lighting System Review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPcvJ-sCm6k

Here is quite an exclusive for you Darts Nutz!

This is a brand new product just released today at the Gadget Show Live in Birmingham NEC and its the new Super-Lux Dartboard Lighting system from the same people who made the very excellent Home-Pro Dartboard Lighting Surround Cultured Crafts Ireland: https://www.culturedcraftsireland.com/st...ducts.html

I got this early model a couple of weeks ago and have been trying it out and at first I was not so sure about it but I think its because I like the Home-Pro so much and also the Home-Pro is a little neater overall in its size and shape.

But I think this is a very very good alternative if you already have a foam surround and you don't want to cut the surround to fit the Home-Pro or have to buy extra.  This is very neatly made again and I think its possibly slightly better lighting than the Home-Pro which was already rather good, but it could be because of the white material its made from. Also the longer its been on my wall the harder I have found it to decide which system I like best, this or the Home-Pro, they are both good though.

I am not quite sure what the material is, it is very strong but very light and looks like some kind of plastic fibre but its very well constructed again.

The price for the system is £80 and delivery for UK is £19 so a total of £99 delivered.  The system is supplied with the power adapter and cable for the LED lights.  As with the Home-Pro there is an option to have additional graphics added to the unit which will cost from £7 - £15 depending on what you require.

Once again, there are no wall fixings , but due to the bigger size of the Super-Lux it is recommended that 2 half inch square pieces of velcro be used at the top corners of the unit to avoid any mishaps and to keep it snug to the wall, although I had it up and stuck some darts in the surround and pulled them out and it will only likely come off if you yank them out aggressively.  But I guess its better to be safe by adding a little extra security but the system is very light at less than 4kg.

It is very quick and simple to fit, you just place it over your existing foam surround and once fitted it provides a very satisfying 360 degree's of light focused into the dartboard which eliminates shadow completely.

It is designed to cater for a specific market. That being between the person that wishes to stay playing with the spot light and the top of the range Home-Pro user.

Dimensions are 705mm x 705mm and extending out 115mm from the wall, and approx 4kg.

I think the product in use was great, the light was well flooded over the board and I saw no shadows, so again a very impressive and useful product.

The only thing I had issue with is that if you have walls that are not very plumb it may sit a little awkward which is where I think the little Velcro squares attached will help and the other thing was the power connect to the LED light strip just sat at the back of the unit, it would be better if it was passed through a hole, which I think will be something that is changed for the retail version.

There is no real problem other than that which is quite minor, the system is super quick to remove for turning the board too its practically done in seconds, so that's a plus for sure.

Anyway I think its another great option for dartboard lighting and well worth considering.

Here is some pics:

PACKAGE CONTENTS:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

CLOSE LOOK AT THE UNIT:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

FITTED TO THE BOARD:

Here is is fitted with my strong studio lamp shining on it but the LED lights off:

With the LED lights on and still got my studio lamp directed at it:

Studio lamp is off here and just the LED lights on, no room lights:

Power cord from unit:

MORE PICS WITH LEDS ON:

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

that's a very interesting product indeed. it would work well for me i think as i use the rotafix so turning the board would not be hindered at all. and £99 all in is not a bad price either i guess.

Thanks Darren
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Archers Vice Grip Medium
Flights: RD Standard 

(03-31-2016, 03:57 PM)rich345 Wrote: that's a very interesting product indeed. it would work well for me i think as i use the rotafix so turning the board would not be hindered at all. and £99 all in is not a bad price either i guess.

Thanks Darren

Yeah the Rotafix is good, I don't have it up anymore as the Dual Core is no good with it and the Shot Bandit has a plastic back.

But the Super-Lux is not a bad price at all Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as always, i like this one more it does seem alot brighter and not like your shooting in a tunnel
(03-31-2016, 04:06 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Great review as always, i like this one more it does seem alot brighter and not like your shooting in a tunnel

Cheers! Yeah I think that is kind of appealing to me also, I like them both though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

That looks like a good bit of kit to me - been thinking about the Home Pro, but I think I prefer the looks of this one. Couple of questions:

1 - will it just come in the one colour or would you be able to paint the outside at all?
and
2 - any ideas when it will be available on their site?

Another good review and pics by the way Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have only seen the white so far, cant see why it wont be possible to get other colours but Owen is at the Gadget show for a few days so I guess he will get on his site soon Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I just had a quick look on their facebook page after I posted and a it says on there that they will post some more photos and also add alink to their site straight after the gadget show - I don't think I'll be able to put an order in until the end of April anyway as I've got my daughters 18th birthday present to buy first, but this is definitely top of the list at the moment
Couldn't see why you couldn't paint it yourself if it's just in white wouldn't take long to do, if you dont get lettering
(03-31-2016, 04:33 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Couldn't see why you couldn't paint it yourself if it's just in white wouldn't take long to do, if you dont get lettering

If they come in different colours as standard anyway then I wouldn't have to worry about it, but if it was white only then I would definitely want to put some colour on it.  I wouldn't have any lettering, but I may customise it with some stickers (DartsNutz, Unicorn, Winmau, etc)
Ayup Darren

Nice bit of kit,looks very well made and thought out.
Good review as usual.

Shed

https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/njoyone1
Great review and nicely designed light.
Great review nice and clear as usual, been looking around for something like that. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks all Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

$200 Canadian is quite expensive.
Ted Hankey  - 25g with Storms
Monster COBRA 2 22g with storms
Monster REY SOL 22g with storms
Power 9Fives v2 26g with storm smooth
Taylor Gen 3 24g with Storms
Target Haruki Muramatsu Rising Sun 22g

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cuesoul Rost Flight System Product Update Review Getagrip 4 153 12-04-2020, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Cuesoul Tero Flight System Product Updates Review Getagrip 2 114 11-30-2020, 07:06 PM
  Target Corona Vision Dartboard Light System Review Getagrip 139 36,862 08-01-2020, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Pell
  Cuesoul Tero Flight System Review and an idea for Cuesoul atison 7 511 06-10-2020, 08:43 PM
Last Post: erajd
  Cosmo Fit Flight System review Getagrip 124 85,627 03-15-2020, 12:31 PM
  Cuesoul Tero Flight System Review Getagrip 38 6,754 05-24-2019, 01:36 PM
Last Post: CanadaTon
  Cosmo Fit Shaft Carbon and Super Duralumin and Titanium review update Getagrip 21 4,537 01-02-2019, 03:41 PM
  Condor Zero Stress Integrated Flight and Shaft System Review Getagrip 16 6,402 11-19-2018, 11:02 AM
  Cuesoul - Tero Flight & Shaft System - Review vanJupp 23 4,957 10-23-2018, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  Official Harrows Clic flight and shaft system review Getagrip 95 76,682 04-20-2018, 02:45 PM