Shot Darts

How do your darts stick in the board?
Hi!

This is my first thread in this forum so if i am doing anything wrong, please correct me. I searched for a similar thread but havent found one.

I read the thread: " How to hit your first 180 " and i talked with a dart shop owner. This in mind i think the "best" way how your darts stick in the board is perfectly perpendicular.
Advantages are: - You can aim for your first dart and according to where it sticks adjust the second dart.
                          - Its easier to group your darts

I am a beginner, so i wonder how to achieve this and is it really that important?
The dart shop owner said that i should try other flights and gave me "fantail" ones. My darts stick more perpendicular in the board but my accuracy drops drastically.

I hope you guys can help me with that  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Curios about your advices
Joshi
Point first...but not always where i aim them.
Hello mate Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

There isn´t really a wrong or right in how they stick in board. Just watch on how the pros darts stick into the board. Everybody has it´s on preferences.

Taylor lays them flat and tries to get the second on top. Anderson just throws them like you said. Wade has them straight and just bangs them in.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...
Highout: 125 (T20-T15-D10)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-30-2016, 10:51 AM)Assassin Wrote: Point first...but not always where i aim them.

This and one should develop a Throw where all three stick similar in the Board.
Tail Up, Tail Down or Straight comes , in my more than humble Opinion, to personal preferences.

There are Pros and Cons for every way.
All up to you really as long as it works. For straight barrels I like my darts landing slightly tail up, but for bullets I like them landing flat
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Further to Eyebala's comment, look at how Adrian Lewis' darts land. However you land them there'll be times when you block your target with the "wrong sort of miss".

You can group darts whether they land flight up or flat.

The important thing is to find a setup and throw that lands them consistently. You can affect the angle by changing flight and/or stem so tweak that until you are happy. I'm a bit of a novelty amongst the Nutz as I think that once you find a good setup you can throw you should put the credit card away, stop buying darts and practice. Heresy I know, when there are so many darts out there to try!

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
(03-30-2016, 11:17 AM)Shotgun Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 10:51 AM)Assassin Wrote: Point first...but not always where i aim them.

This and one should develop a Throw where all three stick similar in the Board.
Tail Up, Tail Down or Straight comes , in my more than humble Opinion, to personal preferences.

There are Pros and Cons for every way.

Totally right.

I never thought about how they land in the bed. I just want to land them all in the same angle for the same target. I´m dissapointed if i hit a big number but had the feeling of a bad throw or not similar throw ^^
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...

I'm not too worried about the vertical angle they land at. As long as it's not so extreme as to block the next dart coming in.
I worry more about any deviation on the horizontal plane. Most darts I throw have a left to right angle which is very annoying.
(03-30-2016, 12:00 PM)Omp Wrote: I'm not too worried about the vertical angle they land at. As long as it's not so extreme as to block the next dart coming in.
I worry more about any deviation on the horizontal plane. Most darts I throw have a left to right angle which is very annoying.

This can also be changed with different flights.

How do you stand at the oche?

Thank you for all the helpful replies!
I decided to throw with normal flights and i am doing good with them. Today i rarely thought about the angle of my darts and had some success (my first 501 with 23 darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ).

Besides that i would like to know, how is it meant in the " how to throw your first 180 " thread with aiming. It hardly depends on the angle of my dart. If the tail is slightly up and i aim for the flight my following dart will probably fly a bit above my first, right?
Aim for the target..if its T20 then aim for T20..
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
(04-01-2016, 01:24 AM)nivla Wrote: Aim for the target..if its T20 then aim for T20..

Would also say it´s better to aim for the target instead of the dart.

If you don´t registered to flight school yet you should. This will help you with grouping darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(04-01-2016, 08:07 AM)Eyebala Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 01:24 AM)nivla Wrote: Aim for the target..if its T20 then aim for T20..

Would also say it´s better to aim for the target instead of the dart.

If you don´t registered to flight school yet you should. This will help you with grouping darts Wink

okay

I did. A month ago and still no reply Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. But i saw that George organizes his stuff and thus i have to wait a bit longer.
Usually point first, but strange things have been known to happen.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is It legal to stand at the oche with crutch or stick. 12b4 4 614 02-15-2018, 10:39 AM
Last Post: 12b4