Harrows Darts.

Cheap and good cam for Webcam Darts?
Im open for every suggestions. Would just be good if it´s from Amazon or something general i have access to in Germany.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...
Highout: 125 (T20-T15-D10)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Logitech C525 is good.

Or the C290
(03-29-2016, 02:24 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Logitech C525 is good.

Or the C290

I have the Logitech c270 , it is cheaper but I got excellent feedbacks from web cam users
Highest checkout = 141
Best leg 18
===================================
Carpe Diem
(03-29-2016, 01:33 PM)Eyebala Wrote: Im open for every suggestions. Would just be good if it´s from Amazon or something general i have access to in Germany.

Under €30,- Logitech C-270
may all the doubles be with you

Do you think i could set it up somewhere here? 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...

Have you tried the HP Wireless cam?
The Logitech c270 works pretty good alot of people have them the picture is clear, a camera tripod or a stand works if you dont wanna mount it to the wall
(03-29-2016, 05:20 PM)majeek Wrote: Have you tried the HP Wireless cam?

Which one?

(03-29-2016, 05:51 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: The Logitech c270 works pretty good alot of people have them the picture is clear, a camera tripod or a stand works if you dont wanna mount it to the wall

I don´t mind mounting it, but i don´t know if i can put it so that people can see my board.

I use an old camcorder stand it works fine i can move it up or down, if your mounting it has to be far enough back you get the entire board in the shot and level with the bull is ideal but doesn't have to be
(03-29-2016, 01:33 PM)Eyebala Wrote: Im open for every suggestions. Would just be good if it´s from Amazon or something general i have access to in Germany.

Here is a video recorded with the minimum quality (cause we had a crapy pc) Both cameras are really nice.
The one that facing the board is the logitech c270hd about 20 euros
the other is the microsoft lifecam hd cinema about 50+ euros (double the price and ot double the performance)
We had them in a tripod in the somewher more then the half distance board.
Have in mind that the video recorded in a very low quality of 10fps.
The real performance of both is much better
if you want the camera for the board i will totally suggest the logitech
A webcam is only a small portion of how good the an image will be. Lighting is equally important. So is having a decent enough computer to handle the Google Hangout where darts are played online. Placement of the camera is important and make sure the auto focus is turned off
(03-29-2016, 09:50 PM)Cyanide Wrote: A webcam is only a small portion of how good the an image will be. Lighting is equally important. So is having a decent enough computer to handle the Google Hangout where darts are played online. Placement of the camera is important and make sure the auto focus is turned off

Exactly what Cy has said here.  Lighting is massive for a good picture and again it's pointless to buy an expensive webcam if your computer isn't good enough to process the video correctly.  As well your internet connection will affect the picture quality.

I have both the Logitech c270 and c920.  While both show great clear pictures I do find the c920 much better.  I run a Macbook Pro that I have modified a bit as well and it runs fast, as well as having good internet.  When I use both cams I can clearly see the difference.  I also have an older (about 4 years old) HP laptop that I have used for webcam darts before as well and with that one I find the c270 better as it uses less computer resources while in Hangouts and that laptop just can't process the image properly in the c920.

Sorry for the rant but if you plan on playing Webcam Darts your opponents will tank you for having a nice clear setup.  You hear people say that they've never had anyone complain about their camera or that the video is good enough but I believe we all want the best experience possible and that starts with a nice clear pic.  A little effort goes a long way Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Of course. If i can´t get it setup that the video is clear i wont play. Because it would cause much problems I think.

My Computers and Internet shouldn´t be the problem in this equation Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks for all the tips.

A tip for Aussie people looking to set up for webcam darts at the moment, D!ck Smith Electronics is closing down and webcams are cheap. I bought the c520 at 40% off and thought I was a winner, went back last week and they were 70% off (grrrr).

I haven't had any success with webcam darts as yet....problem after problem. Set it up in shed but Wifi didn't reach that far, bought a wifi extender but couldn't connect the laptop to it for some reason (could connect all other devices) then got an Ethernet cable to connect directly to extender and finally got to play! ONE LEG! Then the laptop died (RIP) now looking at a new (second hand) laptop.
Darts - Showtime Revolution 24g, Target Super grip stems, Pentathlon Flights.
Best leg - 16 darts (15 darts- webcam)
Best peg - 146 T20,T18,D16

(03-29-2016, 09:50 PM)guest Wrote: A webcam is only a small portion of how good the an image will be. Lighting is equally important. So is having a decent enough computer to handle the Google Hangout where darts are played online. Placement of the camera is important and make sure the auto focus is turned off

What minimum spec would you recommend?

Darts: 22g Azzurri Cortex CX2 | 180's (total): 85 | 180's 2019: 1 | Highest Checkout: 136 (T20, T20, D8)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best webcam for online darts? Hudson1984 8 217 01-15-2021, 07:36 AM
Last Post: syncbe
  Cheap Webcam Darts Carmera Mount Sir_Chjaka 27 6,866 05-22-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Sir_Chjaka
  Cheap mamba-style darts Chappers 8 1,746 10-26-2017, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Chappers