Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

who throws the longest(legal) dart
Hello nutzs, does anybody know who throws the longest darts( from points to flights) legally. I throw occasionally the datadart black which is a very long barrel which I throw with short stems. Thanks.
I'd go with Justin Pipe.
Of the big names Pipe probably, Wright on occasion has gone for long ones.
According to the rules the longest you can have is 30cm and no one gets close to that, I've seen people playing a sort of target game in Germany and Austria that has basically cut down arrows with dart points and sometimes flights rather than feathers. I imagine way way back (20s and 30s) people would use those things to play 501 which would be why the max length is 30cm.
I think Royden Lam uses some long darts.
Yup... I'm going with Royden Lam

(03-27-2016, 03:53 PM)JohnL. Wrote: Of the big names Pipe probably, Wright on occasion has gone for long ones.
According to the rules the longest you can have is 30cm and no one gets close to that, I've seen people playing a sort of target game in Germany and Austria that has basically cut down arrows with dart points and sometimes flights rather than feathers. I imagine way way back (20s and 30s) people would use those things to play 501 which would be why the max length is 30cm.
Interesting info. Yeah was thinking pipe myself.
He only uses a #2 stem compared to Roydan's #8 stem. Could be close Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-27-2016, 11:26 PM)Cyanide Wrote: He only uses a #2 stem compared to Roydan's #8 stem. Could be close Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Nice pictures have you ever thought about using long points!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-27-2016, 11:40 PM)gram70 Wrote:
(03-27-2016, 11:26 PM)Cyanide Wrote: He only uses a #2 stem compared to Roydan's #8 stem. Could be close Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Nice pictures have you ever thought about using long points!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'd give them a try. Usually the point gets stuck on my ring finger so I like shorter points. But I'm willing to try anything. Long points ftw? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Now I really want to see the Lam vs. Pipe comparison....

I'm going to estimate Lams total setup is somewhere around... Maybe.... 16-17cm long?

When Nicholson was with unicorn he threw 53mm darts with 35mm points medium stems and standard flights. That's got to be a pretty long overall setup
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Archers Vice Grip Medium
Flights: RD Standard 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Roydam Lam's soft is 45.5, his tips should be 25mm, his Fit shaft 42.5mm and his flights are 43mm. Total: 156mm

Roydan's steels are 52.3 with what looks like a 27mm point, 42.5 shaft, flights 43. Total: 164.7mm

Pipe's soft are 46mm. His steels are 49mm with what looks to be a slightly shorter point. 25mm? His flights are Fit Standard/shape. No idea about his shafts.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My dart is just shy of 150mm
(03-28-2016, 07:58 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Roydam Lam's soft is 45.5, his tips should be 25mm, his Fit shaft 42.5mm and his flights are 43mm. Total: 156mm

Roydan's steels are 52.3 with what looks like a 27mm point, 42.5 shaft, flights 43. Total: 164.7mm

Pipe's soft are 46mm. His steels are 49mm with what looks to be a slightly shorter point. 25mm? His flights are Fit Standard/shape. No idea about his shafts.

Pipe's actual darts have ridiculously long points... over 40mm visible.

Aye Jugger! I was looking at the catalog.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Martin Schindler Throws Darts (Like other Pros!) jt4527 6 516 09-09-2019, 03:51 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  The longest allowed dart in the world: Megadart V3 vanJupp 9 2,619 01-28-2018, 09:43 AM
Last Post: pirke
  Are these road legal ? Troll 14 1,347 10-23-2017, 07:32 PM
Last Post: vanJupp
  Longest bullseye MMA 6 1,208 05-04-2017, 12:52 AM
Last Post: joeriw96