Shot Darts

Which darts should I buy as my first set?
Question 
I am wondering which darts I should buy as my first set - I already have a Unicorn Bristle board. I've been looking for a while - I understand the basics such as the higher percentage of tungsten, the better the dart but I'm unsure of what weight to use.

Thanks in advance, Dylan.
Welcome to DNF!

Unicorn Phil Taylor's Phase 2 24g is a great dart to start with. It is very popular and was my first set of steel tips. Still have them today and will never get rid of them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Since you are new to the forum, please go check out our 'Introduce Yourself' thread and tell us a little about yourself Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Hi Dylan,

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately it's difficult to say what you should buy as your first dart as this is personal.
Tungsten percentage doesn't mean that much either. A higher percentage tungsten dart can simply be shorter/slimmer but just as heavy as a lower percentage dart.
This doesn't make the dart better, as shape/size/weight is personal.

What I would recommend for you first set of darts is something like this.
https://www.puredarts.co.uk/mccoy-max-da...(22g).html

It's a straight barrel ring grip with an average weight for a great price.
In my opinion one of the best darts for starting out.

Cheers
Frank
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Only Bristow`s so you understand where you grip ,and how you grip https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tungsten-Dart...AOSwPhdU~v-~
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Hard call to make but I would be going with a thicker barrel if your newish to the game something like 7.1 barrel. Re weight, if your a bigger stronger person try around the 24g, if your a light weight maybe something lighter. Don't be shy in asking to have a go at anyone's darts and ask them the weights etc.
Cheers.
Darts - Showtime Revolution 24g, Target Super grip stems, Pentathlon Flights.
Best leg - 16 darts (15 darts- webcam)
Best peg - 146 T20,T18,D16

you could also try Ted Hankey 14g darts. They are a smooth barrel. The weight and grip are great for new players to help with throwing
TITAN
Hello and Welcome again,,,As I mentioned in you Intro post about yourself ,,,,I would first suggest a less expensive basic set of darts like the MCcoy Saber grip in 22 gram ,, and if you do not like them I will Buy them from you and pay shipping to the USA,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
As you can see there is no definitive right answer to you ? We are all Nutz here ,,, and I am sure you will fit right in,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I always think its best to start with a straight barrel basic ring grip of around 24g, then just see how you get on for a few weeks.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

buy them all Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
(03-25-2016, 12:26 PM)Red Wrote: Hi Dylan,

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately it's difficult to say what you should buy as your first dart as this is personal.
Tungsten percentage doesn't mean that much either. A higher percentage tungsten dart can simply be shorter/slimmer but just as heavy as a lower percentage dart.
This doesn't make the dart better, as shape/size/weight is personal.

What I would recommend for you first set of darts is something like this.
https://www.puredarts.co.uk/mccoy-max-da...(22g).html

It's a straight barrel ring grip with an average weight for a great price.
In my opinion one of the best darts for starting out.

Cheers
Frank

Excellent choice,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You can also Look on Darts clearance like suggested. Great Deals for tungsten barrels. Something with a Ring grip and 24g like suggested should do the Job. And then get addicted to buying more Sets Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

If you have 50 Posts you can also Look in buy, sell, swap section.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...
Highout: 125 (T20-T15-D10)

https://w-darts.com/soft-barrel/jokerdriver/zero
TITAN
If you have a shop somewhere by you I would recommend going as many shops will let you try darts before you buy them.  This way you would have a better feel for what suits your throw best.

If not it's kind of a crap shoot.

For the record I started with Powerpoints.
(03-25-2016, 03:09 PM)Titan Wrote: https://w-darts.com/soft-barrel/jokerdriver/zero

Bargain, i think I'll pick up a couple of sets, maybe then hajime will round the price down to £400 per set for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
County Durham's worst darter - Hitting single 1 for 22 years now