Darts Buddy

"The Ones" !
Anybody playing with the same set of darts for over one year. 
So, you love them and have no desire to change . 
What are they and do you have a story to tell about them ? 
  I'm a "Tinkerer" so not a member of this  group ......yet  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]®[/font]

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Been using the Rastas for about 18 months now - probably nearer 2 years actually - and in that time I've tried other darts but nothing has replaced the Rastas yet. I'm still trialling a couple of sets at the moment, but I'm pretty sure they won't end up as my go to darts like the Rastas.
Yes I also have a set,they are customs that I paid more then 150 quid for. I still buy darts ,but only to put them in drawer after few throws.
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-24-2016, 04:53 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Been using the Rastas for about 18 months now - probably nearer 2 years actually - and in that time I've tried other darts but nothing has replaced the Rastas yet.  I'm still trialling a couple of sets at the moment, but I'm pretty sure they won't end up as my go to darts like the Rastas.
But dont they lose grip?
180-1(33)

I used my customs for about a year and a half until I traded for Priestley's back in around November. I have been using them since and have no intention of switching for a long time. I have a practice set, and a match set which has storm points, and L-style carbon stems, and L style pear flights. The practice darts do not have storms and the lip causes some damage to the L-style flights. I really love having the bulb as a reference point to hold the dart, but it also suites my grip great. I also enjoy the darts being front-loaded. I tried my customs about two weeks ago and they aren't even comfortable to throw anymore.
Matchdarts- 23.3g Ks99dime Madhouse Falcon Customs, 41mm diamond points, tweenie supergrip stems, Harrows Velos flights.
Backups- 23g Shot! Birds of Prey Falcon
25g Harrows Aura a3
24g Target Power 8Zero
23g Ks99dime Madhouse Customs
23g Adrian Lewis Pixel Grip
23g Target Daytona Fire 02
23g Dennis Priestley's
22g Cuesoul Black Scorpions
22g winmau snipers
21g Ks99dime Custom
21g Harrows Wolframs
21g Harrows Atomics
20g Monster Hades 2

I lasted 3 months once, it was a nightmare!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(03-24-2016, 04:58 PM)Troll Wrote:
(03-24-2016, 04:53 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Been using the Rastas for about 18 months now - probably nearer 2 years actually - and in that time I've tried other darts but nothing has replaced the Rastas yet.  I'm still trialling a couple of sets at the moment, but I'm pretty sure they won't end up as my go to darts like the Rastas.
But dont they lose grip?

I've got enough sets not to worry about that for a while, but I haven't noticed any deterioration in the grip yet
I have been using DPC Gun Metals for around about 2 years I would guestimate. I have also tried other sets in this period and continue to do so as ideally I want a longer lasting grip, but so far none of the darts have taken the place of the gun metals. The rastas have come the closest though!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

I have been using my Target Gemini's for close to 3 years now. I have switched darts throughout this time but never for very long and always come back to the Gemini's which I am currently using.
I've been using the same arm, that's about it.
I've pretty much stuck with my Whitlocks for a few months now.  Was buying the odd set here and there to try different shapes and weights to experiment more than anything.  Have a one set I really, really want to throw well, but the Whitlocks keep coming back out.  I've moved them all away from the dartboard to eliminate the temptation to "try them one more time" for the time being and build my game/throw with one set only.  So "The Ones" right now are 22gr Whitlocks, 26mm gold Target Storm points, tweenie Pro Grip shafts, and Target Vision flights.  Results speak for themselves.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

(03-24-2016, 05:04 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I lasted 3 months once, it was a nightmare!

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
(03-24-2016, 07:40 PM)AD18 Wrote: I've pretty much stuck with my Whitlocks for a few months now.  Was buying the odd set here and there to try different shapes and weights to experiment more than anything.  Have a one set I really, really want to throw well, but the Whitlocks keep coming back out.  I've moved them all away from the dartboard to eliminate the temptation to "try them one more time" for the time being and build my game/throw with one set only.  So "The Ones" right now are 22gr Whitlocks, 26mm gold Target Storm points, tweenie Pro Grip shafts, and Target Vision flights.  Results speak for themselves.

I have the Whitlocks in natural 22g . Can't get on with the scallop location . 
PS 
 Betcha I'm the only one on the forum who knows where Roseneath is and have been there.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers,
 Ken 
" The Ones " are just around the corner i swear lol
I'll find the ones after the next set I buy (copy and paste this sentence after each set I buy...)