Double Top Darts.

ShowTime Darts Premier ST 22g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vooTKqlmS58

This is a review of the recently released Showtime Darts Premier ST 22g darts.  The darts are also available in 20g and they are 90% tungsten and retail for £27.90.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

As with the other Showtime dart I reviewed the darts come in a neat little cardboard box and the barrels are house in a little clamshell style plastic container and inside the box is a set of Showtime flights and some short clear stems:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts have a very elegant shape and from the centre to the front it has a nicely gently curved taper.  The grip on the front is made of a fairly deeply defined rings which is pretty close to a high level of grip.  The centre section has a very fine micro style grip which is still grippy but close to a high medium level and the rear has a ring style grip like the front but with Showtimes Element Dot technology which makes it very slightly more grippy than the front so a high level.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Barrels are very closely matched just three hundredths of a gram difference between lightest and heaviest:

Weight of full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance is front of centre:

With the supplied set up it moves a little closer to the centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

The darts were ok with my normal front grip:

The darts landed in my usual angle in the board:

CONCLUSION:

I did not expect these to so great for my front style grip as they looked like the would suit a middle and rear gripper best and as it gets quite thin to the front I don't always get on too great with a thin taper.

I was kind of right but not completely.

The darts flew a lot better than expecting with my front grip but only when I put a bit more effort and concentration in getting a clean release.  When I did the darts flew rather well but when I did not they went a bit pear shaped.  Its not so much a fault of the dart but more my own personal issue with my grip and release.  Sometimes its fine and sometimes it just takes a little more practice.  I did hit a few 140's with my front grip and after playing with them for longer I was getting them flying well but I was still getting a few too many miscues.  If your someone who is a front gripper though and you like such a taper I think you will be fine though.  I would getting some spin on some throws but when the release was good they were nice and smooth and no fishtailing or spinning just a very nice stable flight.

Throwing the darts from the middle is were I expecting them to work best though and I was right.  They feel so nice to throw from the centre and even though its not my natural grip it almost felt like it was as they were throwing so nicely.  Balance felt just right and the thicker part of the barrel was allowing me better control, I can see this been a very good dart for natural centre grippers.

I was not doing so great throwing from the rear, its the most weird position for me as its furthest from my natural front grip and it took a bit more practice time with the darts to get them flying better there.  After playing with them more though I think it should be good for natural rear grippers too.  It feels most comfy gripping on the rings at the rear and the dart sits nice in the fingers there.  So don't be put off by my poor efforts in the video when trying the rear grip, I have thrown so very good darts from the rear with more practice, just took a while longer to get the feel for that position but the dart still performed well.

One thing I did noticed after more extended playing is I was getting some very good and close groupings with these, I think the front taper is very helpful for that.

Quality is really good and I think Showtime have another winner with these darts, from the centre they just feel so nicely balanced and easy to throw I was surprised they worked so well for me there.

So possibly a dart for some front grippers if you like a taper, definitely good for centre grippers and quite probably very good for rear grippers too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (nice sleek elegant shape)
Grip: 8.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8.5 (2 very close)
Quality: 8.5 (very nice quality)
Value: 8 (good )
Suitability for me: 7.5 (worked well from the centre )

Best Feature: Nice centre balance Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Ayup Darren

Great review, and a very tidy looking dart.

Shed

https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/njoyone1
For some reason I have this urge to get a set of these and paint the rings - I think I'm losing it lol

Great pics by the way Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice, will have to try these some day Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Great review and pics as usual!
Quality review +1.
Serious contender for anyone who likes that shape of dart.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

These look fantastic, great review Darren
Great review as always! +1
Now those are some nice darts, very impressive ! Great review as always too !
Nice review a s always Darren :thumbup:
may all the doubles be with you

Great review and pics as always Darren! Great looking set of darts- I fancy the 20g
Good review. I've never used that shape/style of dart before but they look nice!
these look awesome, maybe a set to try later on

Member previously known as Daveheald

Ah no Darren not another must try dart for me. Very good review and I was kind of waiting for you to do these so I could get a better look at them. Well done +1 for your effort
Very nice review and great looking darts. Just a shame they don´t make em in 24g.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...
Highout: 125 (T20-T15-D10)

Great review again.
Still waiting for showtime to surprise us with a soft tip release. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers
Frank

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Darts Gerwyn Price Blue Ice Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 11 726 01-16-2021, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Trinidad Jose De Sousa Type 2 Darts Review Grand Slam Darts 2020 Winner Getagrip 16 773 12-21-2020, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  Shot Darts Kyle Anderson Battler Darts Review Getagrip 6 412 11-24-2020, 06:52 PM
  Falcon F2 Darts Review Exclusive To Darts Clearance On eBay Getagrip 9 601 08-25-2020, 03:46 PM
Information Showtime Danielle Ashton "The Lancashire Rose Bud" 23g - Darts review Ryk 8 620 02-12-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: justin-tutboard
  Showtime reviewed darts index mc1958 2 2,607 02-12-2020, 01:04 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  ShowTime Darts Revolution 24g darts review Getagrip 34 59,779 09-06-2019, 04:34 PM
  ShowTime Darts Vortex 23g darts review Getagrip 33 11,801 04-19-2019, 03:14 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Showtime Darts Revolver 23g darts review Getagrip 28 16,839 04-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  ShowTime Darts Nitro st 22g darts review Getagrip 37 14,245 01-03-2019, 10:01 PM
Last Post: Olsen65