Shot Darts

Problem with my Unicorn Phase 2 Purist
Hey Guys,

As a newbie to this forum I'd like to use the knowledge of the other members.
That's because I have a problem with my newly ordered and delivered Unicorn Phase 2 Purist.

I throw the darts with my thumb and indexfinger, but before each throw the dart is laying on my middlefinger.
There's the problem: the grip of the dart is cutting into the flesh of my middle finger...

Hopefully somebody knows where the problem comes from, and is able to tell me how to fix it without buying a new set of darts! 

(I'm sorry for my english, as I live in Holland Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. )
Piczz foto's
may all the doubles be with you

There you go!

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If you feel comfortable with grip, try to wrap affected finger with thin piece of plaster/tape/band aid. Don't change your darts.
So we want to help you and all you do is give us the finger? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Either try to not grip them so thightly or as said above wrap something around it. Would be a shame to buy new darts if you're throwing well with them.
Ha ha, too funny with the finger. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Right back atcha.

Just ignore it. It will become a callus and chicks will dig that. It'll give you street cred. 

I used to grip like that except I rested more near the edge of my fingernail. At some point I developed a bad twitch where I was actually flicking the dart on release with my middle finger. I couldn't stop doing that, so I changed my grip. It happened instantly and immediately felt natural. I moved my grip forward and my middle finger from below to the top front. Something like Getagrip uses in his dart review videos. Though I still grip a bit farther back then him, it was one of those reviews that made me try it. Unfortunately, the Phase 2 is the only dart that I own that does not like my new grip. It demands (for me) a rear grip or the balance is all wrong. When I throw that dart I use my old grip. 
Good luck with that, don't be afraid to try something else.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

I grip with just my index and thumb aswell but I bring my other fingers up over the dart to keep them out the way...kinda like I was doing the 'ok' sign to someone lol
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Well guys, first of all I want to thank you for the replies! They helped me going through the times of pain, it seemed that after throwing a few hours a day my fingers got used to the grip. And it fits me very well, because I even threw my first 180 -ever!- with 'em!
So after all, I'm pretty convinced they'll stay with me for a couple of years from now. Cheers!
(03-28-2016, 11:43 PM)MoonFire Wrote: Well guys, first of all I want to thank you for the replies! They helped me going through the times of pain, it seemed that after throwing a few hours a day my fingers got used to the grip. And it fits me very well, because I even threw my first 180 -ever!- with 'em!
So after all, I'm pretty convinced they'll stay with me for a couple of years from now. Cheers!

Well done on the maximum!

Good to hear the darts aren't causing you discomfort anymore.
The purist grip on your darts probably settled down a little and the skin on your finger became a little thicker too.

Happy throwing!
Have a careful check, with a magnifying glass if you have one. One or more of the darts could possibly have a sharp edge on the ring grips section. I have mounted dart barrels in an electric drill & smoothed the sharp edge with a fine file.taking off the minimum amount of metal
Can I ask how "hard or tight" are you gripping the dart ??
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List of darts with Purist Grip (or similar) TheRedBit 26 3,311 05-12-2020, 06:33 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Unicorn Evolution of the Power phase 5 v phase 6 Equalizer 1 959 02-27-2020, 05:29 PM
Last Post: The Pro Towel Waver
  Phil Taylor Phase 1 vs Phase 2 asquick 1 368 09-26-2019, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Humdinger
  What Unicorn Taylor Phase 5 edition? vanJupp 6 1,554 09-20-2017, 02:14 PM
Last Post: vanJupp
  phase2 purist and adam paxton darts m3333 2 758 05-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Last Post: BenGreen180
  Phase 3 Purist 24g Red'75™ 14 1,884 01-26-2017, 11:58 AM
Last Post: ElusiveDouble85