Harrows Darts.

flight styles that change board entry
hi all from my last post which covered weights im now using 16 gram feather lights now i know that flights change the arc of the dart but just to be bloody awkward i have a question as a part noob? lol
to start with i like my darts to land a 90 degrees ie straight in the board now if i use pear shaped they tend to land with the flight pointing to the floor which is a big no for me now tried standard flights and they have the complete reverse effect they land fights pointing up so what is out there which falls between both to hopefully correct this thanks ps what are these L flights are they good as some youtube vids claim to be ?
your thoughts lads and ladies cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
18g penetrators, l-style silent spinning 30mm, punched kite flights, trident 180's,
22g screaming eagle's, 
21g razors, 
21g amberjack, 
23g viking raiders,
26g striker's ( I think? over 10 years old),
16g feather lites,
bulls advantage 3 with custom rota lock  Target Carrera C4+ suround, + chalkie scorer, + 4x5w cw smd led 720lumin (bring yr sunglasses) lighting.
You ever seen this? Experiment with different stems aswell perhaps.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
right cheers| no that is a first for me not seen some of these flights for sale are they all standard ie not custom?
18g penetrators, l-style silent spinning 30mm, punched kite flights, trident 180's,
22g screaming eagle's, 
21g razors, 
21g amberjack, 
23g viking raiders,
16g feather lites,
bulls advantage 3 with custom rota lock  Target Carrera C4+ suround, + chalkie scorer, + 4x5w cw smd led 720lumin (bring yr sunglasses) lighting.
(03-22-2016, 10:14 PM)John holmes Wrote: right cheers| no that is a first for me not seen some of these flights for sale are they all standard ie not custom?

They are all from Harrows, except for the fantail and vortex I've seen the rest in most online stores. 

I personally use kites but not entirely sure where they fit in in this graph, for me they land almost similar to pears.

Have you tried using longer stems with the standard flights or shorter with the pears? That might work for you.
I dont believe in that chart stuff everyone throws different, doesn't cost alot to pick up some cheap flights and shafts dont be afraid to experiment to see what works
The chart above works the opposite for me ,,,, so I try everything I can find ,, and then forget about it and buy some stuff to try and then remember the stuff from before and try them all again,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-22-2016, 10:24 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: I dont believe in that chart stuff everyone throws different, doesn't cost alot to pick up some cheap flights and shafts dont be afraid to experiment to see what works

Yup. I posted about this before. But the type of release each person has directly reflects how each type of shaft/flight/barrel combo will come off your hand and fly through the air.
yep trial and error for me i tend to like my dart short (hate big long darts tbh) time to invent a new flight one which sits between standard and pear lol
22g screaming eagle's, 
21g razors, 
21g amberjack, 
23g viking raiders,
16g feather lites,
The have one it's called Shape
(03-22-2016, 09:57 PM)John holmes Wrote: ... i like my darts to land a 90 degrees ie straight in the board now if i use pear shaped they tend to land with the flight pointing to the floor which is a big no for me now tried standard flights and they have the complete reverse effect they land fights pointing up so what is out there which falls between...

I'm just like you.  Most of my darts like kites with short stems. Kites don't appear in the above chart for some reason, but they're very common.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

(03-22-2016, 11:06 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: The have one it's called Shape

well thanks for the insight noobs are noobs for a reason :dodgy:
22g screaming eagle's, 
21g razors, 
21g amberjack, 
23g viking raiders,
16g feather lites,
Yw just letting you know
This may sounds stupid. But if you get the hands on some James Wade Darts try them. I find they land extremly flat and have a stable flight no matter which flights you use.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...
Highout: 125 (T20-T15-D10)

James wade uses 20g to heavy unfortunately
22g screaming eagle's, 
21g razors, 
21g amberjack, 
23g viking raiders,
16g feather lites,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When to change a flight nigo75 18 707 03-14-2021, 06:29 PM
Last Post: The Fox
  Flight shapes and flight trajectories and land angle B2B180 6 917 01-19-2020, 10:26 PM
Last Post: JAMSGOLF