Darts Buddy

Descending the depths of madness! Modding Japanese darts
I know double-threaded 2ba darts aren't exactly favored here, so I'll try to keep this short.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Went through three stages of mods - reduced the weight with reversed 'Apollo' cuts up front, sharp Delta cuts just in front of the slope, and alternate shark and ring towards the back. I kept the rings for a reason to be revealed later!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Since this is just experimental for myself, I kinda wacked the darts up a bit though so please don't expect purdy pictures, but they work very well for me. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

Match-weighed at 15.8g without point or balance weights. 

Am I nutz?  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

And now, the reason I kept the ringed grip - so that I could DIY a Diamond Grip!

Thanks for looking. Cheers!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-20-2016, 10:05 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: I know double-threaded 2ba darts aren't exactly favored here, so I'll try to keep this short.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Went through three stages of mods - reduced the weight with reversed 'Apollo' cuts up front, sharp Delta cuts just in front of the slope, and alternate shark and ring towards the back. I kept the rings for a reason to be revealed later!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Since this is just experimental for myself, I kinda wacked the darts up a bit though so please don't expect purdy pictures, but they work very well for me. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

Match-weighed at 15.8g without point or balance weights. 

Am I nutz?  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

And now, the reason I kept the ringed grip - so that I could DIY a Diamond Grip!

Thanks for looking. Cheers!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

That diamond grip looks good mate, nicely done Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Wow! How did you manage all that?
Details!
Those are some very awesome looking darts! How did you make the diamond grip?
i like the custom diamond grip! it looks like u perfectly placed little tiny rocks in-between each ring lol
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Now that's what I'd call a project!
"What should I put here?"
Yeah, no.
It's cool!
Thanks guys! 

JayKay, for the grooves I used needle files, mainly half-rounds, three square, barrette, elliptical and sometimes pillar and rounds. I can't tell exactly what kind of file to use for what groove as I have to look very closely at the grooves, and their widths, taking into consideration what i want to achieve before deciding on what files to use. On some of the grooves above, like the front reversed 'Apollo', I simply used the elliptical file, whereas with the sharks, and the most rearward groove, I used the barrette, three square (triangle) and crossing.

I figured most of you would like the 'Diamond' grip. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Those were the easiest to do! Tiny strips of glasspaper and double-sided tape. I used 80 grit for a much rougher texture, but I've also used grits as fine as 800 or 1000 just to get a smidgen of friction. For the finer grits, you might have to use more tape, or even place them on top of the grooves as they are very thin. It holds up quite well after heat curing with a hairdryer, and survives wetting (the adhesives on the tape doesn't come off easily) but it depends on what type of tape you use.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers!
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Japanese Darts: Crossing the Osorezan - a Photographic Journey of Darts Ancient Darter 8 964 05-21-2018, 05:44 AM
Last Post: Ancient Darter
  Coming around again ... Japanese John Lowe style darts with a difference! Ancient Darter 14 4,908 06-29-2017, 08:26 AM
Last Post: theblindPew