Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

MVG: im starting to actually appreciate the guy!
Hi guys

Im actually starting to appreciate the guy.

I wasnt a fan at first. What with the celebrations etc.......however.........when you look past that the talent is exceptional!

Anyone who has achieved what he has by 26 deserves full credit for his ability. He can only beat those in front of.him and whatsmore theres no tricks, no BS. He plays his game and never changes.

Hes achieved more than 99% of players not named Taylor will ever achieve and only mid 20s.

If you'd have asked me this 6 months ago id have bemoaned him for all the wrong reasons.

The reality is thats hes a phenomenon and i for one am starting to undergone a conversion!
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

Kevmode's posts seem to working their magic.    A convert in the making.    Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

No really, I appreciate the guys talent and what he's accomplished in  relatively short time.    Let's just wait and see how long it lasts.  But I'm enjoying his throwing for now.    The rest can be a bit annoying, but that's just him.
Mvg is fantastic and is great for the sport of darts. This guy has the World of darts buzzing and is a great sportsman who loves the game. MVG just plays the game and doesn't use dirty tactics like Hankey who people love for some reason I don't understand. MVG is my favorite athlete currently on the planet right now. I am looking foward to watching MVG play for the next couple of decades he is must watch darts.
(03-19-2016, 11:18 PM)kevmode Wrote: Mvg is fantastic and is great for the sport of darts.  This guy has the World of darts buzzing and is a great sportsman who loves the game.  MVG just plays the game and doesn't use dirty tactics like Hankey who people love for some reason I don't understand.  MVG is my favorite athlete currently on the planet right now.  I am looking foward to watching MVG play for the next couple of decades he is must watch darts.

Wait a minute here.   To call 90+% of dart players an "Athlete" is a total insult to the real athletes of the world.   I can only think of a couple that come close to being called an athlete and it starts with Gerwin Price, the former Rugby player turned dart pro and the rest of the list is real short.
I agree that MVG is a great player however to say he just plays the game is something I take issue with.
When he starts the fist pumping and the exploding head gurning syndrome after winning an important leg is his way of bringing it full on in his opponents face and is very poor sportsmanship and intended to be distracting and intimidating, if not why not do it after walking past on the oche first.
In awe of his ability but just as guilty of gamesmanship as anyone else
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average

Darts - Showtime Revolution 24g, Target Super grip stems, Pentathlon Flights.
Best leg - 16 darts (15 darts- webcam)
Best peg - 146 T20,T18,D16

^^^ Lmao. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'm sorry Kev, NiteEyez just has things to offer you could only dream of.
Guilty!!!!! Lol

Please follow my blog:

^^ LOL
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
(03-19-2016, 11:49 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: I agree that MVG is a great player however to say he just plays the game is something I take issue with.
When he starts the fist pumping and the exploding head gurning syndrome after winning an important leg is his way of bringing it full on in his opponents face and is very poor sportsmanship and intended to be distracting and intimidating, if not why not do it after walking past on the oche first.

Spot on Chris.... I hate all his antics he looks like a cross between a '1970's bovver boy' (minus the bracers and boots Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) and Shrek....it's all unnecessary I personally think he'd be more intimidating if he showed absolutely no emotion at all.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

LOL bovver boy! Not heard that for a long time, and bovver boots lol!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(03-20-2016, 02:01 PM)Dorian Wrote:
(03-19-2016, 11:49 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: I agree that MVG is a great player however to say he just plays the game is something I take issue with.

Spot on Chris.... I hate all his antics he looks like a cross between a '1970's bovver boy' (minus the bracers and boots Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) and Shrek....it's all unnecessary I personally think he'd be more intimidating if he showed absolutely no emotion at all.
Ayup Dorian

I used to be a 70's bovver boy, happy days!

Shed
LOL I am not surprised to hear that Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

At the risk of sounding like i am doing a complete 180, what i meant was he doesnt change his game to affect others.

I personally dont like the over the top gurning and head jutting constantly, its got him noticed though (along with the performance obviously) so he'll keep doing it as the crowd seem to love it.

At the end of the day the game needs characters and he is one of them.

Bloody hell listen to me. Im also a paid up member of the fan club!

Please follow my blog:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PDC Home Tour 2 starting 31 August mc1958 29 1,214 10-20-2020, 09:43 PM
Last Post: mc1958