Unicorn

Peter Wright Snakebite Euro 11 Element 20g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcKd3bSuGDw

I got these Peter Wright Euro 11 Element darts a few weeks ago and would have had my review posted last week but Windows 10 decided to install itself on my PC without my permission and it messed up the software I was using for my reviews, finally got it sorted so hopefully will be back to normal now, (shakes fist at MS)  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

So I had some extra play time with them since doing my video review which I will talk about later, but for now a few details.

The darts are available in two weights 20g reviewed here and also 24g and they have the very nice diamond coating and retail for £59.90.

There is also a version available in plain 85% tungsten, I am not sure if these are 85% tungsten though as it does not say on the Red Dragon site, it just says Premier Tungsten?  

You can find more info here: Peter Wright Euro 11 Element 20g

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come supplied in a very nice RD Tri Fold Pro Wallet and are supplied with 2 sets of medium Cross Fire Carbon Fibre stems, 2 sets of black hardcore extra thick flights and a point protector and RD Guarantee card:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

As you can see its a very long slim dart with a pretty much basic ring style grip but very nicely coated with the diamond coating which I am growing rather fond of.  I think physically the coating has kind of filled in some of the thin grooves and slightly rounded off some of the wider ones so its not as edgy as it may have been but the coating itself provides a decent amount of grip so overall I would say its high medium level of grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels are very closely matched and the difference between lightest and heaviest is nine hundredths of a gram:

Weight with full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance is towards the front:

With the supplied set up it moves slightly rear of centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I was quite comfortable with my front grip on these although the thinness of the barrel was a little strange at first, soon got used to it though:

This was my first throw after I stopped recording my video and had quite a few like this since, the darts mostly landed in my usual angle, had the odd one that went a little flatter but I think it was just a bad release:

CONCLUSION:

Now I would not normally by a dart like this but its not because there is anything wrong with them its just that I don't usually like such long thin darts really but as I like to do reviews of popular darts mainly because of requests and also my own curiosity I wanted to try ANOTHER Peter Wright set and also try the weight he had been using.  So I cant say I was expecting great results personally from these but they did perform better than I thought.

With them been so long and me been a front gripper I was expecting big fish tailing but there was surprisingly very little to non at all?  It could be that my throw is starting to get smoother and more consistent of late or it may be that the darts just have a nice balance in spite of the length, and with the medium stems on it does seem rather long.  Overall thought they were fairly smooth with my front grip but took a little getting used to the thin feel but that couple with the length and the lighter weight meant they needed a little more practice.

After doing the review I have played with them more and even though I tried some short stems on which worked fine, I seemed to be getting used to the barrels with the mediums on and got them flying very well, had a fair amount of close 140's so far.  So was a dart that was worth sticking with and its rewarding to see good results from my efforts.

I think its a barrel that can probably suit any grip but I guess it depends if you like long barrels but I think the balance around centre felt best so should be very good for middle grippers and throwing the darts from the rear was not too bad either in as much as I am able to tell with it not been my natural throw from there but should be fine for rear grippers too.

I do really like this diamond coating though, like I said before it kind of feels like sandpaper but it is grippy without been aggressive and does not feel sweaty which is great!

I think if your not sure about the dart suiting you then its probably best to try the cheaper non-diamond coated version first, then if you like those I think its worth getting this version, of course the coating may be one of those things you need to try to be sure if you like it or not but I think most people will like it. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 7.5 (nice and sparkly coating on a fairly simple design that works)
Grip: 7.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 7 (2 very close)
Quality: 8 (nice quality)
Value: 7.5 (a fair bit more expensive than the plain version, but it is diamonds Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. )
Suitability for me: 7 (quite long and thin but worked very well with a bit of practice )

Best Feature: Diamond coating Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Superb as always. I did toy with the idea of getting the 24g version but they are waaaaay to long. +1
beautiful darts and review Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Thanks guys! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I think those would be too long for me but I really like the idea of that type of grip.
+1 for the review, top notch as always.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

Not seen the video yet but looks to be a superb review again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hard to judge.
I would say the smaller grooves should have been recut after the coating process. Looks a bit cheapo homemade with these crumbles sticking in the grooves.
Especially if one takes into account that these are 60 Quid Darts.

Great Review though.
Great work Darren. Way too long for me...but a nice looking dart.
Match Darts:
Barney Phase5 25g
Best Leg 15 darts 501
Highest Checkout 145
Favourite double 16
I'm only here for the reviews.

Great review as usual , personally not keen on these types of grip by the look of them, they may feel ok but I wouldn't pay to have a look lol +1

Member previously known as Daveheald

Cheers all! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I think with a lot of coatings and barrel grip designs its not possible to know whether you will like it or not until you actually try it, which is the Catch 22 problem as unless you can try without buying then you have no option but to risk splashing the cash, it just seems that most new things like this coating add a substantial amount extra to the total so the only way I can say you can get a similar feel is to get some sandpaper and wrap it round your barrel, it should be pretty close to the feel of the diamond coating.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

great review been waiting on theese getting reviewed ,,
I have the winmau diamond 24gr straight barrel darts... think they are quite similar, just a little shorter. They fly very nicely.. and I've hit a few 180s with them (my first ever!). Though it does seem that after a month of using them they feel a lot smoother, and the sandpaper feel wares off a bit.
Thanks guys, I think someone else said after a while it felt smoother but they gave them a good clean with the rubber and it felt good again, so worth a try cleaning them.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I've cleaned them about once a week using the rubber and also trying with washing up liquid and a toothbrush, it does help, but they are defiantly a lot less grippier
Great review,, Ive got the 24g "none diamond" grip and love em,  seriously thinking of increasing my Snakebite obsession with these,
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Champion Special Edition Torpedo Darts Review Getagrip 7 464 02-01-2021, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Championship Tapered Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 14 995 12-28-2020, 03:42 PM
  Peter Wright PL15 Blue 22g darts review Getagrip 39 29,400 12-20-2020, 11:40 AM
  Reddragon Peter Wright Snakebite Lunar SE 22g Don Q 12 1,795 03-25-2020, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Don Q
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Champion 2020 23g Darts Review Getagrip 29 3,443 03-04-2020, 04:14 PM
  Red Dragon Peter Wright Melbourne Masters Edition 22g darts review Getagrip 23 4,940 03-26-2019, 11:59 AM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982
  Peter Wright Snakebite PL15 24g darts review Getagrip 33 31,498 01-17-2019, 03:08 PM
  One80 - Peter Machin - 23g - Review vanJupp 22 3,921 01-08-2019, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  Peter Wright Snakebite 5 23g darts review Getagrip 36 25,672 10-05-2018, 09:09 AM
  Red Dragon Peter Wright Mamba 24g darts review Getagrip 18 11,922 10-03-2018, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out