Darts Buddy

soft tip boards
hello guys, im new to beautiful game of darts and i have many questions, in this thread i wanna ask something about different board sizes in soft tip darts;

i noticed that most of you guys on forum use 15" dartboards (so i decided to buy one as well) but here in Croatia only dartboards that you can buy is 13". Also, in every pub and on every tournament we are only using those smaller dartboards... im confused, because while i was reading about it on the net i came to understanding that 15" is international standard, so i cannot understand why we dont use rules like the rest of the world?

i also wanna know is it good investment to buy one of those 13" boards just to practise for bigger dartboard? is anyone doing that?

and also; those 15" dartboards have 6 hole treble sgments, 13" dartboards use 2 hole segments and there are also dartboards with 3 holes per segment - i havent seen that anyone uses those for tournamets... are they any good then?

PS sry for bad english Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
In Europe I couldn't find a 15.5" board either. I did some research about the local soft tip leagues and the only one I could find uses these machines Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I guess you can say the "international standard" doesn't apply to Europe.
VDARTS H2 Global Online Dartboard

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I can just speak for Germany but here it is normal to play on 13" Boards while throwing from 2.37m (like Steeldart). I was also wondering cause Big Asian Tournaments are Bullshooter Tournaments where they play on 15" Boards.

13" and our stupid rule which let us only use 18g Darts makes E-Darts hard to play in my opinion. At least they changed the throwing distance in 2016. It was 2.44m before (like in Asian countries) but now they switched to the Steeldart distance.
From what I know it depends on the league and the brand of boards they use.

Countries like Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Norway, (parts of) Germany, etc play on Arachnid Bullshooter boards that are 15".
France has quite a bit of DartsLive going on which are also 15".
IDF (International Darts Federation) uses 13" I think and if I'm correct is the biggest league in Croatia en other parts of Germany.

At least this is what I've seen.
I play in the Bullshooter Netherlands league myself.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Here in the USA the Arachnid G3 is the current "Big Gun" in the soft tip arena,,,,,it features both the 13 and the 15 inch boards in a reversible design as pictured here,,,,,,

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
this is the first time I saw this ˝rotating˝ design and its simply great... its not as fancy as those asian big screens and LED base but for a true player this Arachnid machine is dream come true Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

im asking about this regulations because, so far, I only played at home (on the 15˝ dartboard) and Im just not confident enough  for challenging players who play on those 13˝ dartboards - those are only played here in Croatia and comparing these two sizes (and also distance from dartboard) is like comparing tennis and table tennis Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

IMHO,  this is the biggest reason why soft tip is not that popular...
Quote:IMHO,  this is the biggest reason why soft tip is not that popular...

this and
- plastic tips
- dart weight limit
- stupid carnival that breaks loose every time you hit
- that you have to throw coins in it for every single game
- that you leave the counting to the machine

(03-25-2016, 02:12 PM)Shotgun Wrote:
Quote:IMHO,  this is the biggest reason why soft tip is not that popular...

this and
- plastic tips
- dart weight limit
- stupid carnival that breaks loose every time you hit
- that you have to throw coins in it for every single game
- that you leave the counting to the machine

well, i said BIGGEST hahaha :Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
i can agree about plastic tips and all those funny noises and visuals from machine but weight limit is not necessarily such a bad thing - its more difficult with lighter darts and few more inches from dartboard (for me it is the bst thing when steel tip players made fun about soft tip and huge segments and then they cant hit sh*t :Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ; also, when you play on competitive level or when you are training in club there is no need for coins and its the same thing with the counting which is done by ref
(03-23-2016, 03:12 PM)0ldjoblo Wrote: Here in the USA the Arachnid G3 is the current "Big Gun" in the soft tip arena,,,,,it features both the 13 and the 15 inch boards in a reversible design as pictured here,,,,,,

[Video: https://youtu.be/66BSesP3mX4]

It really looks very good .
But the price is quite high for a home system , at least from what I've seen browsing the internet .
Quote:few more inches from dartboard 

At  least we throw from 2.37m in Germany (DSAB, the biggest "Sanctioning Body" here, changed from 2.44 to 2.37 for ´16)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soft Tip Home Boards barrel1 2 418 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
Last Post: barrel1
  Replacement section for soft top boards shingmm 4 959 08-30-2017, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Dannylin
  Soft tip Boards - Most players in Europe? NickB 2 779 03-24-2017, 01:57 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Warranties for soft tip boards Getagrip 10 2,110 01-29-2016, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Getagrip