Shot Darts

S7 Reviews #7: V180 24g Alan Norris
Hellllooooo Nutz! Been a while but thought it was time to get my reviewing head back on. This review is about a hidden gem I found recently and has quickly became my main set: V180 24g Alan Norris. I bought these from Dartscorner for a whopping £19.80!!!! (However, they only come with a point protector and nothing else. Suits me fine!)

LOOKS AND GRIP:

As you can see, these are quite chunky and short for a straight barrel with quite a random looking grip. At first, I was unsure where to grip the dart because of the differnent grip points on the barrel (tbh it didn't make any difference). Some who have used these say that the overall grip is quite low. I did find this the case but that was maybe because I had just changed from using a purist grip for so long. I would give it a 2.5 out of 5. Probably on par with a microgrip. But this allows me to release the dart much more cleanly than the purist which sometimes caused the dart to stick in my hand. The points they came with were very very slippy (like chrome) so would need scuffing up straight away but I opted to put lasered points in instead. My set up includes custom flights and short Target stems.
DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Drilled Out:

BALANCE:

Not much difference in balance between no stem, short and medium. It all sits around the front of that middle microgrip section so very centrally balanced.

PERFORMANCE:

Could I have grouped these any closer?!?!?!?!?!:

I bought these because I am a big fan and I was transtioning from using 25g darts with severe grip and medium stems to something shorter and lighter. Well well well!!! I was very surprised by these. They feel great and that shorter, thicker barrel really suits my style of throw. They fly very well and with no hint of wobble in flight.

CONCLUSION:

It just goes to show that you don't need to spend £35+ on a set of darts when cheaper options can perform just as well. The dimensions are spot on for me and the grip is not too severe so I can release the dart cleanly which really suits my faster style of throwing. These very quickly became my main set and I cannot praise these highly enough. I cannot see me changing any time soon. If you want a straight barrel with an average grip that won't cost the earth then I urge you to seek these out before they go seeing as Chuck has now signed for Target.

P.S Dear Target, please for the love of god do not ruin these my coming up wiith some bizarre grip that has LEDs coming off it and whistles when you throw and then charge people the price of a small family car for them. Thankyou please.

P.P.S My idea actually sounds quite cool. Hands off Target! That's my copyright!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice + 1 from me!

great review mate. i notice the 22g are no longer available, so maybe the Target release is just around the corner. I believe Target already make these for V180 so hopefully they will keep the design the same.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Medium Natural 
Flights: Standard No.2

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice review. A lot of good reports on these darts and they certainly do look good. Bargain price too considering they are endorsednand used by a top pro
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

I've always liked these darts. I've been after the 22 gram ones for a bit as they don't exist in stores anymore Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Great review +1
Great review mate :thumbup:
may all the doubles be with you

Good review mate. I've been tempted by these for a while although I'm a wee bit worried that they may be a bit short for me.
Nice review! +1

Some nice groupings there!

Darts with LED's eh, sounds good to me! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review!

And the mention of Target is hilarious. And true...
Nice review full of info and pics. +1
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Great review and nice clear pictures Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
So after reading this review I decided to buy a set of these darts. I followed Serial 7hrillers advice and scuffed the points really well. I was worried they would be too short and not be grippy enough but they were a dart I really wanted to try.
I've had the darts for 3 days now and have used them for roughly 3 hours. They are absolutely brilliant. I usually use a purist style grip so I was really surprised these darts suited me so well. I'd recommend them to anyone thinking about buying them!
(03-21-2016, 08:08 PM)Yuillsy Wrote: So after reading this review I decided to buy a set of these darts. I followed Serial 7hrillers advice and scuffed the points really well. I was worried they would be too short and not be grippy enough but they were a dart I really wanted to try.
I've had the darts for 3 days now and have used them for roughly 3 hours. They are absolutely brilliant. I usually use a purist style grip so I was really surprised these darts suited me so well. I'd recommend them to anyone thinking about buying them!

Thanks for your kind comments. I love the grip. Not too slippy and not too grippy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  S7 #12 Reviews: DPC Practice Guide Serial 7hriller 9 2,953 05-29-2019, 02:52 AM
Last Post: italNZ
  S7 Reviews #9: Unicorn 21g Joe Cullen Serial 7hriller 11 4,849 07-22-2016, 09:21 PM
Last Post: trekbowl300
  S7 Reviews #6: 25g Target Carrera C3 Serial 7hriller 18 7,223 05-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Viking
  TITAN REVIEWS - COMING SOON Titan 6 1,261 09-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Titan