Target Darts.

Darts practice
Hi guys I just wondering how much practice I should be doing I am playing for half an hour a day is this enough
This is different for every person, I would recommend however to stop as soon you start to lose focus. As long you feel you're getting better continue what you're doing Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
For me 1/2 hour I barely get my arm warmed up. As long as you can maintain your form and make your shots what the hell. I have too much fun throwing to stop after only 1/2 hour.
It is different for every one if you start to get frustrated walk away have a coffee and return to your practice.
For me it's usually 15-20 minutes of warm up and then I play until I lose focus.
So around 20-25 minutes in total. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Just kidding of course... It's usually around 1 to 2 hours total time with some small breaks in between.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have practiced for a total of 3 hours over the weekend and it definitely pays off got 4 140s and did well on my finishing on doubles .
I usually try and put in at least an hour a day. Like the others it's tough once you lose focus but I play in a league where a regular match night requires you to throw for about 2 to even 3 hours so, for me I find that at home I need to push through the "losing focus" stage and work on routines or whatever to help maintain my focus.

If I don't do that, I lose it very quickly during my matches and then I'm toast!

Another consideration for myself is building stamina for those long hauls or tournaments. It seems the longer I play for the worse I get so, at home I've been forcing myself to play for longer periods of time to try and get used to it.

Congrats on the 140's
"What should I put here?"
LAs much as you like, no point practicing for 3 hours though if by the second hour you are just chucking them, focused shorter sessions may suit you better
I think the key is to think about your practice. Why are you practicing? What are you doing in your practice routines?

I strongly believe that there is more to practice, much more, than just throwing at the board and racking up hours.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Hi guys,

At the moment I tend to after warm up practice segments of 01 game. One day I do practice power scoring ( pounding 20's, 19's, 18's and 17's treble bads) 20 round per number, and the other day after warm up I practice outshots ( starting from 61 and if scored then up for 10 if not down for 1). Any advice on the practice concept from the experience ones is more than welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thank you
The key thing is your playing everyday. That means your keeping your rhythm and the consistency.
DARTS: RedDragon Hell Fire 24g
DART BOARD: Winmau Ton Machine
Yeah you should be trying to get at least 30 mins to 1 hour every day but if getting really serious I would say 2 hours plus, but it has to be quality focused practice.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-02-2016, 03:37 PM)Getagrip Wrote: ...it has to be quality focused practice.

I should pin this up and tack it next to the board. It's taken me far to long to get this into my thick head. I've started to stop once my action breaks down (~60-90 min) and it's worked a treat.
(12-02-2016, 05:45 PM)wongerchi Wrote:
(12-02-2016, 03:37 PM)Getagrip Wrote: ...it has to be quality focused practice.

I should pin this up and tack it next to the board.  It's taken me far to long to get this into my thick head.  I've started to stop once my action breaks down (~60-90 min) and it's worked a treat.

I think there is a very fine line between thinking just enough that your concentrating properly and thinking so much that it affects everything, but when you get it spot on it feels like a zen moment Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

The temptation when you're throwing well is to keep going.  I mean, why wouldn't you??!?  

I am now trying to walk away when I have practiced enough and I am still throwing well.  It's hard but mentally I find it good for me.

As an alternative to your checkout game (up by 10, down by 1) why not try this instead:  randomly pick finishes in the range you want to practice and try to take them out.  I use random.org to generate a finish between 61 and a 100 for me.  When I'm given the number to take out I make it like a match situation.

For example...
Here's the URL I use: 
https://www.random.org/integers/?num=1&m...ml&rnd=new

I paste it into my browser and get a number.  In this case...  87

First I need to know how I go for this without looking at a chart.  Through much practice I know that this is (for me) treble 17 for double 18.  I also know that single 17 leaves 70 and because I'm trying to finish I'll go to 20's for either D5 or bullseye.  All of this is part of the practice.  I then throw and try to take it out in 2 visits.

I found having this random element really helped as I was getting going at knowing which way to go when the numbers came in sequence, but struggled at times during games.  By that I mean I remembered how to take out 73 when it followed straight after 72, but not so much when it appeared out of the blue in a match.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)