Darts Buddy

Darts-Golf - Fun/Practice Game
I posted this on my intro thread but thought I'd give it it's own thread as in case anyone else was interested.  It's just a fun round-the-board game my mate came up with (so he says) but I think it's a decent practice tool and works really well with a group of people for a laugh as well.

Basically you have 3 darts at each number 1-20 and you score according to where they land (unsurprisingly).  Your best dart counts but you can further reduce your score by getting all 3 darts in the same bed.  So in each round out of 3 darts...

- 1 or 2 in the fat bit = 4 points
- 1 or 2 in the thin bit = 3 points
- 1 or 2 in the double = 2 points
- 1 or 2 in the treble = 1 points
- 3 in the fat bit = 0
- 3 in the thin bit = -1
- 3 in the double = -2
- 3 in the treble = -3
- 1 each in the Single, Double and Treble = -1 (aka. shanghai)
- Miss = 7 (Kneeling with head in hands going "NOOOooo!!!")

Right, once you've gone round 1-20 you get 2 bonus rounds.  The first you aim at outer bull and you get -5 for each hit so max -15.  If you hit anything else e.g. bull you get nothing.  Next round is 3 darts at the bull for which you score -10 on each dart, again scoring nothing for anything else so potentially -30 here.

So that's it, "Par" is 80 of course i.e. at least one dart in the fat bit of each number and on average I generally score between 60 and 40 but my best is 24 with some jammy bulls (in practice) although I did get by best ever pub score of 31 last night, beating the inventor of the game no less (sorry Rich!).

Love to know what others score if anyone gives it a go.

Darts:
   Bunting Gen 2 - 23g.
Stems:  Pro-Grip Short.
Flights:  Standard, variable designs.
It took me while to figure out the scoring as you described it. My fault, you have made it all clear. Just one clarification, please. Miss (+7) = all three darts?

This sounds fun. Like Bermuda Triangle, the Bulls make a big difference. I think this is a game that would really show how crappy I am. I look forward to giving it a run. I am very busy with work this weekend, but will post a score when I get a chance.

You might want to post this in the challenges section of the forum. There are tons of great game challenges there and I personally suffer a diminished level of achievement every minute I waste playing Cricket against my mindless electronic scorer, rather than tackling the challenges there.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

(03-12-2016, 01:33 AM)Dartbuggy Wrote: It took me while to figure out the scoring as you described it. My fault, you have made it all clear. Just one clarification, please. Miss (+7) = all three darts?

This sounds fun. Like Bermuda Triangle, the Bulls make a big difference. I think this is a game that would really show how crappy I am. I look forward to giving it a run. I am very busy with work this weekend, but will post a score when I get a chance.

You might want to post this in the challenges section of the forum. There are tons of great game challenges there and I personally suffer a diminished level of achievement every minute I waste playing Cricket against my mindless electronic scorer, rather than tackling the challenges there.

Cheers for the feedback, so if you miss the number you are going for in that particular round with all 3 darts you score 7.  I'll post the picture of the scoreboard I got last night to clarify, I bloody missed the 16 hence there's a 7 score 16 rows down (I'm the one on the right)...

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
[url=https://postimage.org/app.php][/url]

Also thanks for the tip about the Challenges section, wasn't sure where to post but maybe I'll give that a go if anyone's interested.

Darts:
   Bunting Gen 2 - 23g.
Stems:  Pro-Grip Short.
Flights:  Standard, variable designs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MAD COW! ~ Double Out Practice Game wzywg 0 199 03-06-2021, 08:57 PM
Last Post: wzywg
  Practice ring game tropicalpalmtree 4 223 02-26-2021, 08:44 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Rising Tide, Practice Game Sbruno33 0 253 02-13-2020, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Sbruno33
  My Darts Practice Game DAVEISTHENAME 7 945 07-29-2018, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Trifle
  20's Practice Game JamieJ 4 670 07-08-2018, 12:50 AM
Last Post: Baloos
  Eric Bristow's practice game. Beanerds 9 1,553 03-29-2017, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  New practice game i thought of. Thoughts? reddog153 8 1,263 02-13-2017, 12:54 AM
Last Post: reddog153
  Drew's 100 (for practice and as a game with a built in handicap) LoveTheDartsCDN 9 1,642 12-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Last Post: wongerchi
  New practice game for doubling in JayPro 4 1,097 06-10-2016, 07:32 PM
Last Post: mcockrell
  Doubles Practice Game MichaelB 3 1,021 05-28-2016, 04:55 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade