Target Darts.

Loose Stem
The stems i currently use are medium length super grip. I seem to have 1 stem that keeps coming loose, i have tried other stems but its always the same dart that has keeps coming loose. This is becoming very distracting as when i go to aim my shot up i can feel the stem wobbling  :s

Any advice welcome

Jase
Started Playing Darts Again Jan 2016

Board - Winmau Blade 4
Darts - 21g Target Phil Taylor power 80 

Highest Check Out - 115.......02/02/2017
Maximum count : 1
put on some of those little rubber black o-rings Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
(03-10-2016, 06:10 PM)Titan Wrote: put on some of those little rubber black o-rings Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

this ^^^
but if you're really cheap you can take a bar napkin placed over the threading and screw the stem in then tear away the edges and it will do the same thing.
You mentioned using other stems, and only one dart holds the stems loosely regardless of what stem you use ... quick fix: wrap some PTFE/pumbers' tape round one stem threads and try that. If you've wrapped enough, it should hole quite nicely. If not, wrap more.

Sounds like somehow or another, the threads in the dart has gotten stripped.

For a more permanent fix, you can try something like the Loctite Stripped Thread Repair Kit (Form-A-Thread).

https://www.na.henkel-adhesives.com/prod...7876355073

If you have 2Ba O-rings around, try that first.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Put a bit of a plastic bag or flight bag over the hole where the stem goes...screw it in and tear away access bag..stem won't loosen and easily done when changing stems etc
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
is it the barrel or the stem ur using on the barrel? do other stems become lose in that barrel? if not, then get another set of Super Grips and just use one of them and then you'd have 2 replacement stems Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. but only if u dont want to do any of the other options
TITAN
(03-10-2016, 07:04 PM)Titan Wrote: is it the barrel or the stem ur using on the barrel? do other stems become lose in that barrel? if not, then get another set of Super Grips and just use one of them and then you'd have 2 replacement stems Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. but only if u dont want to do any of the other options

i have tried other stems but just seems to be the one dart that keeps coming loose enough to feel the wobble when moving the darts  :dodgy:
just ordered some O rings from ebay to see if that helps  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
thanks for all the suggestions Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

Jase

Board - Winmau Blade 4

no problem bud. best of luck and let us know how it works out for you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
As said PTFE tape, plastic bag, cling film; aluminum cooking foil,rubber "O" Ring smear of JB Weld in the barrel end & when set retap with 2 BA Tap if you have access to one Cut a slot with junior hacksaw in the stem don thr centre of the threads & push in a thn piece of card to swell out the thread dia
thanks for all the advice guys, my o-rings came and they are working a treat  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Board - Winmau Blade 4

The last couple of days a started wrap my stems threads with a small ammount of plastic food foil and the stems don't unscrew for any reason.
O rings are great. You can also use loctite.
Match Darts: Target Carrera C3 25g
Shafts: L-style carbon locked
Flights: L-style champagne shape C3 dimple

High in: 160 Matchplay / High out: 170 Matchplay
(03-17-2016, 11:31 AM)jase1 Wrote: thanks for all the advice guys, my o-rings came and they are working a treat  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Hi Jase1,

You've got the typical Darts Nutz response to you problem .....plenty of sound advice but I want to pick up on a sentences you've entered i.e

Started Playing Darts Jan 2016

Highest Check Out - 114.......15/03/2016

That's truly outstanding work ...keep it up  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

I've never had a nylon or the like stem come lose. Never. Maybe I overtightened them in the first place?

I mean, I threw months with my vision stems and never had them come lose. I threw even longer with my Cosmo carbons and never had to tighten them ever. Am I the minority???
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
(04-03-2016, 07:57 AM)Milkysunshine Wrote: I've never had a nylon or the like stem come lose. Never. Maybe I overtightened them in the first place?

I mean, I threw months with my vision stems and never had them come lose. I threw even longer with my Cosmo carbons and never had to tighten them ever. Am I the minority???

It may have more to do with your darts than your stems.  I have a couple sets in which any stem is going to be a bit loose without an o-ring or some thread-wrapping.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  loose point djrocs88 14 1,133 01-24-2020, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  Short Stem vs. Long Stem Karldawg 44 12,586 07-10-2019, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Doctor Bones
  [Advise] Repointer Loose Thread Fix guest2 13 4,306 09-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Ni518079