Shot Darts

Staying loose at tournaments
It seems like I shoot my best darts when I have had some substantial warmup.   I always seem to struggle at tournaments and even league nights where you are not playing steadily.  I can usually do well in the first round as I get there early and warm up, but as soon as the layoff comes between first and second round I seem to lose my throw as there are usually other matches going on and any free boards tend to have 4-5 people shooting on them.

Does anybody have any good advice for staying loose at tournaments?
Stay on the board that you finished on and keep throwing. Throw, Throw Throw.

You can try having practice sessions that simulate throwing every 5th man. Use a timer.

Play more doubles events .. this would correlate to a similar timing.

Just a few quick ideas. Good Luck.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts: 22g Rebel One80 / 22g John Part Golden Hero
Stems: Harrow Magnetic Mediums
Flights: Combat
Board: Blade 4
Board Light: Circumluminator

Highest checkout: 167
Favorite checkout: 125 (50-25-50)
Fave players: Anderson, Wright, Part
Fave double: D16
Fave double in: D20
Best Game: 9 Dart 501

Best Darting Moments: playing John Part at an Exhibition / Being in attendance at World Grand Prix in Dublin 2014
Maybe take more breaks at home when practicing ... if your matches usually last 15-20 minutes then throw for that time, then wait 30 minutes and do it again ... of course this doesn't take into account how long you have available to practice so it might not be a viable option for you, but I think the only way to get over this is to prepare for it really.
Thanks for both of your replies - I will try to put some sort of timing mechanism into my practice -
I would add to keep stretching your arm out between rounds. I have the same problem in tournaments too. If I don't stretch and stay loose it feels like I need to get warmed up again when I go play, which takes me about 5 turns or so.
Matchdarts- 23.3g Ks99dime Madhouse Falcon Customs, 41mm diamond points, tweenie supergrip stems, Harrows Velos flights.
Backups- 23g Shot! Birds of Prey Falcon
25g Harrows Aura a3
24g Target Power 8Zero
23g Ks99dime Madhouse Customs
23g Adrian Lewis Pixel Grip
23g Target Daytona Fire 02
23g Dennis Priestley's
22g Cuesoul Black Scorpions
22g winmau snipers
21g Ks99dime Custom
21g Harrows Wolframs
21g Harrows Atomics
20g Monster Hades 2

Many tournaments don't have extra boards to throw on. You can simply move your arm a lot.

I suggest you keep score to stay mentally focused... And no matter what, do not sit down.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Ever tried wearing a compression sleeve? It will keep the blood in your arm warm and pumped and won't get as cold so soon. Just something I'm also trying out since I have state qualifiers coming up.
180 Goal - 5/10  
Twitter: James_Judd
Instagram: DartFiend1992  

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  loose stem = free spinners! CalixNL 5 380 09-09-2019, 06:40 PM
Last Post: CalixNL