Darts Buddy

In need of advice to improve
Hi, first off, hello to everyone on this forum.

Now to my problem. I've played soft tips for some time in pub and decided to get my own steel tips and board. I used to play with 16/18g now I have 24g. The biggest issue is aiming. I aimed with my arm rather stretched. Now I'm trying to aim with my arm at 90 degrees angle but darts are all over the place. Sometimes it's better but ocassionally it's like my hand move to the left or right and dart doesn't evet hit the board. I'm trying to practice but it's like I'm throwing without purpose, just repeating the same mistakes over and over.

Some good advices would be much appreciated. Thank you
Why not try to use your soft tip darts with conversion points? It really seems like 24g is to heavy for you, there are also lighter steeltips (Monster for example) if you don't want to use conversion points.
Why the big change in weights? as said above, try conversion points or lighter steel tips and see how that works out.

Also seems you have changed your throw. Not sure if that is just down to the weight of the new darts or not? If you where happy with your soft-tip game I would try and bring that across as closely as possible.

Have a look at the practice section on here for some routines to mix it up a bit.

Good luck bud Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Is the increase in weight making you aim differently or are you just doing that because you see others doing it?

Why cant you continue the way you already played?

But like others have said you could use the same darts with conversion points?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Just buy conversion points for your soft tip,don`t change darts weight or way you throw.
180-1(33)

(03-09-2016, 02:17 PM)Troll Wrote: Just buy conversion points for your soft tip,don`t change darts weight or way you throw.

Good advice from the Troll plus 1 Troll
(03-09-2016, 12:56 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Why cant you continue the way you already played?
The way I played wasn't efficient at all. I don't even own soft tips, I borrowed them at the bar or from friends. That's why I bought my own set and board.¨

I also forgot to mention that I used to have my left eye closed while aiming, don't know why, felt natural I guess.

I chose 24g based on two articles. The first was about how beginners should start from heavier darts and lower weight gradually. The second how 22-24g steel tips are semi-equivalent of 18g soft tips.

I plan to play both steel tips at home and soft tips on some hometown contests. So is it actually preferable to have only one set of soft tips with conversion points instead of two sets?

Thank you all for responses
(03-09-2016, 10:33 PM)karm Wrote:
(03-09-2016, 12:56 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Why cant you continue the way you already played?
The way I played wasn't efficient at all. I don't even own soft tips, I borrowed them at the bar or from friends. That's why I bought my own set and board.¨

I also forgot to mention that I used to have my left eye closed while aiming, don't know why, felt natural I guess.

I chose 24g based on two articles. The first was about how beginners should start from heavier darts and lower weight gradually. The second how 22-24g steel tips are semi-equivalent of 18g soft tips.

I plan to play both steel tips at home and soft tips on some hometown contests. So is it actually preferable to have only one set of soft tips with conversion points instead of two sets?

Thank you all for responses
Seems like you're definitely better off with just 1 set of soft tips. I use my soft tips on my steeltip board aswell and they are absolutely not the equivalent of my 22g's.

Closing one eye however seems like a very bad thing to do. I've never seen anyone do this and when I tried myself I couldn't even hit the board. Your complete interpretation of dept is gone. I could be wrong about this so lets see what others have to say Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
you want to improve?...try Flight School...
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
I see. Well if you have only just started with the 24g then it may take more time to get used to them. But if it feels more natural for you to aim with your arm outstretched then keep doing it, there is many unique throws in darts and its not really possible to say that a so called "orthodox" style of throwing will suit everyone.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Improve your accuracy? Dorian 9 431 05-24-2021, 12:10 PM
Last Post: ZoenHofland
  How is best for me to improve accuracy? tropicalpalmtree 11 672 03-21-2021, 12:51 AM
Last Post: tropicalpalmtree
  How can I improve? cpohd 11 807 09-10-2019, 07:33 PM
Last Post: UncleJJ
  Is there a way to improve consistency? MichaelLFC96 20 6,561 12-02-2015, 07:05 AM
Last Post: BigE
  Where to Improve my Throw -The Video Grey Owl 7 4,199 11-25-2015, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Crusher17