Target Darts.

New darts- want to love them but...
Have been discussing with a few people but thought I would put this one up.

I started throwing with a set of 22gr straight barrels then bought a set of 25gr straight barrels.  Once I got a grip and stance sorted out I found the 25's outscored the 22's.  But spending more time with the 22's I would get slightly better grouping and with practice the scoring was improving- especially in the later half of my practice sessions (not so much from when I started throwing).  I wonder possibly the 25's didnt group as tight due to them not having a good reference location on the barrel for my grip and I was getting some variation between throws.  From there I have recently purchased my first set of quality tungsten darts in the harrows wolfram.  I did this as they had great reviews for rear grippers which I am.  I opted for 22gr thinking that success would continue as per the previous set of 22's. 

After a sweet little honeymoon where I had multiple narrow misses at 180's fairly consistently, the A1 and pro darter figures are showing my darts to have gone down hill quite a bit.  The darts fly and land nice but I just cant get a good consistent hit with them scoring and it takes me a bit to hit where Im aiming with them.  They are comfortable and seem to suit me otherwise.

Im at a bit of a crossroads as to what to do further here- abandon these and get a heavier set maybe at 24gr, or go back to my old sets and get back to where Im comfortable again.  Would appreciate some suggestions.
 Its all a work in progress... one throw at a time Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
i would maybe give them another while as it could be your game that has maybe dropped that little bit...there is a graph somewhere charting the improvement of darts players and although the line does increase as time goes on, it is full of small peaks and troughs....

It could also be that you have added these expectations to the darts without even knowing and are putting pressure on yourself to produce the goods with them.

If the darts feel good and are comfortable to throw I would stick with them for another while anyway...

You could always pick up a cheap set of 25g that would be more suited to your grip in the meantime and see how the Wolframs go until they arrive in the post...Sell or trade the current 25s that you have if you need a few coins to get another set...There are many great throwers on here that will confirm, the darts don't need to be expensive to fly well!

Good luck with whatever you decide bud, keep us updated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks mate- buy and sell darts isnt really big here in Aus but I will give them a bit more of a go and see where it takes me. I need to do a good 2-3hr session a couple of times a week to get back into it properly but finding the time at the moment is a hard thing!
 Its all a work in progress... one throw at a time Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If you like the ones why not get the weight you like in that barrel?
Match Darts: Target Carrera C3 25g
Shafts: L-style carbon locked
Flights: L-style champagne shape C3 dimple

High in: 160 Matchplay / High out: 170 Matchplay
Have you tried different length stems & shaped /thickness flights ? the reason I say this is I bought a set of darts that I thought would suit but with the supplied set up i was disappointed con signed to the drawer poking about in there some months later I tried different stems/flights & with a combi of short stems & #6 100mic flights they were a completely different in throwing & flight they are what I thought they would be & are my now go to darts. give that a try if you haven't it's a cheap way of " Tuning "
If they fly and land nicely, but you aren't hitting target, aren't you just missing? I would think you should just practice nore.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For the love of the game Shane'O' 1 512 11-16-2015, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Getagrip