Target Darts.

Has anyone here tried the DMC Paul Lim Acute?
Hi Dartsnutz,
has one of you tried the DMC Paul Lim Acute Darts? How do you like the Darts with the 4BA tip? How is the grip of the barrel?
I'm normaly a Steeldarter but I play more and more E-Darts and will join a team in April. My normal Steeldarts are the One80 Cutlass and a lot of people here said that the Paul Lims are the only Dart which is compareable. Currently I'm throwing Target C2 Darts which are really nice cause I prefer front-weighted Darts. However, I'm looking for something more in the way of the One80's. People on the Internet also said, that the 4BA Tips (aka Acute) will also give the Dart a bit more Frontweight which feels more similar to Steeltips. Is this true?

The DMC Paul Lim Darts are extremly expensive with the 4BA Tips so I would like to get as much Informations as possible before I spent 100€+ on those Darts. I know that there is a International Version of them for a cheaper price, but only with 2BA Tips and that's not what I'm looking for.

It would be lovely if someone could post 1-2 pics while holding the darts. Would like to get a natural impression.

Thx in advance.
Lavalampe
The PL acute darts are okay but I wish they were 20g.

That's my personal view on the darts that's why I use a different kind of Paul Lim darts.
18g is perfect for me. I have no idea why but the leagues here only allow 18g (+5%) as a maximum weight...
Afraid I don't have them, but if you want to replicate an acute tip version, which simulates a steeltip front-weightedness, you could do that with the cheaper I'ntl version with a 2Ba to 4Ba adapter, and/or lead weights at the front.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I love seeing how fast Majeek answers anything related to Paul Lim darts!

(03-08-2016, 11:34 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Afraid I don't have them, but if you want to replicate an acute tip version, which simulates a steeltip front-weightedness, you could do that with the cheaper I'ntl version with a 2Ba to 4Ba adapter, and/or lead weights at the front.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

This would probably crush my weight limit. The Darts are 16.5g + an Adapter which is around 0,75g + 0,3g the tips + 1,45g shaft and flight = 19g.
I also don't know if they wouldn't get to heavy loaded cause the balance will change a lot. And last but not least, if I can have it without an adapter then I would prefer this even when it costs a bit more. I don't wanna muddle around with all that stuff on a barrel, if not needed.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Ahhh, I forgot the weight limit. Sorry.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
As soon as I saw the Paul Lim question I also knew Edgar could be found in this thread. Well spoke Majeek
Lol actually I have the acute lying around inside my dartbox. The last time I revisited it was 3 months ago when I tested it with Monster duralumin conversion points. FOR ME, it still not there. There's something strange with the balance as I feel need more weight somewhere. Maybe in front.

BTW - the rule re: 18g limit on old electronic US boards was raised to 20g (full set up)

I am enjoying the M3 Paul Lims and that's what I still use.

Explore Chris Lim's Lightning Bolt darts as the design has some influence from that of his father's.

Generally I enjoy throwing long straight soft tip barrels with aggressive type of grip.

My favorite brand is Puma Shot!

As I always keep reminding you that it's my personal preference.

And lol - thanks Jugger and Slingblade! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-09-2016, 02:16 AM)majeek Wrote: BTW - the rule re: 18g limit on old electronic US boards was raised to 20g (full set up)

I play in a German League and I just took a look at the rules. It's still only 18g +5% quality variation. I also don't like the rule but I don't want to have some smartass challange the weight of my darts.

Do you have a link for the M3 Paul Lim's? Never heard of them.

Another question: How is the grip compared to a micro-grip barrel? Is it an agressive or lighter shark grip at the rear of the barrel?
I don't have that one I have the 2ba PL's and I love them, super grippy and got them for a good price on amazon.
(03-09-2016, 08:28 AM)Lavalampe Wrote:
(03-09-2016, 02:16 AM)majeek Wrote: BTW - the rule re: 18g limit on old electronic US boards was raised to 20g (full set up)

I play in a German League and I just took a look at the rules. It's still only 18g +5% quality variation. I also don't like the rule but I don't want to have some smartass challange the weight of my darts.

Do you have a link for the M3 Paul Lim's? Never heard of them.

Another question: How is the grip compared to a micro-grip barrel? Is it an agressive or lighter shark grip at the rear of the barrel?

The DMC Paul Lim's may not qualify as "grippy" to my standards after my encounter with Scotty Burnett's Puma Shot! darts. The 20g limit applies here in NDA in the US. The logic behind this is due to the understanding that some old dartboard models are fragile that strong impact on it might distort its scoring sensors. And here's a pic of my antique set of Paul Lim's which were introduced during the M3 era. 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Here are the Japan model 4ba (M3) darts. I would not call them grippy at all. And they are for sure not front loaded. But they are a very comfortable dart to hold and throw IMO.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Lol SB - I have to wrap a tape on your darts as it almost ripped my skin. Those really defines the standard re: "grippy" to me.

Question - is there any reason why M3 was renamed as Acute? Or is there any difference?
No difference. Jochen Weibman sold the M3 patent to a German company several years ago. Empire Darts now owns the name/term M3, and patents in most dart throwing countries. Hence the 4ba and Acute.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble with Acute/M3 tips. joeriw96 21 2,627 07-30-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Scooter916
  Acute vs 2BA Tips bullseye69 12 8,713 09-11-2017, 05:29 AM
Last Post: philliesricky
  DMC Acute Tips/4BA Replacement Points Ancient Darter 0 1,523 07-15-2016, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Ancient Darter
  Wanted Paul Lim DMC Acute bmjones17 10 2,620 07-08-2016, 08:59 AM
Last Post: philliesricky
  Are there Acute (4ba) points which work well on Bristle Boards? Lavalampe 5 1,893 05-10-2016, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Horse
  Acute M3 tips? Chardotz 11 2,415 04-08-2016, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Chardotz