Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Dart weights
Hi! Always feel a bit guilty asking for advice, but hey ho, grateful anyhow.
I have been using 24g for two years but I'm wondering if a lighter dart might help me.
Any thoughts on the benefits would be helpful.
You need not feel bad for asking, that's why we're here. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Physics suggests a heavier dart is easier to throw but I believe weight is a subjective thing ie. everyone has a different weight that works for them.

A few benefits can include a slightly thinner dart overall; and assuming you use the same force to throw the dart as you do your current ones, your arm won't tire out as quickly.

It's one of those things where you just have to try it to know. I'd suggest grabbing a set of McCoy darts from Pure, they're a cheap way to experiment Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Do you feel you need to change?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-08-2016, 03:04 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Do you feel you need to change?

Why do you feel you need to change???,,,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
24 is a good weight I'd say. You could try a cheap 22 or 23 or borrow a mates darts for a throw and see if they work for you...if they feel better you could even try a 20 or 21 and see how it goes
(03-08-2016, 12:09 PM)arran01 Wrote: Hi! Always feel a bit guilty asking for advice, but hey ho, grateful anyhow.
I have been using 24g for two years but I'm wondering if a lighter dart might help me.
As always thanks for helpful comments. 
They say a bad workman blames his tools and I am loathe to do so, but I feel I often come up short of the target and wonder if weight may be a factor. 
I try not and change darts more than once a year.
(03-09-2016, 09:46 AM)arran01 Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 12:09 PM)arran01 Wrote: Hi! Always feel a bit guilty asking for advice, but hey ho, grateful anyhow.
As always thanks for helpful comments. 
They say a bad workman blames his tools and I am loathe to do so, but I feel I often come up short of the target and wonder if weight may be a factor. 
I try not and change darts more than once a year.

How's your follow through? I assume "coming up short" may mean you're hitting below your intended targets?

Absolutely nothing wrong with trying different weight me8! Borrow your team-mates' darts of similar shape and grip of different weight to try them out. Might not feel the same as it's likely your mates won't have the same exact set as you, and different designs (especially different cuts) throw differently.

I used to be like you - not wanting to buy new sets till DNF corrupted my motherboard!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have gone from 23g down to 17g to improve my technique and it has helped a lot.
Darth says :

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I went down from 26 to 22, it really did help me getting more consistency in my throws. I have throw with a more relaxed arm and it helps.
Darts: Unicorn Wez Newton Purist DNA 22g
Board: Unicorn Eclipse Pro
Highest out: 120 (T20, 20, D20)
180s: 3 (but Flight School will sort that)
3 Dart average: 49.87 (up already George Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images...)
I started at 25/26g and how throw 22/23g, rubbish at all so no change for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Member previously known as Daveheald

Haven't heard the biggest benefit yet.

-You get to buy a new set of darts!- Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

But you should seriously buy or at least borrow a lighter set of darts. Knowing is better than wondering.
(03-30-2016, 08:30 AM)Red Wrote: Haven't heard the biggest benefit yet.

-You get to buy a new set of darts!- Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

But you should seriously buy or at least borrow a lighter set of darts. Knowing is better than wondering.

You´re a real Dartsnut if you think like this ^^
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...
Highout: 125 (T20-T15-D10)

Since starting 4 months ago, I've bought 14 or 15 sets ranging from 20 to 25g, and have thrown for HOURS.  It's fun trying different darts, but can get expensive.  This place feeds an addiction.  Try as many as possible, enjoy the journey.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  dart weights shaun of the dart 14 4,144 05-10-2015, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Dorian
  Pro's weights ? jimdandy 10 2,775 11-12-2014, 04:38 PM
Last Post: The G
  Help with steel tip, soft weights JayKay 8 2,812 11-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Last Post: JayKay