Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Struggling with throw, grip!!
I practice for a good few hours a day now and I get into a rhythm and I'm hitting good scores and good doubles and then all of a sudden I subconsciously throw different or grip the dart differently.
It's driving me mad  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Then I'll start throwing well with a different grip or throw then switch back again without realising. What can I do to kerb this? Is it a physiological thing of me trying to get better or am I just not concentrating enough?
I had problems with this aswell, I am doing it less and less because I really try to train on keeping my throw/grip/release the same. Still doing it too often in my opinion so I'm interested in what other people do to prevent this.
But 40 sets of darts and throw them all till arm falls off ,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. But only if your a nut ,,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PS,,,,,,, don't do as I do or say,,,,or you will prove to the world you are truly Nutz,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-07-2016, 03:41 PM)0ldjoblo Wrote: But 40 sets of darts and throw them all till arm falls off ,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  But only if your a nut ,,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PS,,,,,,,  don't do as I do or say,,,,or you will prove to the world you are truly Nutz,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Sounds like a sound but of advice mate haha  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Some days I throw well and other days I suck more than usual. On my off days I focus on maintaining the same grip which feels good on my on days so it must be the grip I need to focus on all the time. Not many of us are pros so we do have off days but I firmly believe to maintain a grip is the best. And of course buy more darts!
Dependent on your dart barrel is there a scallop or change in the grooves or smooth spot that you can reference by feel? Another way is if your fingers grip the barrel and one is where the barrel and point meet. Use those as references for consistency. It may take awhile for you to incorporate the "feel" part into your transfer between hands, but will eventually become habit. My current darts have a scallop that I insure my thumb is on the low point every time.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

It could be that you are throwing for too long in one session. After a while the mind will start to wander. So my advice would be to take a break every so often for 5-10 minutes to refresh yourself and then get back into it or break your practice up in 30-60 minute chunks and spread them thorughout the day - depending on how your day is structured of course with other life activities and demands!
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks guys will try having more breaks and splitting it up a bit more, I think I may over practice some days.
I had issue with this years ago. I started carrying 1 dart around with me at work, 1 in car, 1 at my couch...

I wouldn't throw it. Just while I was reading a report, or walking the warehouse, or driving, or watching TV, I would load & unload the dart from my grip. It got to a point it was just automatic. Mindless even. I never had to "think" the dart into my hand again. Only had to do it for about a month. After that it became a nervous habit if I was reading a nasty email or watching a scary movie Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Still catch myself doing it if I am behind the line waiting for my turn. Just loading and unloading the dart. Thinking how I want to stab my opponent in the neck if he hits another treble haha
If I could always hit what I wanted, there'd be threads about me being the Greatest of all Times, though I only been playing 7 months.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Struggling with the 1st dart eskoo 1 199 04-30-2020, 06:32 PM
Last Post: UncleJJ
  Your natural grip/throw vs artificial! NiteEyez 3 491 02-19-2020, 11:34 AM
Last Post: NiteEyez
  Struggling with Throw and Release joelrussell19 4 480 02-05-2020, 04:47 AM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
  cant find a throw or grip that feels right, need advice Liam Twigg 7 994 04-24-2018, 01:27 PM
Last Post: dj_stat8
  What Dart Shape and weight for my throw style and grip? hawk45 7 1,170 01-03-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  Struggling in matches Namesoom 5 426 12-04-2017, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Banz
  Struggling in most areas... clem1995 21 1,542 08-19-2017, 08:32 PM
Last Post: nightcrawler
  Grip and Throw Assistance Fizban 2 592 08-17-2017, 05:33 AM
Last Post: Fizban
  Completely reworking my throw/grip/stance joeriw96 16 3,456 12-19-2016, 12:12 PM
Last Post: shadowdenim
  Struggling with my throw and need outside advice. watsontotty 10 1,704 05-16-2016, 08:59 PM
Last Post: watsontotty