Target Darts.

darts shops
I have been to a dedicated darts shop in stoke which i found were really helpful, but I was wondering if you guys know of any other darts shops local to the West Midlands Area??  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Jase
Started Playing Darts Again Jan 2016

Board - Winmau Blade 4
Darts - 21g Target Phil Taylor power 80 

Highest Check Out - 115.......02/02/2017
Maximum count : 1
Seems to be a dying thing now an actual bricks and mortar darts shop although I think in Stoke it probably does very well. I don't know any in the area you mention and I don't know any around where I live either, pretty sad in a way but I think online shops like a lot of others are killing the real shops and it is very useful to have a real shop for darts so you can try out a set and maybe get some advice.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-06-2016, 05:10 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Seems to be a dying thing now an actual bricks and mortar darts shop although I think in Stoke it probably does very well.  I don't know any in the area you mention and I don't know any around where I live either, pretty sad in a way but I think online shops like a lot of others are killing the real shops and it is very useful to have a real shop for darts so you can try out a set and maybe get some advice.

Its just nice to throw with the darts before you decided to buy them  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Board - Winmau Blade 4

Yeah that's right Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Man you guys are lucky. I've never even been in a dedicated shop like you're talking about.
Agreed, my dad told me that in London in the mid 80's early 90's there were a fair few darts shops, now - you're luck if you can see a box for sale in Mike Ashleys Hades Empire, let alone be able to try them - to be honest, you have to hunt around to find a pub in London now with dart board, and then you'vee got to be careful you don't hit a hipster drinking a craft beer and eating a scotch egg! It's a shame.
When I was a kid we had a place called 'Don's Sports' ... used to sell Darts, Fishing tackle, Tennis rackets and stuff. It's been cut in half now, one side is a hairdressers and the other side is an estate agents. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
.......................................................................................................................................
Darts: Red Dragon Recoil 25g, Red Dragon Andrew Gilding 25g. Stems: Harrows Supergrip, Flights: Harrows
There was one in Birmingham but it appears to sadly be gone now, Stoke I would fear is the only one in the Midlands.
We've got a dedicated Darts shop here in Norwich. Good selection, let you throw to see if you like them.
Thanks guys Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Board - Winmau Blade 4

(03-07-2016, 04:40 PM)Lockwood Wrote: Agreed, my dad told me that in London in the mid 80's early 90's there were a fair few darts shops, now - you're luck if you can see a box for sale in Mike Ashleys Hades Empire, let alone be able to try them - to be honest, you have to hunt around to find a pub in London now with dart board, and then you'vee got to be careful you don't hit a hipster drinking a craft beer and eating a scotch egg! It's a shame.

Yes there used to be loads of darts or sports shops in London where you could try out the arrows first - sadly the only ones I know anywhere near now are in Waltham Abbey and Enfield.  As for pubs with boards, there's a few in the City as there's a couple of leagues (banks and insurance) and several others - if you want to know any check out Justin Irwin's Capital Arrows site

https://capitalarrows.com/

(03-07-2016, 05:22 PM)Jaws Wrote: We've got a dedicated Darts shop here in Norwich. Good selection, let you throw to see if you like them.

Would that be Carmichael's or is there another?  I really need to go back up there one day - I lived there for about 6 years in the early 80's.

I just did a quick search for Norwich darts shops in google and another one that came up was Pilch Intersport in Jarrolds.  I'm assuming they moved out of the shop and into Jarrolds as a concession - one of the girls I used to work with up there was married to one of the family.
(03-08-2016, 07:35 AM)mc1958 Wrote:
(03-07-2016, 04:40 PM)Lockwood Wrote: Agreed, my dad told me that in London in the mid 80's early 90's there were a fair few darts shops, now - you're luck if you can see a box for sale in Mike Ashleys Hades Empire, let alone be able to try them - to be honest, you have to hunt around to find a pub in London now with dart board, and then you'vee got to be careful you don't hit a hipster drinking a craft beer and eating a scotch egg! It's a shame.

Yes there used to be loads of darts or sports shops in London where you could try out the arrows first - sadly the only ones I know anywhere near now are in Waltham Abbey and Enfield.  As for pubs with boards, there's a few in the City as there's a couple of leagues (banks and insurance) and several others - if you want to know any check out Justin Irwin's Capital Arrows site

https://capitalarrows.com/

(03-07-2016, 05:22 PM)Jaws Wrote: We've got a dedicated Darts shop here in Norwich. Good selection, let you throw to see if you like them.

Would that be Carmichael's or is there another?  I really need to go back up there one day - I lived there for about 6 years in the early 80's.

I just did a quick search for Norwich darts shops in google and another one that came up was Pilch Intersport in Jarrolds.  I'm assuming they moved out of the shop and into Jarrolds as a concession - one of the girls I used to work with up there was married to one of the family.

Yes MC if you were here in the 80's then Pilch was an independent shop on the Walk. Not very good where darts is concerned though.

I often pop into Carmichael's for stems & flights etc. Great guy him & Stuart. Trouble is you can go in there for a pack of big wing flights & come out with something completely different after talking for the best part of an hour.

They need a complete facelift in there though, and maybe concentrate on players darts where most of us seem to be buying.
I saw that Pilch only had a couple of bits listed as far as darts is concerned - shame really, but obviously now part of the Intersport group. I've not been to Carmichaels as I'm fairly sure it wasn't around when I lived up there (although I used to get my flights and bits off the pub cards anyway lol) but have heard about it recently - I would like to get there one day though.
(03-08-2016, 07:35 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Yes there used to be loads of darts or sports shops in London where you could try out the arrows first - sadly the only ones I know anywhere near now are in Waltham Abbey and Enfield.
What's the shop in Waltham Abbey like, is it worth driving a few junctions round the M25 to take a browse?
Haven't got a clue as I've not been to either - they are

Enfield - Darts GB - https://www.dartsgb.co.uk/
and
Waltham Abbey - Epic Sports & Trophies - https://www.epic-darts.com/

At the Epic shop you may get to see Linda Batten as she runs it, and some of the players pop in there occasionally as well - Josh Payne and Steve West are managed by Epic and go there

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NY/NJ local dart shops? CantstopDarting 1 125 04-25-2020, 12:06 AM
Last Post: bkbum
  North or Scottish Darts shops deadlydiego 1 253 02-01-2019, 09:15 PM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  Darts shops Jakey32 5 498 01-28-2019, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Mackemchris
  Taiwan dart shops? SlingBlade 2 482 06-26-2018, 02:37 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Dart shops in essex? Jamie Allen 2 2,322 12-29-2017, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Sharon Anne Sweeney