Darts Buddy

Punched flights sans punch
Here was my first attempt at self punching my flights for lock rings. I used a box knife and a metal rule to cut slots through the flight against a wooden block and trimmed out the ends with my small electronics snips, sized just snug to .220" It took about thirty seconds each, works great, holds the flight nice and snug on the shaft.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.[url=https://imageshack.com/i/plp39Bclj]Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.[/url]
nice job! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks G, it worked fine but a little tedious keeping the slick mylar flight from slipping while cutting, so I will probably get one of the punches for ease. I do like the fit on the shaft with regular Target lock rings.
Looks great  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Started Playing Darts Again Jan 2016

Board - Winmau Blade 4
Darts - 21g Target Phil Taylor power 80 

Highest Check Out - 115.......02/02/2017
Maximum count : 1
nice Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. cool looking shafts.

Very nice, I like this kind of craftsmanship. Always a great feeling having it done by oneself :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is anyone using punched flights on bog standard nylon stems? skinnygav 16 1,685 03-29-2021, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Davey Jones
  Punched flight question Toddg 13 674 01-03-2021, 11:24 AM
Last Post: justin-tutboard
  How many punch their flights? MadMike4 75 10,808 01-23-2020, 12:42 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  L-Style Shell Lock Punch MariusOveras 8 926 02-21-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  L-Style Champagne 'Punch'. DIY Video on Pg #2 Ancient Darter 15 3,638 07-21-2018, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Punched Flights Fizban 20 2,815 02-11-2018, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Blanton
  who uses shell lock punch system hikfromstik 26 8,634 07-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Mel Timtiman