Shot Darts

Off-center bull .... fixable??
Can get a new Blade 4 for CHEAP!  Was a return item probably due to an off-center bull.  Is this something I could fix?
Is it the paint thats off, or the actual metal bull ring?

The bull ring will have likely 2 long prongs on either side of the circle holding it in place. You can gently pry out the bull using a thin flat head screwdriver then grip with pliers and gently pull it out. Keep in mind, there are now 2 big deep holes there. But if its only slightly off center, you can use the same holes to put the bull back in, just tap lightly with a rubber mallet and make small adjustments to center it. I would also recommend using some contractors wood glue on the prongs.

Good luck!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-04-2016, 07:43 PM)MadMike4 Wrote: Can get a new Blade 4 for CHEAP!  Was a return item probably due to an off-center bull.  Is this something I could fix?

?

have you got clear pictures ?
may all the doubles be with you

They move easy enough. Tap it back into place
Good advice. I had no idea it was that easy. With that said is it then possible to remove one and turn it around to get more use from the ring after it's been ruined?
(03-04-2016, 09:26 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Good advice. I had no idea it was that easy. With that said is it then possible to remove one and turn it around to get more use from the ring after it's been ruined?

Nope. The bull ring will look something like this

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great intel on this bull zone. Thanks for shedding some light on these SB...........You folks down in Cal rock BTW
(03-04-2016, 07:56 PM)Scotty Burnett Wrote: Is it the paint thats off, or the actual metal bull ring?

The bull ring will have likely 2 long prongs on either side of the circle holding it in place. You can gently pry out the bull using a thin flat head screwdriver then grip with pliers and gently pull it out. Keep in mind, there are now 2 big deep holes there. But if its only slightly off center, you can use the same holes to put the bull back in, just tap lightly with a rubber mallet and make small adjustments to center it. I would also recommend using some contractors wood glue on the prongs.

Good luck!

I wouldn't recommend putting glue on the prongs.    Do that and then the prongs have to pass through the sisal and will likely be wiped off by the sisal on the face of the board and that will make a bigger mess.
Shot (Puma) recommends using wood glue reinstalling a bull ring. Before it dries it can be easily wiped up with a lightly damp cloth and will not harm the board.