Unicorn

Big Problem
I dont know what it is but i have developed a bad habit of throwing darts of the board. I never used to do it and i dont know why it happens, it only happens when i throw for the twenties and they end up above the double twenty. Does anyone know how to sort this problem as i just literately throwing away points  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: 25 g MVG Gold Series 
          24 g Adrian Lewis gen 3
          22 g Monster Wizard 
          25 g phase 5 black 
          24 g Red Dragon Shockwave 
Try to level your elbow...nothing is moving except your throwing arm... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GJqP6xvDrNw
Click this link...hope this help.. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
Hi Scott, I am working through the same promblem. I got phyiso on my sholder muscels, Stretching the muscles is almost forgoten in our Sport. Just rock up and throw and Keep throwing and throwing till the muscels are worm then we see an improvement. I had a large muscle knot were the 3 muscles join on the sholder upper back, after some strong masarge Treatment the muscles are more relaxed and the knot is slowly moving. One of many exercises you can try is to put your throwing arm behind your back and do a small masarge ,on the upper back sholder area. Another easy stretch even while playing is to put your throwing arm behind you back and the other Hand over the head and slowly pullind the head away from the dart arm. I was throwing 26g Darts when my promblem started, I throw 23g this week and the Darts are comming down.
Hope it works out, streatching, not just the sholder, wrist and arm and back.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers im going to a competition tonight so ill try that out thanks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
          24 g Adrian Lewis gen 3
          22 g Monster Wizard 
          25 g phase 5 black 
Muscle memory is key.
Match Darts: Target Carrera C3 25g
Shafts: L-style carbon locked
Flights: L-style champagne shape C3 dimple

High in: 160 Matchplay / High out: 170 Matchplay
(03-04-2016, 07:47 AM)Aussie Kev Wrote: Hi Scott, I am working through the same promblem. I got phyiso on my sholder muscels, Stretching the muscles is almost forgoten in our Sport. Just rock up and throw and Keep throwing and throwing till the muscels are worm then we see an improvement. I had a large muscle knot were the 3 muscles join on the sholder upper back, after some strong masarge Treatment the muscles are more relaxed and the knot is slowly moving. One of many exercises you can try is to put your throwing arm behind your back and do a small masarge ,on the upper back sholder area. Another easy stretch even while playing is to put your throwing arm behind you back and the other Hand over the head and slowly pullind the head away from the dart arm. I was throwing 26g Darts when my promblem started, I throw 23g this week and the Darts are comming down.
Hope it works out, streatching, not just the sholder, wrist and arm and back.

Well said Kev'

I think he's snatching as he throws because I believe he's putting more force behind his throw as he's either not warmed up enough and had a good stretch beforehand.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Would you say practice has something to do with it
          24 g Adrian Lewis gen 3
          22 g Monster Wizard 
          25 g phase 5 black 
(03-04-2016, 02:09 AM)Scott Anderson 97 Wrote: I dont know what it is but i have developed a bad habit of throwing darts of the board. I never used to do it and i dont know why it happens, it only happens when i throw for the twenties and they end up above the double twenty. Does anyone know how to sort this problem as i just literately throwing away points  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Is there a specific time it happens? For example: during practice, at the start of a session, during competitive play, etc?

I sometimes do it during league play which I can only put down to the adrenaline causing a flyer...

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Usually when im playing bad probably loss of concentration
          24 g Adrian Lewis gen 3
          22 g Monster Wizard 
          25 g phase 5 black 
It's all in your throw, I've told you pal