Harrows Darts.

Should I switch stem size
So in practice im not doing aswell as normal.
This morning I decide to put the only set of short stems instead of my normal medium set up as im a rear gripper and wanted to experiment with trying to force my grip forward by having a smaller dart to hold.

First three darts........ t20...s20 just above wire...t20.... whooo 140 ok these might work.....
Second three........ s20.....t20...........third dart smashes into second thankfully it stays in but third falls to floor smashing stem to peices, upon inspection stem 2 is gone aswell.

Now im in a headspin .... they were my ONLY set of short stems and that to me was damn good grouping but was it luck? 

Obviously im going to have to buy some more and find out.

BUT THATS A WEEK AT THE MOMENT!

Should i put my old setup back on and persevere until i can get some more short stems?

What if i get some AND it WAS FLUKE.......and my grip goes to pot.

What if in the time it takes from ordering my game comes back then im stuck with shorts i dont need lol

What if ....what if.....what if.....

DAMN YOU DARTS YOU'RE A TESTING TEASING MISTRESS... But I love you  (I promise I'll tell my wife soon 
?)

Advice gladly accepted

Cheers
Tez

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
i say order some short shafts anyways just in case Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
If you feel comfortable with them buy some more and go ahead. Sometimes it´s just a thing in your mind.
I often change the shafts for a few throws when im throwing bad and then change back to get the feeling back.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...
Highout: 125 (T20-T15-D10)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers Guys,
Suppose the worst that can happen is im just as bad with both lol

cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
I have all stem lengths in my spares kit box. Order 2-3 sets of each for future tuning and changes. Never hurts and they're cheap. Make sure you buy the same brand of stem as well because some manufacturers stem lengths are different than others.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

For the price that they are order a few and give them a go. If they don't work out then you won't have lost out on much! Order some tweenie size too to complete the experiment lol
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Go and buy short stem Tez..experiment..if you are comfortable with it...stick..if not then go back to medium stem.. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
I bought one set of each length of the cheapest bust decent, durable nylon shafts. When I'm happy with the length I treat myself to some of my favourite Progrip stems.
Leave the 1 stem short, and throw your old setup on the other two.

See what happens.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
You concentrated more with the new shafts.
Match Darts: Target Carrera C3 25g
Shafts: L-style carbon locked
Flights: L-style champagne shape C3 dimple

High in: 160 Matchplay / High out: 170 Matchplay
I see from your profile you live in Leeds is there not a shop in the city or a local town near you could buy from or does any local pub have the packs of stems/ flights on cards behind the bar
(03-03-2016, 07:01 PM)Milkysunshine Wrote: Leave the 1 stem short, and throw your old setup on the other two.

See what happens.

Oh the heck with it, go for broke and throw 3 darts with 3 different weights, 3 different stem-lengths, and 3 different flights, then give us a detailed report.
After said report, crack open a cold beer, then another, and then read your report out-loud to yourself.

YUP ... that'll do it right as rain !
Bulls 22g Blackpool B's, medium spinner stems with raw75 flights
2017: Ton80's .. .. .. 1
2017: 3 bulls .. .. .. 1

(03-03-2016, 07:01 PM)Milkysunshine Wrote: Leave the 1 stem short, and throw your old setup on the other two.

See what happens.

Personally I use this method for one session followed by 1 old setup with 2 short stems for the next session then equal time with both setups on the 3rd session

To me there is a clear winner to preference after this.It may only be in the mind but at least i am at peace with the decision 

Hope I explained that well enough.
get some tez a few throws with something different won't change your throw
i've got all sorts of different leftovers from different shafts
how often do we get this short fix then go back to the original set upGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
DARTS-Unicorn Taylor Phase 5 / Target Gen1 26g (why change for something else that probably doesn't work lol)
SHAFTS-Target power gen 1 intermediate
FLIGHTS-Crafty Cockney
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet,"Ockeys" Oche,Target Corona surround light
HOWAY THE LADS Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

It could be your honeymoon period or it could be an improvement brought about by the change I'd suggest you use the short stems for 2 weeks at least but cheapo plastic stems cost so little it won't require a mortgage to get a few sets of all lengths to experiment with

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dart switch Blue_note 4 589 11-18-2020, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Blue_note
  Flight size MauriceDarter 5 310 10-09-2020, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Andreas
  Short Stem vs. Long Stem Karldawg 44 12,499 07-10-2019, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Doctor Bones
  Playing 501, when do you switch? Balin 25 8,957 06-01-2016, 10:30 PM
Last Post: mcockrell
  Switch darts, or stick with the "old faithfuls"? JohnK 35 12,422 10-12-2013, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Dorian