Shot Darts

Best point changing tool?
I've had my points changed plenty times before through mates that have their own tools but I've never actually owned my own.
Now looking at them new voks tornado points I'm really looking forward to the smooth ones and I think it's about time I invested in a point changing tool of my own instead of chuckin my darts to my mates to do for me lol.
What's the best/easiest tool out there for changing points? I'm quite a clumsy, heavy handed fool so I need something nice and simple to avoid me breaking things haha.
Cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great question . I look forward to hearing what people say .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
(03-03-2016, 01:27 AM)The G Wrote: Great question . I look forward to hearing what people say .

Me too, I've been meaning to get one for ages but I don't even know what's good and what's bad.
I know variety is the spice of life and all that but it ain't half confusing aswell lol
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Designa is the only one I've used. It works. I have some complaints about the cost, design, and softness of metal used... But it has lasted for over 60 repoints.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
(03-03-2016, 01:51 AM)Milkysunshine Wrote: Designa is the only one I've used. It works. I have some complaints about the cost, design, and softness of metal used... But it has lasted for over 60 repoints.

Seems to be fairly durable then, is it easy to use?
Im probably gonna bite the bullet and buy one in the next few days, either that or wait until the smooth tornado points are released, either way I'm gonna need one sooner or later lol
I bought this one, mainly because it was cheap.

https://www.a180.co.uk/product.php/1404/...rd-edition

Used it several times, simple to use, quick, and easy. Only complaints is making sure not to lose allen keys and would have been nice if they had cleaned the light file of machining fluids (oil?) before shipping. Maybe so it would not rust , dunno. I'm glad I have it for when I need it. I'd buy another.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

(03-03-2016, 02:44 AM)AD18 Wrote: I bought this one, mainly because it was cheap.

https://www.a180.co.uk/product.php/1404/...rd-edition

Used it several times, simple to use, quick, and easy. Only complaints is making sure not to lose allen keys and would have been nice if they had cleaned the light file of machining fluids (oil?) before shipping. Maybe so it would not rust , dunno. I'm glad I have it for when I need it. I'd buy another.

They're the kind of ones I've been looking at. Look simple enough that even I couldn't mess it up...well fingers crossed anyways haha
I have the Designa tool, the Unitool and the Bull's repointer. The Designa tool is the only one that does everything, namely it can remove storm points whereas the other tools I have can't. It would have done over 200 sets now and still works fine.

The Unitool is great at quickly removing points, but a pop rivet gun does this too.

The Bull's repointer is great at driving storm points home quickly... and in combination with the Unitool you can change the points on a set of darts in a minute.

The downside of the Bull's repointer is the mechanism to remove points. It can slightly reshape the nose of the dart as you wind the point out so that there is a large gap with storm points fitted, and it grinds off the coating of the nose in the process. I ruined a set of Peter Wright Bronzers the first time I used it.

Edit: With the Designa tool, it's also easy to ensure that your points are installed at the same length.
I got the Bulls repointer, cost alot, but should last 2 life times. It is good Quality and the threads are finer so you can get just a Little bit more push behind the Darts.
It also has spare bits you can Change for different Points. ( normal and grip ) not supplied with.
I had a pronblem removing the storm deep cut groves, broke 2. Then I beleave it could have been my bad, as there it a small Piece of steel inside the Point holder, that has to be in the wright Position.
I am happy with it.
I'm led to believe the Designa, A180 & the other "brands" on the market at around the 36 'ish £s mark are all the same manufacture I' not sure but think the Designa is the only one that offers a repair kit for the point gripping end but I would guess it would fit them all. I find with mine a smear of oil on the large removal thread & a tiny amount of grease on each face of the nut on the end of the large bolt aids smooth use
I've got the Designa one as well - had it for 3-4 years now and it's still working fine. Don't know how many times I've used it but I would guess well into 3 figures with no problems. Works fine with normal points and storms
Cheers for the replies everyone, gonna try the designa one I reckon see how it works out Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Just got one of the Designa tools in last week.  Have used it a dozen or so times and it works just fine.

Keep in mind what AD18 said about the oil coating.  No worries though... with the black hands and machine oil smell you'll have to fight the chicks off with a stick.   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-03-2016, 02:42 PM)chauncygreen Wrote: Just got one of the Designa tools in last week.  Have used it a dozen or so times and it works just fine.

Keep in mind what AD18 said about the oil coating.  No worries though... with the black hands and machine oil smell you'll have to fight the chicks off with a stick.   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Man... It is hard enough to fight off all the dart groupies already......
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
(03-03-2016, 02:42 PM)chauncygreen Wrote: Just got one of the Designa tools in last week.  Have used it a dozen or so times and it works just fine.

LOL what sort of chicks?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Designa Repointing Tool Help efallon 2 263 05-25-2020, 03:01 PM
Last Post: gumbo2176
  Troll Tool Troll 32 5,897 03-14-2017, 02:59 AM
Last Post: Jhat