Harrows Darts.

Improving accuracy
Hi! I am practicing regularly but need to improve my consistency in terms of accuracy.
I use practice rings occasionally but I need to get those three darts more often in the 20 bed (ideally treble 20 bed) and not the usual 26 total.

Any well tested suggestions most welcome.
The short answer is that there's no short answer...

Firstly, practice. But the right sort of practice... I believe that Flight School is an excellent framework for practice. It gives the tools you can use to improve consistency and grouping (among other things).

I also always suggest filming your throw from side on. It probably looks different to how it feels.

Finally you need to work out why you hit 26 instead of 60... Does is your throw different when you hit S1 as oppose to S20? Are you concentrating differently? Does it happen in certain game situations?

If there was a quick and easy way to hit 60's not 26's then we'll all be doing it!

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Tons of practice and Focus...go Flight School..you will be surprise with the result after..
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
Its a bit of a catch 22 situation in some respects, your accuracy will improve as your technique and consistency improves. So keep working on repeating that same throw each time and try to group your darts closer and closer. Eventually you will see things happen, your grouping will improve your throw will become more automatic and consistent and the accuracy will improve along with it. Once your throw is getting more consistent you will start to see how your aiming is working for you, you may need to make slight adjusts in your stance or where you aim when you set your dart but now you should have the ability to repeat the same throw and get 3 darts pretty much spot on. Takes time and applied effort in your practice but it will happen.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If you are confident your stance and throw are sound I would also look at tuning darts. Try some different stem lengths and see what happens. Then try a few different flights. Sometimes that tweak will have the dart flying more stable and straight and could help resolve issue. If not, then keep working on throw.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

Thanks to all for their guidance and taking the time to respond.
Cheers.
Practice, practice, and when you have had enough practice again. There is no shortcut you have to put the work in.
Match Darts: Target Carrera C3 25g
Shafts: L-style carbon locked
Flights: L-style champagne shape C3 dimple

High in: 160 Matchplay / High out: 170 Matchplay
Play and practice, then practice playing. Then, when you are sick of that, just play.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accuracy Wayne 5 221 02-25-2021, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Pidge
  How is best for me to improve accuracy? tropicalpalmtree 8 356 01-30-2021, 03:26 AM
Last Post: tropicalpalmtree
  Great Articles on Improving your darts Levonster 3 522 07-25-2020, 03:55 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  dart size/weight and accuracy Zeppi 1 474 02-19-2018, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Ancient Darter
  Stroke ok, but no accuracy? LionCityDarter 25 5,244 08-05-2015, 07:06 PM
Last Post: brenthahn