Harrows Darts.

Steve Brown puts Lakeside plan on hold
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
STEVE Brown has put his plans to qualify for the BDO's version of the World Championship on hold following the news that the BBC will not be showing the event.

It was widely reported last month that there would be no live televised coverage of next year's Lakeside tournament on free-to-air television, after the BBC ended its 38-year association with the championship.

As a result, Brown – who had initially planned to have a quieter year on the professional circuit – said the appeal of qualifying for the Lakeside had diminished.

"I intended to do the Isle of Man Classic, a BDO event, in a couple of weeks, but that was before they cancelled a few events," said Brown.

"The Isle of Man is going ahead, and I may still go to that, but it's on the same weekend as the first PDC Pro Tour event of the year, and I'm on the shortlist to play in that.

"So I'm going to wait, and if I get called up to the PDC event, I'll have to play that.

"My intentions were to do the BDO for this year, but they've had so many events cancelled that it's not really looking worthwhile.

"While Brown maintains playing darts professionally is not his priority for 2016, he now aims to play as many events as possible after rediscovering his hunger for the circuit.

"I was supposed to be cutting down this year, but because of where I finished in the Q School order of merit, I can pretty much play darts every weekend," said Brown.

But the BDO circuit is less of a priority for the 35-year-old now the BBC appear to have withdrawn their coverage of the organisation's flagship event.

"The appeal of going there is diminished," said Brown. "The idea was to have a laid-back year, pick and choose my events, and then hopefully qualify for the Lakeside.

"But I've got a bit of hunger back now – a lot of that has come from my family, as they have shown me a lot of support and belief – and I will do as many PDC events as I can, with no sponsors and no management!

"Brown had initially planned to quit professional darts altogether this year, so cut ties with his sponsors and management, but is enjoying being back on the board.

"I beat Kyle Anderson a couple of weeks ago, and I regard him as one of the best players in the world," he said. "I beat Ross Smith and then lost to Wes Newton – and, if I'd won, it would have put me in the UK Open.

"So the hunger is back, but darts isn't my priority anymore. Family is my priority, and I've got to work to fund my darts again, but that's how I started out and I'm not afraid of putting in the work.

"It feels new again, I've got a bit of belief back, and, in many ways, there's no pressure on me now."
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-02-2016, 02:33 PM)hamo Wrote: "But I've got a bit of hunger back now – a lot of that has come from my family, as they have shown me a lot of support and belief – and I will do as many PDC events as I can, with no sponsors and no management!

In other words his missus told him to get out of the house as she didn't want him under her feet all the time lol
(03-02-2016, 02:37 PM)mc1958 Wrote:
(03-02-2016, 02:33 PM)hamo Wrote: "But I've got a bit of hunger back now – a lot of that has come from my family, as they have shown me a lot of support and belief – and I will do as many PDC events as I can, with no sponsors and no management!

In other words his missus told him to get out of the house as she didn't want him under her feet all the time lol

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-02-2016, 02:37 PM)mc1958 Wrote:

Sometimes wish mine would do the same so I could get to more weekend tournaments lol
Another pro showing a lack of belief in the BDO which doesn't bode well
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Shame the BDO is so badly managed they have a great product.
Darts:Unicorn Target Tony o Shea gen2 24g , extra short stems and bristow dimples flight board: Bulls advantage 5.01.
Best 301: 7 darts (twice)
Best 501: 12 darts
Best Checkout: 170 (practice) 170(Match)
League 2015: 
Best leg: 14 Darts
Best checkout: 120.
(03-02-2016, 10:08 PM)Ben Davison Wrote: Shame the BDO is so badly managed they have a great product.

They need better announcers as opposed to the guys that sound like dottering old fools.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any ideas how I can get hold of Wayne Warren? NiteEyez 7 496 03-09-2020, 10:12 PM
Last Post: The Jester
  Lakeside 2018 ... who's your tip. Cooper84 26 3,140 01-11-2018, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Mike HermThe
  Lakeside 2018 mc1958 32 6,449 10-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mack
  Lakeside so poor djtrump 94 21,847 01-14-2017, 12:56 AM
Last Post: SixGun
  Lakeside 2017 TV coverage mc1958 11 7,441 12-31-2016, 08:48 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Lakeside 2017 draw mc1958 9 2,727 12-15-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Zeyes