Unicorn

Alternatives to Unicorn Big Wing
I have found that I need a larger flight to give the dart stability. Standard Poly's from DR and Unicorn Big Wing are a good size but I am wondering what other options are out there.
I have also tried the Robson but they quickly started losing chunks out of the back edge.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

Thanks jc14. Target pro 100 are not full size. I got some of those yesterday. Not tried Ruthless, Dartsnutz or Rhino. Can anyone confirm they are the same size as big wing?
Unicorn Big Wing is actually the same size as other brands "standard" flights.  If you want more surface area then the Unicorn Big Wing XL or Harrows MaxAir. I've used them both. Big Wing XL larger than Big Wing and adds a fair bit more stability. Flexible to reduce deflections, but is is a fair bit wider. MaxAir is same width as a standard, but a few mm longer. I preferred these to the Big Wing XL. MaxAir's are tough too.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I like these vision flights from Target a lot, they hold their shape great and are pretty durable.
Try Harrows Maxair/Airmax. They are 6mm longer than normal standard flights if thats what youre looking for.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...
Highout: 125 (T20-T15-D10)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks all, I have ordered some max air to try
may all the doubles be with you

I didnt mention such a difference, just a Little bit slower through the air.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...

Thought I would report back on the Max Air.
Sadly, they do no fit the bill. Although the length gives them a large surface area, the width is less than the DC standard Poly, Big Wing or Amazon Poly. The result was darts landing at a right to left angle.
Shouldn't have bought 10 packs! My collection of new, unused flights is growing fast :-(
The new mission is to find a wider flight. Any ideas?

Maybe try some V-Wings Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks for the tip. I've never tried them so I should give them a go really. I don't much like the look of them but I could live with that if they work!
If the Max Air isn't dong the job and your darts are landing "sideways" it may not be the flight. Other things to look at would be longer/shorter stems and moving your stance left/right on the oche to deliver the darts squarer to the target. If when you throw the dart you can visually see it moving about then further tweaks are required. If you darts are flying fairly true with any of the flights it may be your throw. Food for thoughtGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Someone mentioned that the had problems with darts landing sideways and blocking the bed. He tried pear flights and his darts gone in dead straight.

(03-11-2016, 02:30 AM)AD18 Wrote: If the Max Air isn't dong the job and your darts are landing "sideways" it may not be the flight.  Other things to look at would be longer/shorter stems and moving your stance left/right on the oche to deliver the darts squarer to the target.  If when you throw the dart you can visually see it moving about then further tweaks are required.  If you darts are flying fairly true with any of the flights it may be your throw.  Food for thoughtGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks for the feedback.
I've tried various stem lengths, sizes and materials. Shorter stems help a little but I don't like the way they fly so flat. I get no feel for how I have thrown the dart which makes adjustments difficult.
I also don't want to start moving across the oche if I can help it. For me, throwing at an angle to the board is always going to accentuate any mistakes.
The dart is fairly smooth in flight. I'm not sure exactly what causes the angle but I don't want to make any more fundamental changes to my throw. I gave it an overhaul last year and it was a difficult experience but I'm happy with the way I throw a dart now.
For now, a wider flight is what works well in correcting the angle and I have a few options with the big wing, amazon and DC poly. I was just hoping for a few more options away from these 3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wing surface area pear flight samsimilian 5 564 07-31-2020, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Spangle
  Big wing flights. asquick 6 3,196 03-09-2018, 06:34 PM
Last Post: adavidson