Darts Buddy

Did you meet some great darts players?
Hi everybody, any stories about a meeting with darts legends? 

My best experience was an interview with Eric Bristow during his visit in Prague last April (I wrote a article about darts for the newspaper). I was surprised, how friendly and open he was. I had also the honour to throw some darts against him, so I'm little bit afraid, that I didn't show a professional journalistic distance  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice! Have you still got he article, you should post it, English version of course Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Meet him, Keith Deller, Bobby George, Wayne Mardle, Tony O'Shea, Darryl Fitton, Phil Taylor, and a few others but only for a brief hello and some a little bit more of a chat Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-01-2016, 05:15 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice! Have you still got he article, you should post it, English version of course Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Meet him, Keith Deller, Bobby George, Wayne Mardle, Tony O'Shea, Darryl Fitton, Phil Taylor, and a few others but only for a brief hello and some a little bit more of a chat Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Sorry, I have only czech version of the interview  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  But I think that there are no new or shocking informations for a experienced darts player/fan from UK  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Met/played Adrian Lewis at the Las Vegas Dessert Classic when he earned his nickname.  It was four separate tournaments and I drew him in the first match twice, ughh.
Bing Translate can cope with Czech.

I met Whitlock a while back. He was very friendly and down to earth.

Way back when I played Rod Harrington in a tournament in the City who was very friendly. There is a photo somewhere, him in a shirt and tie and me in a Ramones tee shirt.
Not a player but I met Tony Green at C4 briefly.
Bristow interview in czech  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

https://www.denik.cz/ostatni_sport/sipky...50423.html
Nice article and interview Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The only pro I have met is Peter Manley, played him 1 leg of 501. A funny man!
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Met a few Bristow, George, Deller,Gregory, O'shea,jenkins, and Nicholson.
(03-01-2016, 06:39 PM)Lurker1 Wrote: Met/played Adrian Lewis at the Las Vegas Dessert Classic when he earned his nickname.  It was four separate tournaments and I drew him in the first match twice, ughh.

I was there also. I was playing 2 boards down when his cronies came up with the nickname the next morning. Was hilarious. Never thought the name would stick to be honest. As at the time it was more of a friendly insult. 

I drew Kevin Painter back to back years there in the 1st round. Had him 2 sets to nil down and choked it away 2-3. It's cool. The following year I made the stage and promptly got my behind handed to me by John Part I think 7-2. I have watched it a few times since. It really could have been like 3-1 me at the break. Choked again. I did that a lot. Man now i'm depressed  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. :dodgy:
I have met most the players. Part my fav, I could be a little biased there now as he is a friend Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

But Peter Wright is nice, Paul Nicholson super nice off stage. It's all an act. Wayne Mardle is a riot. The year I made the stage, my girlfriend and I saw him a few nights before and had a chat. I was a little hammered and asked what advice he could give me when I played Part in a couple days. He jokingly said "Drink less!" hahaha

Richie Burnett was super nice. As is Whitlock.

Paul Lim one of the nicest guys you will meet. Along with Terry Jenkins.
Met quite a few. Anastasia Jenkins baxter Nicholson lewis Stomps.
Met a good few players but Leighton Rees stands out for me, always been my fav player ,  couldn't of met  a nicer guy, gentleman, always had time for everyone, legend
I did some security work at Lakeside in the 90s (think it was 96) wasn't really following darts much back then, but I do remember having a good chat with Andy Fordham and remembering what a good bloke he was.

Cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Good post.

I've met

Bristow, Lowe, Deller, Fordham, Taylor, Barney, Adams, Priestley, Bob Anderson, Bobby George, Van Der Voort etc

All were great. If I had to choose I'd say best I'd met were Bobby and Bob Anderson. Both total gentleman. Bought the pair and their wives a drink and you'd think I'd given then the moon. Both are pure class. bobby chat to me and my son for half an hour. Terrific bloke
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

(01-29-2017, 12:20 AM)carlmuscleman67 Wrote: Met a good few players but Leighton Rees stands out for me, always been my fav player ,  couldn't of met  a nicer guy, gentleman, always had time for everyone, legend

Met quite a few in my time, but agree with the above - unfortunately I never had the privilege of playing the great man, but Leighton Rees was one of the nicest blokes I've ever met - easily my favourite player of all time

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what a great player I used to be notjimpike 8 471 12-09-2020, 09:10 PM
Last Post: gumbo2176
  Nicest darts players you’ve met and why? Barrels 17 1,062 05-07-2020, 03:39 AM
Last Post: Cosmo Darts Europe
  Great segment on Dave Clark sjmattitude1982 3 367 12-01-2019, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Papa w
  Great advert for storm points! skinnygav 8 843 10-09-2019, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Rabe1
  Found a great darts pub in Budapest Texas 12 1,285 05-15-2018, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Texas
Rainbow Meet us at CUESOUL Belfry & Bruges Darts in Belgium CUESOULSPORTS 0 441 05-09-2018, 07:21 AM
Last Post: CUESOULSPORTS
  Most disliked darts players The Jester 109 35,637 04-19-2018, 03:36 PM
Last Post: TheRedBit
  Players who use tiny darts MB_AV 13 1,950 03-28-2018, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Dodgee
  about pro players darts points... "THE WILD DART" 4 878 03-27-2018, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vanJupp
  Most Underrated Darts Players ? Rolaball 41 4,532 02-23-2018, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Rolaball