Harrows Darts.

D.craft Saturn 15.5 inch soft tip board
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hello dartsnutz. This is my first review of anything ever so don't expect too much, I would be happy to answer any questions of things I didn't cover in this review.
I have not seen a proper review of this board anywhere so I thought I'd write one because it's a pretty neat board. I ordered mine from W-darts (https://w-darts.com/professional-board-s...-inch.html), the board itself only costs about £23 but with shipping and taxes (to the Netherlands) the total price almost tripled so be weary of the additional costs.

The box: It comes in a clean looking cardboard box with official soft tip dimensions and some info about the board, unfortunately this is in Japanese so I have no idea what it actually says. At first glance insinde the box it looked like everything was made of decent quality. It is pretty packed with accessories and to me that shows that the company cares about their customers.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The accessories:
-6 Barrels of about 10.5g (darts fully assembled 12g)
-6 Flights
-6 plastic stems
- about 30 soft tips
- tape measure
- throwing line
- extra bracket and screws
Now usually people won't stick with the darts provided with the board but I have to say these aren't that bad for a beginner. They are very light and not that grippy but they have a decent shape and fly very nice. The tips are also of good quality and I didn't break one yet, they do bend though but so do my bulls axx points. My little brother plays with the provided darts and they work very well for him. The rest of the accessories are a nice addition but not mandatory to play. Honestly I also have no idea how you could ever break the bracket that's already on the board.

switched the standard stems with supergrips on one set
It's not a sticker but some tape works aswell

Installing the board:
The bracket that comes with the board is very easy to install and the screws are good enough to attach it properly. I really like this type of bracket, it is very easy to take the board off/on quickly withouth much hassle.

The materials used:
The moment I looked at it and touched the board it felt like very good quality, the segments are of a very thick plastic and they seem to be able to take quite a hit. The spider and the rest of the board is of a little more soft plastic, I think they could have gone with a little higher quality plastic here but I don't see it breaking anytime soon so I guess it's fine.
The numbers are very clear and easily readable although if you hit them with a dart they dent pretty easily. The spider can get dent aswell but this is only if you directly hit it and it doesn't happen too often.
Not sure if the numbers can take alot of hits without breaking as the dents seem to be alot deeper as the spider.
Don't think the spider will ever completely break as the dents are only on the surface.

The segments:
As said before they are of a very thick plastic, they don't show any major damage only a tiny bit of wear at the singe bull (see pic above). The singe bull looks like it has sharper and thinner sections between the holes than the other segments o that might explain it.
The maximum weight you can use is 20g accoring to D.craft's website and I believe they also sell spare segments (I guess you have to contact them directly for this). The darts I use (18g Kois) stick very nicely, I use them with Bulls axx points and the bounce outs aren't as common as I expected from a soft tip board.
I didn't own any other soft tip board so I can't compare the noise this board makes to others. They do come with 4 rubber dampeners you can attach to the board but this mainly helps with stability and not really with the noise. I will post a video later today of some throws at the board.
Darts stick very good, don't mind my horrible aim.
The rubber thingies.

Summary:
I highly recommend this board as a soft tip training board or just a cheap soft tip board if you don't mind counting yourself. I don't think there are many other non-electrical boards of this quality and price. The quality of the plastic (except the segments) could have been a little better but I'm sure you would pay double the price or even more if they did that. All the accessories are nice to have but not needed per se.

If you have any questions regarding this board please let me know, I'm happy to answer everything I can!
Here is the video as promised! It isn't extremely loud but still can be heard in adjacent rooms with quite thick concrete walls in between.
Nice review mate and good video of the sound test, very well done! +1

Looks pretty decent and does not sound too loud. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(03-01-2016, 05:23 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice review mate and good video of the sound test, very well done! +1

Looks pretty decent and does not sound too loud. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Grip! Nowhere near your level of reviewing though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-01-2016, 05:33 PM)joeriw96 Wrote:
(03-01-2016, 05:23 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice review mate and good video of the sound test, very well done! +1

Thanks Grip! Nowhere near your level of reviewing though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Its fine! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review Joeri, nice clear pictures as well! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1
(03-01-2016, 11:00 PM)Kev Wrote: Nice review Joeri, nice clear pictures as well! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1

Thanks! Used my galaxy s6 for the pics+vid, love the camera on that phone.
Top notch review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. seems like a good board for the money
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(03-02-2016, 11:27 AM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Top notch review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. seems like a good board for the money

Thank you! It sure is good quality/price ratio not considering those damned taxes.
That's a decent non electronic board. This might be something I'm looking. I'm having trouble filming segments of my reviews at the pub because of music playing in the background. Youtube doesn't like you having music in the videos Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. So this might work for me at home. Thanks +1
(03-02-2016, 03:56 PM)Cyanide Wrote: That's a decent non electronic board. This might be something I'm looking. I'm having trouble filming segments of my reviews at the pub because of music playing in the background. Youtube doesn't like you having music in the videos Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. So this might work for me at home. Thanks +1

Glad to be of help and thank you aswell. Just keep in mind D.craft recommends a max weight of 20g if you are reviewing darts on them.
Good review!

Now I'm not a soft tip player so this is probably a stupid question... I see the board has the sort of bracket a bristle board has, the one that makes it easy to rotate it.  

Do soft tip boards need to be rotated?

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
(03-06-2016, 11:21 PM)Banz Wrote: Good review!

Now I'm not a soft tip player so this is probably a stupid question... I see the board has the sort of bracket a bristle board has, the one that makes it easy to rotate it.  

Thank you!

I don't think you should ever rotate a soft tip board. There is almost zero wear on soft tip boards, plus all the numbers are fixed so they would be in wrong order and upside down if you should rotate. The inside of these boards are made of seperate segments like this:
So if a segment should break you can replace it. The more expensive boards all have spare segments for sale.
(03-06-2016, 11:21 PM)Banz Wrote: Good review!

That Bracket is one that some Shot/Puma steel tip boards have,,,,,,,,You can buy it from many online dart shops as well,,,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Which is kind of neat as I could use the same dart cabinet for both soft and steel buy mounting the board of choice to the bracket,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-07-2016, 08:22 AM)0ldjoblo Wrote: That Bracket is one that some Shot/Puma steel tip boards have,,,,,,,,You can buy it from many online dart shops as well,,,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Which is kind of neat as I could use the same dart cabinet for both soft and steel buy mounting the board of choice to the bracket,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I tried to attach the spare bracket to an ancient winmau board. It didn't work very well as that board weighs a ton. The screws didn't hold in the very soft wood. If you have a newer board with a more dense back it might work. 

Those Shot/Puma boards use a plastic back right? That would be perfect as they are probably much lighter aswell (not sure how much that bracket can hold).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts Board Review - D.CRAft NEW SATURN DARTS BOARD (Soft) jayouloun 13 8,203 07-29-2016, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Cosmo
  GranBoard Bluetooth soft-tip dart board. JMK420 18 13,818 08-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Stalker