Double Top Darts.

Winmau Laser Oche
Hello Nutz,

What follows is a small Review of Winmau´s Laser Oche.
As we have Ceramic Tiles where i play i was searching for a better Solution than Duck-Tape to mark my Oche.
I tried a Carpet cut to length but wasn´t really happy with it so i bought the Laser Oche.

This is what you get:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The Box Contains the Oche, some written Instruction how to mount it, an Allen Wrench to Lock it once it´s Set up and some Fixing Screws + some Dowels.
By far the worst Dowels i´ve ever seen. They got binned immedeately.

The Instructions:

And the Laser Oche itself:

It requires two AA Batteries wich are not included.

The Base is made out of Metal and the Housing is ABS Plastic.
Mounting is easy, just bolt it down using two Screws.
You can Mount it under a Cabinet f.E. or to the Wall/your Backboard. Just do mount it under the Board, not above or you watch into the Laserbeam everytime you walk to the Board to get back your Darts. Common Sense i guess.

That´s it. You got a Laser Line on your Floor wich makes the Cat look sceptical.
On light Grey Ceramic Tiles:

And to get an impression how it looks on darker Surfaces:

Once set up to the correct Distance the Laserline is about 84cm / 33" wide.
So far i´find this a great piece of Hardware. And thats about all i could say as a Rating.

It just works as it should. 10/10 from me.
+1 for the review, very nice.

What was the cost of the unit?  If you know, how long will the batteries last?
Thanks.

It was 36€.
I have no idea how long the Batterie last. I thought i leave it on 24/7 but with two Children running around i don´t want them to look into the Beam.
I have one too, and was slightly disappointed with it.  I found that it does not lock down completely, and the slightest bump when switching it on or off, knocks it out of alignment.  Being very careful and gentle when switching it helps, but I still get out the tape measure regularly to double check  and adjust it.  Battery life is not to bad, but if you forget to turn it off, it will drain quickly overnight.  I use rechargeables.  Still a better overall option than tape or a rug.

Pat

Match Setup: 23g Target Keith Deller
w/30mm Grooved Storm Points, Cosmo Fit Carbon Slim #3 Spin, Fit Kite Flights

I have the accudart one. It was $17 on Amazon. I couldn't pass it up.

My only issue with that one is the fact that it isn't fixed in the base so it is prone to movement.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Nice one. Always been interesting in getting one of these, but the price point puts me off for all it is...that's me being a bit of tight wad! Looks like a solid piece of equipment that works just as it should. Thanks for the review and pics Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

i'm building one. just need to 3d print the enclosure.
Darts: 18g softtip Monster Cobra 2BA, 260 LStyle Champagne Shafts, L3 Flights.
Other Darts: 18g softtip Monster Soldier No.5
Best out (soft tip): 106 (16, Bull, d20).

Darts Connect ID: 1000002362
I have this as don't want mark the laminated floor, lots of bounce out hole now I have a Blade4.
Great Oche line now and easily screwed to the MDF my board is screwed to
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
I rather use a piece of tape, I'm not fond of things on batteries. If they come with an ac adapter I might reconsider.
Quote:I'm not fond of things on batteries

Me too. I use rechargeable Batteries for most Gadgets.
Currently i´m printing two Dummy AAs to use one of the AC Adaptors from the Electronic Pile Downstairs.

Sure the best Solution is a raised Oche. But for what it is i like the Laser.
(03-01-2016, 08:31 PM)Shotgun Wrote:
Quote:I'm not fond of things on batteries

Me too. I use rechargeable Batteries for most Gadgets.
Currently i´m printing two Dummy AAs to use one of the AC Adaptors from the Electronic Pile Downstairs.

Sure the best Solution is a raised Oche. But for what it is i like the Laser.

I have had mine for a year and still on the second pair of batteries
Current Board 
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

(03-01-2016, 08:48 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: I have had mine for a year and still on the second pair of batteries
Interesting, how often do you use it? I would still be worried that if I'm in the middle of a game the batteries would die Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
thanks for the review

Jase
Started Playing Darts Again Jan 2016

Board - Winmau Blade 4
Darts - 21g Target Phil Taylor power 80 

Highest Check Out - 115.......02/02/2017
Maximum count : 1
(03-01-2016, 09:09 PM)joeriw96 Wrote:
(03-01-2016, 08:48 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: I have had mine for a year and still on the second pair of batteries

Interesting, how often do you use it? I would still be worried that if I'm in the middle of a game the batteries would die Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Around 3-4 hours a week
Current Board 
Darts

are these worth the money as may get one unless someone on here as one laying about they don't use Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Member previously known as Daveheald

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Sabre Oche Master Mr. Audiogeek 9 3,870 03-25-2020, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Corrosion