Target Darts.

Flight shape
What flight shape do you use and does it make a difference to your throw or is it just personal preference?
I personally use pears for my current setup.  But what you select for the shape of your flight is going to vary on your style of throwing and what kind of dart you are throwing with.  It's best to try several shapes and see what you like best.
i have a bucket load of standard shape flights i got on ebay dirt cheap and i chop and trim into various sizes and shapes and see what works Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(02-29-2016, 08:54 PM)zom Wrote: i have a bucket load of standard shape flights i got on ebay dirt cheap and i chop and trim into various sizes and shapes and see what works Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I can second that ,,,, I buy the 20 lot sets of the poly thin standard flights on eBay for dirt cheap,,,, then I punch,,, trim ,,,,mount,,,,,destroy,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.,,,,, then start over,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I use pear flights. I used to use standard, but I noticed a corkscrew motion in my dart when it was going towards the board. Now I use pear flights and the dart goes nice and straight.
Matchdarts- 23.3g Ks99dime Madhouse Falcon Customs, 41mm diamond points, tweenie supergrip stems, Harrows Velos flights.
Backups- 23g Shot! Birds of Prey Falcon
25g Harrows Aura a3
24g Target Power 8Zero
23g Ks99dime Madhouse Customs
23g Adrian Lewis Pixel Grip
23g Target Daytona Fire 02
23g Dennis Priestley's
22g Cuesoul Black Scorpions
22g winmau snipers
21g Ks99dime Custom
21g Harrows Wolframs
21g Harrows Atomics
20g Monster Hades 2

(02-29-2016, 09:00 PM)0ldjoblo Wrote:
(02-29-2016, 08:54 PM)zom Wrote: i have a bucket load of standard shape flights i got on ebay dirt cheap and i chop and trim into various sizes and shapes and see what works Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I can second that ,,,, I buy the 20 lot sets of the poly thin standard flights on eBay for dirt cheap,,,, then I punch,,, trim ,,,,mount,,,,,destroy,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.,,,,, then start over,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

yep...even a bit of a trim seems to add i tad more sturdiness and strength Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.sure they get wrecked eventually .... but at that price i can't complain. I do really like the Retinas but price with shipping to Australia is a bit and to buy here in a sporting goods store they're around $5 a set. I can get 30 sets of lesser quality for around $9 shipped lol

astra on my straight barrels, bullet on my bullet barrels... the bullet on bullet wasn't intentional, it just works for me
Darts: 18g softtip Monster Cobra 2BA, 260 LStyle Champagne Shafts, L3 Flights.
Other Darts: 18g softtip Monster Soldier No.5
Best out (soft tip): 106 (16, Bull, d20).

Darts Connect ID: 1000002362
Shape, size, and sometimes even stiffness (materials) makes a difference for most people.

It's always good to have a wide range of flights to find out what suits you and your darts best. For beginners, it's always good to stick with Standards or Standards 'Shape' like the Harrows till their foundation becomes solid.

Apparently it seems that most steeltip pros in the European region use standard.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I like the marathon fights because they're standard shape just a bit smaller, which is handy for grouping
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I been using vision flights for a couple years and just two days ago tried some pear flights and loved them. I ordered some right away after trying the ones I had which were Winmau pears.
For me it does make a difference to how the dart lands on the board. I find the pear flights land at a flatter angle than the standard flight shape and that suits me.
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
Traditionally I always use Standard shapes which make my darts go in at a decent angle but I sometimes feel hold the dart back too much. Pears go flat as many have said but am now experimenting with Kites which I hope will be a happy medium. I tend to group better with Pears but just don't have the mental confidence to go with them, I think it's the slight vertical deviation the dart takes in it's trajectory that puts me off, oh well let's hope the Kites give me what I want!
I usually use harrow/dimplex flights and they suit my lobbing style, but now and then I switch to pears especially if using a tapered/torpedo dart. You really need to experment to find what suits. It's all part of the fun!
I like to use slim flights I hit way more doubles with them for some reason
I use v180 standard flights. Have always found the standard flights to work best for me. Not adverse to trying out new flights, but have always gone back to the standards
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some more questions about my darts (weight, shape, flight etc.) cpohd 8 652 01-08-2020, 02:05 PM
Last Post: cpohd