Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Winmau Crisis 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj_V22Jg_cQ

This is the Crisis darts from Winmaus 2016 range, they are available in both soft and steel tip, there is two models in the steel tip and this is a review of the 1028 model which is available in 23g (reviewed here) and 25g.  They are 90% tungsten with a black Onyx coating and retail for £38.99 you can find more infor on the Winmau site here: https://www.winmau.com/pages/2295/2016_-_crisis_steel/

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts are packaged in a cardboard box with a top flap held in place by a magnet and underneath there is a large windo shwing the contents.  There is a foam insert holding the contents neatly in place and the darts are placed into a neat aluminium darts holder which is a little different to the previous ones as this is edge with plastic.  There is a set of medium nylon stems with spring clips and a set of Winmau Rhino standard shape flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts have two distcinct grip styles, a thin cut ring grip on the front and a kind of wide spaced shark grip on the rear.  I would say the grip level is between medium and high medium.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed Dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Two of the barrels are very closely matched but the differece between lightest and heaviest is 2.1 tenths of gram so could be better:

Weight with full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance was just front of centre:

With supplied set up it was central:

Balance with my own medium short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

It was quite a comfy grip for me at the front and it worked well:

Darts landed in the board just slightly flatter than my normal, not much though:

CONCLUSION:

Well they are green but not too mean and rather keen, ok I will stop it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Yes green is good as I love green lol!  I do like the look of these with the colour combo though and I think it was that which attracted me as much as anything at first but the barrels themselves remind me a little of the Paul Nicholsons which is a dart I like and throw often.

The grip level at the front and rear is almost the same I think the rear is ever so slightly more grippy but its not as aggressive as it first looks, the width of the sections and the fact the edges are sort of smoothed off make it grippy but easy to release.

Throwing the darts from the front feels quite comfy and nicely weighted but I did get a fair amount of spiralling at first but more time with the darts has eliminated that and they are now flying very well indeed, I put these up for the UK Open Comp but after playing with them again today I was thinking I wish I hadn't lol, its funny as I think some days my throw is not quite right when I first test new darts so I always try them over a period of days to make up my final conclusion and for the last couple of days these have worked better than they first did, I guess like a lot of darts sometimes it takes a while to get friendly with them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Trying the darts from the middle I could not get used to at all, not sure why but it just feels off, I think its likely because gripping in the middle my grip is mostly on the smooth band with some on the thin rings and some on the shark grip and it just was not comfy to me, it may be some middle grippers will have no problem with that but not sure I would recommend it for middle grippers really.

Trying the darts from the rear though was a whole different story indeed!  I found the rear grip to be the most comfortable and balanced and the darts flew very well even for me!  It is possible one of the few darts that I could get used to throwing from the rear.  The flight seems to be the smoothest there too.

So I think front and rear grippers are going to be fine with these darts, obvioulsy if the dimensiosn, grip and shape are something you like but cant recommend for a middle grip just because it felt a bit strange trying it round the middle.

Quality is fine other than the slight mis weight match as above, I think that was a little bit of a shame with 2 barrels been so close as they were, but I often wonder whether the application of paint in the grooves can be the cause of such differences?

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8.5 (I like GREEN!)
Grip: 7.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 7 (could be better)
Quality: 8 (mostly very good, lost a half point for above)
Value: 8 (fine)
Suitability for me: 8 (great for front and rear)

Best Feature: GREE......  No sorry, its nicely weighted for rear grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review, as always! But.....green.....yuck. Not my cuppa!
Match Darts:
Barney Phase5 25g
Best Leg 15 darts 501
Highest Checkout 145
Favourite double 16
I'm only here for the reviews.

Really nice darts to throw. I got them in 22g and wish I got 23. Still my go to darts after the rastas
(02-29-2016, 04:41 PM)Butkus Wrote: Great review, as always! But.....green.....yuck. Not my cuppa!
Cheers and your banned!!! LOL Green is the best!  Now go wash your mouth out and buy 10 litres of green paint and paint your house green! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-29-2016, 04:45 PM)Walker Wrote: Really nice darts to throw. I got them in 22g and wish I got 23. Still my go to darts after the rastas

Yeah its a good dart I think Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review again Darren. I like the color green too but not on these darts. Makes them look cheap to me, looks like a good dart though.
Thanks Shawn, I would really like to see a full green titanium Nitride colour but I don't think its possible

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

They look much better in person I reckon. I like how it's a dark green not a distracting bright green
great review! love the green Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Cheers! Green is keen Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Hi and thanks for a great review! When I saw new darts from Winmau for this year, I immediately thought that Crisis looks really good. During last few days I hesitate if I shall buy a set of Crisis, or Saracen Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Tough decision...
Another great review Grip..love the color.. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
Hmmm green!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Great review Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
These are the best reviews anybody could want. The color of the darts, however, meh. I'd go for red. LOL
Thanks Darren
(03-01-2016, 01:21 PM)vojtech26 Wrote: Hi and thanks for a great review! When I saw new darts from Winmau for this year, I immediately thought that Crisis looks really good. During last few days I hesitate if I shall buy a set of Crisis, or Saracen Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Tough decision...

(03-01-2016, 01:47 PM)nivla Wrote: Another great review Grip..love the color.. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(03-01-2016, 03:41 PM)Kev Wrote: Hmmm green!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Great review Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(03-01-2016, 04:33 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: These are the best reviews anybody could want. The color of the darts, however, meh. I'd go for red. LOL
Thanks Darren

Thanks all! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Brilliant review and pics as always. They look a nice dart. The green looks kind of minty to me...fresh darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Vincent Van Der Voort Darts Review Getagrip 12 176 07-13-2021, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Winmau Joe Cullen Darts Review Getagrip 7 641 05-23-2021, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  Winmau MVG Assault Darts Review Getagrip 9 438 03-31-2021, 12:18 PM
  Winmau Steve Beaton Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 9 426 03-25-2021, 05:10 PM
  Winmau Mervyn King Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 13 544 03-17-2021, 03:13 PM
  Winmau Ted Hankey Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 8 454 03-08-2021, 01:24 PM
Last Post: thet
  Winmau Willie O'Connor Darts Review Getagrip 12 557 01-15-2021, 05:19 PM
  Winmau Michael van Gerwen Authentic 23g Darts Review Getagrip 41 4,544 10-31-2020, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Richa
  Winmau Navigator 23g darts review best darts bargain ever? Getagrip 99 37,719 07-23-2020, 11:12 AM
Last Post: GONKO
  Winmau Overdrive 24g Darts Review Getagrip 6 1,292 06-12-2020, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Gooddark