Harrows Darts.

Best spinning shaft
What have you found to be the best spinning shaft?  Least rattle, best durability. Carbon and non-carbon. Cosmo?  L-Shaft? SuperSpin? Other?
Thanks
Cosmo I'd say but expensive. The pro grip spinners are good, I had one that slightly rattled which put me off a bit but the rest worked perfectly
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I saw that the new Target range don't spin in flight...I might try those.
Steer clear of the harrows Supergrip ones unless you're particularly well off as the break quicker than anything else I've ever used
Board - Gladiator 2 

Darts - Unicorn Aiden Kirk 22g

Best Leg 12 darts at last! 29/12/2017
Best Checkout 164

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The ones you buy and try
A spinning shaft and flight system I have been using for years that work well with absolutely no rattle is the dynastar system. Look them up. Unfortunately they seem rare to get in the U.K. for some reason. Most of the stores seem to be from the State but I do like them and they have been around for a long time now.
(02-28-2016, 09:54 PM)djrocs88 Wrote: A spinning shaft and flight system I have been using for years that work well with absolutely no rattle is the dynastar system. Look them up. Unfortunately they seem rare to get in the U.K. for some reason. Most of the stores seem to be from the State but I do like them and they have been around for a long time now.

I used DynaStar stems and flights for a good while a few years ago and the only drawback I found was that the metal posts of the stems would bend pretty easily when you have a bounceout.   Many times it was just a matter of pushing it back in line, but after a few bounceouts, it got to where I could never really get them back straight and rolling the dart on a flat surface showed just how far out of line they were.   Then there was the cost of the product as compared to plain old nylon stems and kite flights, which is what I use now.

I really don't see many players using the DynaStar system any more, or for that matter most type spinning shafts.   They seem to have gone the way of the moveable point darts and mostly relegated to a phase dart players were going through.
Cosmo's
I Still have a set of the Dyna Star Shafts and the replacable tops that you could load any flight of your choice,,,, they came in a metal and plastic stem version ,,,,,, I never made it a part of my regular setup ,,, I do know they are heavier than today's modern poly/plastic/resin spinners ,,, and are getting harder to find,,,,,, could be they are discontinued,,,,,???

As far as the "New" products coming out Both Harrows and Target make cheap plastic spinners in Super Grip Spin and the Pro Grip Spin,,that have performed for me pretty good,,,,both have a spinner part you can pull off and snap back in place ,,, plus they hold my 75 micron thin flights well,,,,, I broke a tang off a Harrows Super Grip spinner from a direct impact of an incoming steel point ,,,,, and that is to be expected ,,, I started using the L style caps ,,, but the Wiz Lock caps would work as well,,,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The biggest plus is Price,,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cosmo shafts of course gets you stuck with Cosmo flights as well. Same case with Harrows Clic and Dyna Star.

Spinning stems - I would go for L-style silent spin or Target pro grip spins as you can use regular flights with them. If you have a lot of money to spare, go for the carbon versions of them.
(02-29-2016, 08:25 AM)majeek Wrote: Cosmo shafts of course gets you stuck with Cosmo flights as well. Same case with Harrows Clic and Dyna Star.

Spinning stems - I would go for L-style silent spin or Target pro grip spins as you can use regular flights with them. If you have a lot of money to spare, go for the carbon versions of them.

Really happy with the L-Style Silent Carbon. Can only recommend...
Any that I have used have either rattlied from the start or became loose over time. The target pro grips ones are prob the best cheap option I have used, although I have found that because the tops grab the flights so well that when I try to remove the flight to change it the whole top comes off (as it is designed to). However, this constant popping off the top has made them a looser fit. I would still say they are worth a try out for the money, won't break the bank, to form your own opinion.
Overall though I am yet to be convinced and swayed to use any spinning shaft system
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(02-29-2016, 08:44 AM)Gada Wrote: Really happy with the L-Style Silent Carbon. Can only recommend...

This is the only one I have tried and I like it a lot .... but it is pricey.  But I figure I don't have to have 15 sets of them, just 2 or 3 and change them up on different barrels.
(03-04-2016, 02:48 PM)MadMike4 Wrote:
(02-29-2016, 08:44 AM)Gada Wrote: Really happy with the L-Style Silent Carbon. Can only recommend...

This is the only one I have tried and I like it a lot .... but it is pricey.  But I figure I don't have to have 15 sets of them, just 2 or 3 and change them up on different barrels.

I am still on my first set from June, granted i bought a second one just in case, they are mounted on my spare set and i never use them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images....So yeah 9 months, i'd say its money well spent.
I have run Dynastars for years and like them. Also have Cosmos and recently purchased Target Pro Grip spinning stems.
Each have their own advantage.

Jeff

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spinning shafts MadMike4 44 5,387 05-24-2021, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Gareth Rosslee
  Spinning Stems Pros/Cons? darthdunham 10 3,925 06-17-2016, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Ancient Darter