Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Soundproof a dart board
Been having a bit of trouble with the mrs and her hen's recently as the wall the dartboard is on backs onto the room where they drink wine and gossip.

Anyone got an idea how to stop the thuds going through the wall? Ive tried most things. At the minute i have carpet underlay doubled up behind it but theres still noise.
maybe a board stand and throw in opposite direction?
I don't think you will totally be able to get rid of the noise as long as it is fixed to that wall. You can put anything soft behind it and it will help somewhat but whatever you do you'll still have that bracket on the wall and your dart board on that bracket, which needs to be a good solid connection really. The only way to get around that is some kind of stand or suspension system.
.......................................................................................................................................
Darts: Red Dragon Recoil 25g, Red Dragon Andrew Gilding 25g. Stems: Harrows Supergrip, Flights: Harrows
Just explain to her you're conducting important business and the sound is unfortunately inevitable
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The one80 rotafix brackets really does help reduce noise. Makes it easy to rotate a board too
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Medium Natural 
Flights: Standard No.2

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Brand new boards help a lot.
(02-28-2016, 06:59 PM)rich345 Wrote: The one80 rotafix brackets really does help reduce noise. Makes it easy to rotate a board too

The rotafix is brilliant for reducing vibration through the wall.
foam mats maybe no idea lol
Longer points seem to help aswell. I don't know if that's just me though
I have my board mounted to a piece of MDF 10mm thick with a thin rubber sheet stuck to the wall side.
The MDF is cut to the size of the board and hung by a single screw.
With the surround pushed back to the wall it is nice and quiet, it is mounted to the adjoining wall between my bedroom and next door's and never had a mention from the neighbours.
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Thanks for the replies. I tried walkers idea. Didnt work unfortunately. Think it made things worse.
Just had my mate who's a chippy round, going to build a sort of cavity wall so the board isnt fixed to the brick wall at all. 
ive tried one of them stands but it just dont seem right.
(02-28-2016, 07:49 PM)Andyh4081 Wrote: Thanks for the replies. I tried walkers idea. Didnt work unfortunately. Think it made things .
Just had my mate who's a chippy round, going to build a sort of cavity wall so the board isnt fixed to the brick wall at all. 
ive tried one of them stands but it just dont seem right.

Didn't go down too well with my missus either to be honest. Countered it with the fact that the more darts I play, the less tv I watch. So instead of constant football and stuff she gets to watch her girly s**t lol
i think i get what your saying. Im moving their tv to another room
Go to the pub down the road, if she can hear the thump thump thump from there, go to the next pub. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
seriously though a well insulated stand is your best bet.
Squash down egg boxes to about 3/4 inch and make a backing for the board. Needs a bit of adjusting and shimming and a longer attachment screw to allow for the thicker backing. Makes an excellent insulator for noise. Corrugated cardboard does not work as well.
You don't mess with The Voice of Reason. You have the right to be wrong.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dart Board Cam Pidge 5 288 04-26-2020, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Pidge
  Cleaning a dart board??? John holmes 5 757 03-16-2020, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Ed180
  A game I came up with for the golf club dart board. PecosJoe 1 324 11-26-2019, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Zero
  dart board dazzer 14 696 11-08-2019, 05:25 AM
Last Post: PREACHERMAN
  Gorilla dart board stand spare Michael Hockley 7 869 05-11-2019, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Mackemchris
  Mounting dart board with 3m command velcro strips Gan Jing Qi 12 5,734 01-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Last Post: angarmgmt
  Dart tip penetrating board depth -pro matches CalixNL 3 943 11-29-2018, 04:02 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Dart board outside JSmithRN4L 16 1,412 08-12-2018, 03:47 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  How long must a dart stay in board? cubdog 19 3,568 01-31-2018, 02:22 PM
Last Post: gumbo2176
  Dart board in room with soft carpet whippet0 14 2,736 11-14-2017, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl