Double Top Darts.

Left eye dominant, right hand throw
Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat as me, but Im left eye dominant and left handed but I can only throw right handed.  Last night had a crashing journey back down to earth after a couple of days honeymoon with a nice new set of darts.  I tried some A2 first off and was happy enough, but when it came to trying a round of A1 it took 10 visits to the oche to get 6 hits on a couple of the numbers.  At that point I calculated the time to finish it and lost interest and went back to A2 which went worse than expected.  Figured it was one of those nights so left it be and did some other chores before going back later that evening and just having a bit of free throwing trying to aim and keep all 3 darts in a group.

Was wondering though, is there a trick in body positioning and aiming that other left eye dominant and right hand throwers (or right eye dominant and left handed throwers) use to get things in line?  I have made my own little sight right tool and can set myself up there, but ther still seems to be alot of pushing the dart from one side to the other (always ending up in 5's)
 Its all a work in progress... one throw at a time Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Phil Taylor is this way. That's why he draws across his face at an angle instead of on the side.
Thanks will look up his stance and throw and see if I can apply anything to how I go about it...
 Its all a work in progress... one throw at a time Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I think Bobby George is cross dominant as well?
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Pretty sure Barney is a leftie that throws rightie too!
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

There are no tricks I'm afraid. What works for one person doesn't have to work for another.

I'm cross dominant too, but don't even have to try and throw across my face like Taylor does.

My suggestion would be not to overthink it and just keep practicing. You can try moving to the left or right of center to see if this feels more natural but that's it really.
Find what works for you.
Thanks fellas, some great advice there Red especially. Going out for a throw now.
I just close my eyes and throw and hope! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

My girl friend is righty/lefty. She really has no technique. She misses a lot, too.
It could be a lot worse, I had friends in the military that were right handed/left eye dominant...now picture having this and trying to shoot a rifle with both eyes open on your right shoulder.
Never gave this any thought before but apperently I'm left eye dominant at longer distances and righ eye dominat at closer distances. I don't think this is something that you should give too much attention, just find a throw that's comfortable for you and clear those errors out by practice.
This sounds like it would be tough to deal with.
I'm cross dominant, and as long as my head is turned enough that I'm not sighting with just my right eye, I'm fine. Can't do the twisty Taylor thing.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

What i do , is foot at 45 degree to the oche, so i don't have to turn my head as much as with foot horizontal to it. My shoulder, elbow aligned to absolute middle. Aim with both eyes open. Being cross eye dominant has its pluses, your left eye is mostly always free to see the target :-)

What would work best is however to build up very good fundamentals, clear up the rest of your throw, eliminate movement, the eye dominance is a female dog, but do your homework first and then pay big attention to it.
This is me. I'm left eye dominant, right handed thrower. Never thought too much about it. but found some good advice in these answers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dominant eye Jpearson22 92 3,075 05-22-2021, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Westy182
  Left Left and Left Carpy 5 365 11-13-2020, 05:33 AM
Last Post: Robert Burns
  64 and 68 with two darts left Ed180 8 384 11-12-2020, 07:28 AM
Last Post: KLFToronto
  Throw left/too low Oli 2 226 05-05-2020, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Oli
  right handed and left eye dominant and winmau sight right 2 stormyinc 1 546 03-12-2020, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Danny Giles
  Darts keep going left Radebe5 4 839 06-20-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Adams
  Cross dominant no matter which arm Im using? twentytwo 6 1,127 05-17-2018, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Jefferz
  Opposite dominant eye Seigzeon 1 686 05-16-2018, 03:44 PM
Last Post: brenthahn
  SWITCHING LEFT with Dominant Eye Opposite Throwing Arm / Cross-Dominant Scorpion 16 2,248 04-16-2018, 08:19 AM
Last Post: 1double1
  Left drift into the 5's GONKO 13 852 01-31-2018, 08:16 PM
Last Post: The G