Darts Buddy

Advice needed
Big Grin 
Im Scott and have been playing darts for just over a year but i cant seem to find a set of darts and stick with them i have about six already, i used to be quite good hitting a 180 in my first 2 months and now i just cant seem to get any better any advice would be greatly appreciated  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Quit changing darts, stick with one set that you are most comfortable with and quit expecting to be a 180 machine just because you happened to hit a few early on in your darting venture.   Practice for consistency on the numbers, out shots, singles for setting up out shots, etc.

Your short intro reminds me a bit of a gambler that has a lucky winning streak when first starting down that road then runs into mediocrity and wonders why it all went wrong.  It's just the law of averages catching up with you.
I understand where your coming from im going tho choose a set and discard the rest
(02-25-2016, 07:21 PM)Scott Anderson 97 Wrote: I understand where your coming from im going tho choose a set and discard the rest

Oh, by no means do you ever discard darts------that is, unless they are coming my way.   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Just put them on the side for now and have them for others to toss when they come over to play.    But I feel it is necessary to stick with one set for a good while to get use to them and that may mean you need to play with how they are set up as far as stem length and material and flight shape.    I have some darts that I can use my normal set-up of medium nylon stems and kite flights and others that need longer stems and standard flights to make them fly and land like I want.   With darts, there is no one size fits all, especially with so many different barrel shapes and weights.

Good luck.
To be honest,,, I can't count the number of times I have poured myself a cup of coffee and sat down at my desk to login to Darts Nutz and then pick up 1 set of the 3 dozen or so on or around my desk,,,, to turn around a pop a 180 first warmup/practice throw and then not hit another ton the rest of the session,,,,,,Same if it is the middle of the afternoon or late at night when I take my dog out and carry a set of soft tip darts with me so while waiting on my dog ,, throw a few practice rounds,,,9 out of 10 times the first three darts are a hatrick,,,,,,and then poo after that,,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I will tell you ,,, their are not 2 people alike in this world,,,What works for me may or may not work for you,,,and darts being the subject of the day,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You are still developing you style and/or your technique ,,, everything from your your approach to oche/line,,,, your grip ,,,,you posture/stance,,,, your transfer of darts from holding hand to throwing hand/position,,,to the arm swing,,, to the release,,,and last the follow through,,, only trying to replicate those motions the same way 3 times in a row,,,

Here is what I have found to work for me,,,,, "Taking my time",,, I know when I'm on and shooting well that my success starts with the way approach the oche (line) ,,,,, Let me back up for just a second,,, I am 1 of those players that watch every dart thrown buy my opponent and verbally cheer for his or hers well thrown darts with a positive comment and possibly a fist bump of confidence boost,,,,,which keeps my adrenaline up,,,,, so when I approach the oche/line I do so to center myself as close as possible using my shoulder as the guide to align myself using a 3/4 stance ,,and then with all three darts in my left hand (I throw righty),,,I twist my torso back and forth once or twice to stretch my hip flexes,,,,then I bring my empty right hand to the throwing position and make phantom throw pushing my right hand toward the target,,,all the while my eyes are concentrated on my target,,, I take a breath and by that time my adrenaline has come down enough to make a solid throw without being over amped and throwing wildly,,,,,,,When my opponent shoots well,, I feed off of that I will shoot better overall because I truly like to see them do their best,,because it makes me a better player,,,,,,,,,,Funny is this game of darts,,,)

At only a year into your young darting career I would say don't try to over think it ,,,you already qualify as a "Darts Nut" as you own 5 sets with probably more on the way,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I am a tinker of darts right now I have over 100 dart parts right in front of my keyboard while I am typing this,,,,,If you are serious about improving your darts I recommend "Flight School",,,,Darts will come and go,,,,, but that training is invaluable,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Really enjoyed reading this thread Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Jase
Thanks for all the advice guys sometime i think i try to hard especially when they are not going in and i tend to loose concentration easily to will have to work on that

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help needed rydarts 4 372 05-15-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: rydarts
  Analyze needed please JosipCRO 5 355 05-06-2020, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Pidge
  help needed robi10 5 459 12-08-2019, 09:09 PM
Last Post: JB_Fraser
  Is my gripping of the dart wrong? Advice needed impaler1991 13 1,387 07-30-2018, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Banz
  Dartboard Setup advice - Noob help needed UBSKA 15 939 03-28-2018, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Noj
  Needed advice... robert829 4 948 11-07-2016, 08:29 PM
Last Post: robert829
  Help Needed tezpace 1 624 12-23-2015, 01:46 AM
Last Post: *Saber*
  Help needed markusousa 5 843 12-02-2015, 06:01 PM
Last Post: markusousa
  Advice needed for my first tournament Stevepredator 9 1,564 07-04-2014, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Stevepredator