Darts Buddy

Cuesoul Fighting Soul 22g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POYFoJnBWm0

This is the first set of Cuesoul darts I have ever had and I only found out about them last year but their presence around the net seems to be growing so I was interested in trying some out but I have also seen some of the darts they have in the pipeline and they look very interesting too.  I have copied the Cuesoul story from their website below but here is the link to their site if you want to browse their products: https://www.cuesoul.com/

The Cuesoul Story:

CUESOUL, a great brand from the US. Its owner, CUESOUL SPORTS INC. has authorized XIAMEN TOWIN TRADE CO., LTD to be the exclusive seller/retailer in China and all over the world .CUESOUL, the combination of word CUE & SOUL, created by Mr. Kenny, the owner of CUESOUL SPORTS INC. You cannot find this word in the dictionary, but it means a lot. CUE, normally refers to the stick you used to play billiard game. But sometimes people mean it “implying”. It is an occasional story that Mr. Kenny created this Brand. Mr. Kenny had been playing darts and billiards for many years before he had this word. One day, he played billiard game in a bar. And luckily, as if with God's help, he won all the 20 games he attended. All the people in the bar cheered for him. He looked around and found a beauty implying at him by raising the glass. As everyone can imagine, something wonderful happened! From then on, Billiards and Darts became SOUL OF A CUE FROM BEAUTIFUL GIRL for him. With the great sense of achievement in playing billiards and darts, he therefore created the phrase CUESOUL, and work on that to make it a great brand, selling it on the internet to all over the world, sharing the great sense to the people all over the world. CUESOUL, with great concept, working on many products. CUESOUL people will introduce more and more of them to you…

As  you can see from the name and their site its not just darts but Billiards, Snooker and Pool that is their passion too.  They have a lot of darts models in both steel and soft tip and the Fighting Soul series are both.  The model reviewed here is the Fighting Soul C1004 22g, they are 95% tungsten and you can by them from their site or from Amazon Uk here for £65.99: https://www.amazon.co.uk/CUESOUL-FIGHTIN...B00WFYHHP0

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts arrived very well packaged and there was an outer plain cardboard box, then inside the main glossy box box with info about the company and the case inside.  The case is very nice, its made of metal with a covering of PU leatherete with an embossed crocodile skin texture effect and the lid has a nice soft feel to it.  Inside it has flocked EVA foam cut to shape for holding the contents.  With the barrels you get a set of steel tip conversion points, a set of soft tip points, a set of very neat flight protectors that I found easy to attach to the flights for a change Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  There is a set of what look to be inbetween polycarbonate stems and a set of Steel stems fitted with alloy tops.  There is a sharpening stone and a dart tool for tightening the points and stems among other things. The darts were fitted already with some slim Cuesoul flights but there was 3 more sets of flights in Slim, Kite and Standard shape:
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts have a really nice profile and as you can see there is a few areas where detail is cut into the barrel, the nose cone of the steel tip conversion points suits the profile of the barrel and it also echoes the design with the little diamond shapes cut into which is also repeated in the steel stems so that's a nice touch to have that uniformity. The rear of the barrel have a kind of wavy groove etched into it but overall the physical grip level is only a low to low medium.

SOFT TIP CONFIGURATION:
DIMENSIONS:

Length:

With the nose cone of the conversion points added to the barrels overall length it is fairly long:
Width:
Dimensions in detail:
WEIGHT:

I weighed just the barrels only as that is what the 22g stated weight refers to and the difference between the lightest and heaviest was 2.5 tenths of a gram, now I would say its neither here nor there for most but as I review darts with a scale that measures 1ooths of a gram we have to keep the same yard stick applied to all and as you can see with some sets the tolerances are a lot closer. So although I would not call it a disaster as it less than the weight of the flight protector and that feels like nothing in my hand, its nevertheless a fair enough difference to say that it could be better Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Weight of steel tip conversion point and barrel:
Weight with full set up:
Steel Stem and slim flights and flight protector:
Barrel and Soft Tip Point:
Steel Stem:
Nylon Stem:
Steel Conversion Point:
Soft Tip Point:
Flight Protector:
BALANCE:

With the steel tip conversion points attached the balance was just slightly front of centre:

With the steel stems it moved closer to the rear, probably due to the quite heavy stem weight:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:
MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

It was quite a comfortable dart to grip with my front grip:

Darts were a bit mixed at first and were mostly landing flight with this set up, there was a few that were landing close to my normal angle but I think the heavy weight of the steel stems was making most lie flat threw the flight and in the board:
CONCLUSION:

Well my first experience with Cuesoul darts is rather pleasant actually.  I think the model I picked here is a good looking dart and like I mention above I think its got a very nice profile but its good to see that the nose cone of the steel tip conversion points enhance that profile well.  

This is effectively a soft tip style dart but with the option of adding the steel tip conversion points to use for steel tip which is where it may not win favours as I think most steel tippers would prefer just to have a full tungsten barrel with a fixed steel tip point. 

But I guess that is not the sole aim for these darts and it really comes as a kit for the purpose of using for either soft or steel and I would not just dismiss it for that reason, however using the darts with the conversion points may annoy some die hard steel tippers as occassionally I found the point coming a little loose after play but it only seemed to do it when twisting them out anti clockwise.  Once I tightened them up well with the provided tool and was more carful how I pulled them out the board I had no problems.

Now when I did my video review I threw the darts with the steel stems and standard flights and as you can see with my front grip I got some fishtailing and although I was comfortable holding the darts I think the length with the added weight of the steel stems was not quite right for me and my grip.  I was almost not going to bother trying a different setup though because when I threw the darts from the middle they worked a lot better and even better again from the rear, I hit a few trebles with a rear grip and I felt the darts were very comfortable for a rear gripper and threw very well, so I thought this review would end with me recommending them for rear and middle grippers, but......

I was going to try the darts with some short nylon stems but as I had non to hand and was too lazy to go hunting through my stuff for a set I put some battered old Condor stems on which have a few splits in the wings but not major and they are about an inbetween size.

This was a HUGE difference!

The darts flew so much smoother and no fishtailing at all and I hit a lot more T20's with that set up, so very pleased I tried the change, it really does fly very well with my front grip with that setup.

I would say the rear grip is the most comfortable to hold but I was quite comfy with my front grip but I think overall it could suit any grip position but I think its possible that rear grip is still the best but very happy with the way its now working with my front grip.

The only problem with this C1004 model is that the grip is not that high, I had no issues as the tungsten had quite a nice feel to it but its a low medium at best so may not be suitable for most people, you would need to go for one of the other models if you need more grip I think.

Quality on the whole seems rather good, I know there was a bit of difference in the weight match but machining is fine and the tungsten has a nice dense feel.

Price is not so cheap but I think this is the premium model range and its sold as much as a complete kit for soft and steel really so players who like to play both types should definitely consider it as a purchase.

Overall I am impressed with the package offered and with the darts too.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (nice)
Grip: 5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 7 (could be better)
Quality: 8 (mostly very good, lost a half point for above)
Value: 8 (not too bad for what you get and its effectively 2 darts in one I guess)
Suitability for me: 8 (worked so much better with a set up change!)

Best Feature: Very nice profile Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Now that is some impressive packaging! Been hearing a lot about this company lately.
(02-25-2016, 05:52 PM)Serial 7hriller Wrote: Now that is some impressive packaging! Been hearing a lot about this company lately.

Yeah it is lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Funny, i just ordered some (different than these) Cuesoul Darts last weekend and - Zoom - Grip uploaded a Review of Cuesoul.
They seem to be pretty well machined. Can´t wait to get mine.
Nice looking darts but as you say, I much would prefer non conversion tips. Still they look pretty nice and just not my style of grip on them. Packaging looks incredible. Well thought out and a quality product it seems.
Thanks Darren
Interesting darts! I think we might see more double threaded barrels like the Bull's Stingray that was quite a buzz in here when it was first released, or modular concepts down the line. The new Cuesol concept darts with the tungsten (?) insert and outer anodised sleeve / stem actually looks interesting!

Brilliant review as usual.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers!
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review and pics as always. This is the first dart in quite a while that I have been non-plussed by. That's not to take anything away from them, just don't do it for me
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Great review darren! Love the look of these and the packaging is fantastic. Unfortunately like the Unicore core, the nose cone makes them too long. Very nice looking and Iv'e been seeing a lot of them on Facebook recently. I will need to go check them out.
Would you have to put rubber O rings in the point section?
Darts - Showtime Revolution 24g, Target Super grip stems, Pentathlon Flights.
Best leg - 16 darts (15 darts- webcam)
Best peg - 146 T20,T18,D16

they look different Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Ive seen a few sets of CueSoul Ive liked in the past. might have to pull the trigger and get a set someday Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Nice review Darren. I am just curious about its soft tip side. Can you do a test run on those darts using soft tip board? No need for pics - just your impression of it as a soft tip darts.

Thanks a lot!
Thanks everyone and yes you need the rubber "O" ring to keep the points nice and tight.

I was going to do a soft tip bit on the video but as you can see I often get carried away and its hard to make them short and get in all the info I want, I may do a little vid of them with the soft tips though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another great review

For that kind of money I would definitely expect more precise weight matching than what they have there though. It's a bit disappointing to be honest.

(02-26-2016, 03:27 PM)Jugger Wrote: Another great review

For that kind of money I would definitely expect more precise weight matching than what they have there though. It's a bit disappointing to be honest.

Thanks Jugger!

To be fair to most I think I am guilty of being too strict as we really cant tell what 2.5 tenths is, but like I say we have seen closer matched sets so its not impossible but I posted my review on Facebook and Cuesoul messaged me and said they have made more efforts to closer match their darts of late and are getting the tolerances much closer, so its good they are making efforts to improve even more Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(02-26-2016, 03:38 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(02-26-2016, 03:27 PM)Jugger Wrote: Another great review

Thanks Jugger!

To be fair to most I think I am guilty of being too strict as we really cant tell what 2.5 tenths is, but like I say we have seen closer matched sets so its not impossible but I posted my review on Facebook and Cuesoul messaged me and said they have made more efforts to closer match their darts of late and are getting the tolerances much closer, so its good they are making efforts to improve even more Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

That's good to hear.
I know we are all spoiled when it comes to weights... BUT, that's a heck of a lot of money to dump on something that has 2 of the 3 darts almost in different weight categories.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cuesoul John Michael Darts Review Getagrip 8 165 4 hours ago
Last Post: Getagrip
  Cuesoul Aurora 23g darts review Getagrip 25 8,486 04-19-2020, 02:20 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Cuesoul - Ringed Dart - 22g - Review vanJupp 13 1,755 09-06-2018, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Ehudakineyah
  Cuesoul Glory 24g darts review Getagrip 14 5,921 12-03-2017, 05:27 PM
  Cuesoul Glory 22g darts review Getagrip 2 1,937 11-07-2017, 03:27 PM
  Cuesoul Armour 23g darts review Getagrip 21 10,083 06-26-2017, 08:59 AM
  Cuesoul Black Scorpion 24g darts review Getagrip 23 14,258 03-06-2017, 05:32 PM
Last Post: hardy73
  Cuesoul Dragon 24g darts reveiw Getagrip 16 8,775 01-26-2017, 02:32 PM
  Cuesoul 30gr 95% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 17 8,234 07-18-2016, 01:41 PM
Last Post: copigme