Shot Darts

Round and round
Just worth pointing out the benefits of the good ol` Round the board. I know its obvious to most but my game massively improved by going round the board in doubles. I know it can be slightly boring for some but i cant stress enough how simple and effective it is. I sometimes go round the board in singles first to get my arm going then knock of the doubles. It has made a hell of a difference in matches when you need that easy single (we have all missed them) to leave a finish.
Dart  - 23G Red Dragon Scorpions
Stem - Black Nylon Short
Flight - Harrows Velos
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* My Wishlist - Please contact me if you are willing to sell/swap any of these! *

24G Red Dragon Lethal Magic
25G Red Dragon Scorpions
24G Red Dragon Fusion
23G Jamie Caven Phase 2

True what you said about frustrating yourself when that all important fat single is needed to set up your double shot----and you miss it!!!

It's bad enough when you step to the line with 3 darts in hand and you are on 57 looking to hit that fat 17 to leave double tops for the win and you toss that first dart in the 2 or 3 wedge next to it.   You still have 1 dart to get to the out shot and 1 dart to attempt the winning shot. 

Now, what really gets my blood boiling is if I have something like 82 and hit the 25 (single bull for the US folk) and now have 57 with 2 darts in hand and miss that shot.     I'll look at it and think "Wait, I just hit that tiny 25, but can't manage a fat 17???", then have to toss my 3rd dart to set up the out shot for the next turn-------------if your opponent allows you that luxury.

I believe if you poll most players, missing that fat single is probably the most frustrating thing you can do playing darts.   I've seen the pros do it from time to time and the look on their face when that happens is priceless.   It's initially a look of disbelief, then one of anger as they attempt to recover with the next dart.  You can actually see the concentration level go up as they get ready for their next throw.
I play it often its a good simply and relaxing routine Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I do the exact same thing, for me it feels like the most effective way of practising.
Same here. I sometimes go round the board on singles, then doubles, then triples. Nice routine but still takes this relative newbie quite a while to complete!
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

I do this as a warm up every day. Start with singles then move onto doubles then trebles. Nothing feels better than tickin off 3 doubles in 3 darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-23-2016, 04:57 PM)P Money Wrote: Nothing feels better than tickin off 3 doubles in 3 darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

True. hell it wasn`t that long ago I got a buzz of hitting 3 singles on the belt.
Stem - Black Nylon Short
Flight - Harrows Velos
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* My Wishlist - Please contact me if you are willing to sell/swap any of these! *

25G Red Dragon Scorpions
24G Red Dragon Fusion
23G Jamie Caven Phase 2

(02-23-2016, 05:26 PM)Dickie_rock Wrote:
(02-23-2016, 04:57 PM)P Money Wrote: Nothing feels better than tickin off 3 doubles in 3 darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

True. hell it wasn`t that long ago I got a buzz of hitting 3 singles on the belt.

Yeah tell me about it lol. Crazy how quickly we can improve with a nice bit of practice Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Yeah, Then hit that wall where progress seems to stop. A new set of darts would seem to be the answer. Like when you split up with a woman and she gets a new haircut. Its still the same you.
Stem - Black Nylon Short
Flight - Harrows Velos

25G Red Dragon Scorpions
24G Red Dragon Fusion
23G Jamie Caven Phase 2

(02-23-2016, 05:42 PM)Dickie_rock Wrote: Yeah, Then hit that wall where progress seems to stop. A new set of darts would seem to be the answer. Like when you split up with a woman and she gets a new haircut. Its still the same you.

As long as that new haircut don't involve any kind of shave. Can't be dealing with birds with shaved barnets lol
Good routine to warm up the arm. Throwing darts that is not getting a hair cut
I tried this with my cousin, I am just starting but we just played around the board on the whole segment from 1 to 20, excuse me if I don't know all the right words as its totally new to me but I beat him easily, not sure how good I was doing but on my first go I got round in 67 darts but on my third go I did best with 48, is that good for a beginner playing for their first day?
(02-23-2016, 07:03 PM)The Beginner Wrote: I tried this with my cousin, I am just starting but we just played around the board on the whole segment from 1 to 20, excuse me if I don't know all the right words as its totally new to me but I beat him easily, not sure how good I was doing but on my first go I got round in 67 darts but on my third go I did best with 48, is that good for a beginner playing for their first day?

Hitting 20 scoring wedges in 48 throws your first time out is not bad at all in my opinion.   That is about 2.3 throws a scoring shot, and for a beginner, I'd say that is very decent.
yeah that sounds really good Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I always include around the clock (singles ) in my warm up.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  aiming and throwing round the board bozza 14 2,379 09-20-2015, 02:21 AM
Last Post: BigE