Shot Darts

Pro-Darter Cricket Scoring
I'm just wondering what the proper way to close out cricket against pro-darter would be?

Let's say that I have all numbers  closed with only the 19 open.  Trainer has 2 open numbers, 18 and 17. Is there any reason not to close the 19 and move on to the next game after only one dart thrown?

With Pro-Darter I could nail the T19 and then hit a T18 and T17 against the trainer. If I mark the T19 then the match is over but if I mark the T18 and T17 first I can score more points on the trainer. Is there a good reason to gain more points on the trainer? Or should I just move on to the next game
End the game as soon as possible.

I'm not entirely sure how accurate PD's stat keeping is on cricket though
I get ticked off with PD when it points me so feel like I'm getting my justice by pointing it back but what's the use? I point it for practice which is what it's all about anyhow but is there anything to be gained other than making the game longer?
(02-23-2016, 02:37 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: I get ticked off with PD when it points me so feel like I'm getting my justice by pointing it back but what's the use? I point it for practice which is what it's all about anyhow but is there anything to be gained other than making the game longer?

You gain the chance of losing. The computer might reel off a couple good rounds and before you know it, you've lost. 

In the USA leagues have a thing called All-Star points. Some of the better players have been known to lengthen a game by pointing when they don't have to. They're trying to acquire more fancy All-Star points for their league stats. Usually it's best to just end the game when you have a chance
Beware of excessive pointing against Pro Darter. It might not have access to a baseball bat but it might wipe your hard drive.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
All-Star points I don't need. I'll move up to a new trainer level so there is no chance of out scoring the computer. Thanks for the advice guys and I'll look out for the baseball bat toting hard drive killer in the back room
I'll go to a local watering hole to try to find others to play against instead of pounding the board alone in my man cave.   Sometimes I'm there for a bit before someone else shows up to get a game going and I'll play against one of those electronic scoreboard programs.  

There are several settings ranging from beginner to having to play like Phil Taylor to make it competitive or the machine will wipe you out.  However, one thing I've noticed is it seems no matter what level of play you key in, the computer almost always tears up bulls when the game is near the end.   I've seen it average 2 marks a round, then all of a sudden it scores 8 bulls in 2 rounds of throw against you.  It's one of the main complaints I hear many people talk about when playing the machine.   Does Pro Darter do that too???
Do you ever let the computer go first?
(02-23-2016, 05:13 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Do you ever let the computer go first?

Yes, I'll hit enter to show no score on my part.   Makes for a more realistic scenario since you won't win the cork all the time.
I always let the computer go first, thanks to advice give earlier in the year. And I've noticed how PD hammers out bulls which made me improve on my own bull throws.
I don't get out to the "watering holes" much these days. So the PD is my only game in town. I think it's safer this way for me. ;(
I love PD but for cricket I fire up NScore. It's the best cricket program I've ever seen by far. It's extremely realistic in how it plays.
I'll have to look at. Thanks for the tip
I don't play a lot of cricket but from what I've read here about strategy (paging Cy) it seems that PD T4 makes some odd choices.

Not seen it hammering out an excessive amount of bulls but I've only played a handful of games.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
What gets me is the vast difference between T3 and T4 on Pro Darter. I could defeat level 3 regularly, but T4 kills me every time.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

I get this jschwab. i can only get hammered so many times with T4. Kind of depressing but if I win I feel like I win big with it. I usually go a few with T3 then get slammed with T4.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scoring Jakey32 8 736 01-31-2019, 05:52 PM
Last Post: thegr812k
  Scoring Roberts7286 13 1,257 01-08-2017, 02:32 AM
Last Post: barcrusher