Target Darts.

Help with dart weight and throw
I'm looking for some advice or if anyone else has experienced anything similar as the problem I'm having.
I have tried darts weighing between 25g and as low as 18g but no matter what I still end up throwing darts outside the scoring area when aiming at 20.
people say I throw hard but that's just the way I do it.would it be a weight problem or when I'm releasing the dart?

Any response is greatly appreciated
I think you answered your own question. If it happens with 17g as well as 25g... the issue is the archer, not the arrow.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Milkysunshine dateline=' Wrote: I think you answered your own question. If it happens with 17g as well as 25g... the issue is the archer, not the arrow.

Yeah that's kinda what I thought.

Would a heavier or lighter dart suit a hard thrower?
^^^^ What Milky said.

And to add, after you find a barrel that you might like, make sure you're experimenting with different sized stems and flights until you find a setup that suits your style of throw.
Its u my friend not the arrow.
(02-22-2016, 08:16 PM)Joey88 Wrote: I'm looking for some advice or if anyone else has experienced anything similar as the problem I'm having.
I have tried darts weighing between 25g and as low as 18g but no matter what I still end up throwing darts outside the scoring area when aiming at 20.
people say I throw hard but that's just the way I do it.would it be a weight problem or when I'm releasing the dart?

Any response is greatly appreciated

Sadly this applies to a lot of us anyway, it's not quite as easy as Phil Taylor and MvG make it look. Choose some that feel pretty good to throw and just practice.
.......................................................................................................................................
Darts: Red Dragon Recoil 25g, Red Dragon Andrew Gilding 25g. Stems: Harrows Supergrip, Flights: Harrows
preface this with the fac that by no means am I an expert, however it sounds like a combination of 2 things.

1 early release - prompting the dart to go at an upward angle vs a more straight in approach for you harder throw
2 flights that are too big - thus creating more loft on your dart

Like cy said trying different flight and stem combo's.  My guess is that speed flights would work best for your harder throw.
Practice, practice, practice Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks for all the replies, guess ill have to tweak my set up and practice on getting my release right.
Why not post up a clear, brightly lit video of you throwing, either left or right side?  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My 2 cents. Taking by question you are a relative newbie. Pick a dart in the mid range weight, if you still have all the weights you mentioned, in the 22-24gr range that you like the looks of and feels good in your hand. Put the rest in a box someplace away from your board to discourage you from "trying something else" while you practice and learn. Generally speaking put a medium stem and standard flight on the dart and start throwing. This will give you an excellent starting point as longer stems and a standard flight will give you excellent dart stability to start with. Pick a random treble or the bull on the board and concentrate on that target and throw that dart setup until you can get decent 2-3 inch groupings. You need to get your grip, stance, body posture, and actual throw established first before messing with the dart. But if the dart is flying all over the place wiggling up and down or side to side then maybe a different stem/flight/barrel combo may be needed. Now your foundation is pretty well setup. If you darts are flying and landing the way you want your done. If not start tinkering with shafts then flights. If all is well fine, if you think you would like to throw a lighter or heavier dart then go back to your stash box and pull out a set to try out, you can always go back to your now known setup. As well, definitely do A1 of flight school anytime during the process, it will expose your strengths and weakness' quicklyGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dart Weight Mercer 4 356 01-15-2021, 01:15 AM
Last Post: wzywg
Wink Do you notice a “best” dart out of the 3 you throw? Gooddark 28 1,497 07-13-2020, 06:21 PM
Last Post: BullShot
  Dart throw change Hertzz 5 552 04-19-2019, 02:34 PM
Last Post: ks99dime
  Weight of dart help Haywood90 2 452 12-15-2018, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Boneshaker
  dart size/weight and accuracy Zeppi 1 485 02-19-2018, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Ancient Darter
  What Dart Shape and weight for my throw style and grip? hawk45 7 1,175 01-03-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  My dart throw [Video] uzdu 1 452 03-02-2017, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Swiiiitch
  RE: How to throw darts that hit lower portion of the dart board Dumbeedum 12 2,961 09-02-2016, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Dartbuggy
  How to throw a straighter dart: Strategy perspective BigE 3 1,423 12-01-2015, 04:28 AM
Last Post: Banz
  Which Weight Of Dart. Jonnieola 17 5,249 09-02-2015, 03:31 AM
Last Post: Rusty