Shot Darts

Is there a "What weight darts do you throw" poll?
Hi everyone,

As above really, is there a poll for the most popular weight used in steel tip?

I am intruiged, as looking through the reviews, and swap / for sale section, the most common weight seems to be 22/23g. For me, so far, 25g seems to be the right weight, however I'm wondering whether over time, I will reduce down.

is there a natural trend that people follow? Is it common to start with a heavier dart, and move downwards? Or maybe the opposite?

im keen to hear your experiences.

Thanks,

Chris
Started at 14 grams, settled on 18 for a while. Went as high as 29 for a few months and then moved down to 23 grams for 6 months or so, before trying my old 18's again.
Hit 4 180's with them in 20 minutes and haven't looked back since.

I did order the same darts in 22 grams though - same length, just very slightly wider, because I was curious. Never gave them a proper try though.

(If anyone's interested, they're Pure Darts McCoy Saber Grips)

2017 180's: 2/150.
Not sure if there is or not to be honest, so I'll post to your thread.

I've been throwing 25 gram darts for a few years now but started out with 22 & 23 gram darts way back in the mid 80's and stuck with them for many years.    I've tried lighter darts, in the 17-20 gram range but just can't throw them with any consistency.   I find the lighter darts take a lot more effort to go where I want them to go as opposed to the heavier darts I now use.    I doubt I'd go heavier than what I'm currently using.
I think there was some where but if not we can do one Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I've always used 22 or 23. You can get pretty much any dart in 22's or 23's so works out well for me lol
Getagrip dateline=' Wrote: I think there was some where but if not we can do one Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Ah ok. I'll give it till later tonight, then if one hasn't appeared, I'll set one up. I've never setup a poll before.
(02-21-2016, 04:41 PM)Greener Wrote:
Getagrip dateline=' Wrote: I think there was some where but if not we can do one Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Ah ok. I'll give it till later tonight, then if one hasn't appeared, I'll set one up. I've never setup a poll before.

Yeah give it a go, its fun to practise the features and learn stuff Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Getagrip dateline=' Wrote:
Greener dateline=' Wrote:

Yeah give it a go, its fun to practise the features and learn stuff Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Indeed! I'll try it later on. Currently out with my family at the moment. Being moaned at for being antisocial! Ha
(02-21-2016, 04:50 PM)Greener Wrote:

Indeed! I'll try it later on. Currently out with my family at the moment. Being moaned at for being antisocial! Ha

LOL I think smartphones has made everyone that way, I think its sad when I see my little nephews and neices sat glued to smartphones when they are not eve 5 yet!  Take it off them and the have a screaming fit!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(02-21-2016, 04:50 PM)Greener Wrote:

So, you're being looked at with piercing eyes and being told to put your hands up and step away from the computer.    Good on them for wanting your attention while being out with family.  You should feel the love. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Indeed! Although i should be setting sn example. I'm 33. My kids don't have devices yet!
I currently use 24g this is always been my preferred weight.
I've now added a poll, here...

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...#pid281154
john lowe 21 grams...........
Also John Lowe 21g as my go to set. Also dabble with other barrels in 21/22g weight.
[font=Arial]"He wants two eighteens for a hundred thousand pounds..."[/font]

My Darts:  Unicorn John Lowe Golden Titanium 21g / Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 Gold 21g / Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 9Five 22g

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your dart throw poll 302help 2 326 05-04-2020, 07:13 PM
Last Post: bk123456
  Light weight darts PecosJoe 19 1,486 08-30-2019, 04:47 PM
Last Post: The Fox
  How to manage weight difference between steel and soft darts? Che-Min Tsai 11 1,099 04-14-2019, 06:46 PM
Last Post: BDG
  Who has changed weight drastically. Dart weight that is. cubdog 16 1,701 01-02-2019, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Red'75™
  A poll about this forum uncle poop 89 31,039 12-29-2018, 01:52 PM
Last Post: *Saber*
  Do I need more Darts ? "Poll" The G 20 1,266 07-24-2018, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Important poll Mac-attack99 11 1,168 05-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Mike HermThe
  MVG Darts Weight blacko 23 5,986 12-08-2017, 06:13 AM
Last Post: XuHi
  Poll: which is harder, the Triple Bull or the 180? Cat 38 5,048 12-01-2017, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Stephane Desart
  Need members input - Please - Poll *Saber* 9 1,040 11-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Cat