Darts Buddy

Apps and electronic scorers
Who uses what apps for darts?  I'm giving a try to Pro Darter.  What are the best ones?

How many of you have electronic scorers for your steel-tip set up at home?  Which one?

I appreciate your you sharing your thoughts and opinions!
"Search Bar"
i recently checked out quite a few - I am an android user - I specifically wanted it for scoring league matches with the idea being i could screenshot the match stats and post them on facebook as a match report/result notification.

I only found 1 i felt fit for purpose - 'Darts Scoreboard' - my only criticism is that the stats are a bit over the top for what i need and span two pages. The best summary stats screen was on the Russ Bray app but that allows you to enter scores > 180 for 3 darts. Other issues with the other options include no stats/stats spanning even more screens/assumptions that checkouts take three darts in each case etc.

I might build my own in the near future,
(02-19-2016, 04:50 PM)skinnygav Wrote: i recently checked out quite a few - I am an android user - I specifically wanted it for scoring league matches with the idea being i could screenshot the match stats and post them on facebook as a match report/result notification.

I only found 1 i felt fit for purpose - 'Darts Scoreboard' - my only criticism is that the stats are a bit over the top for what i need and span two pages.  The best summary stats screen was on the Russ Bray app but that allows you to enter scores > 180 for 3 darts.  Other issues with the other options include no stats/stats spanning even more screens/assumptions that checkouts take three darts in each case etc.

I might build my own in the near future,

Thanks for the reply.  I too use andriod.  The Dartsmind app still around?  It was Apple only IIRC.
I'll look at Darts Scoreboard.  Anybody else use it?
Are you looking to run from your phone/tablet? Android or IOS? Running from a computer?
There are a lot of choices and since I'm a compulsive downloader of pretty much any dart related software, I probably could point you to something useful.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  22gm Bulls White Pegasus, intermediate nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, Rhino standard flights.
I have used a few with pro darter, n01. dart man and russ bray (app) being the best. I've been using the Russ Bray the most recently as I find the handiest and easiest to use on my iPad for scoring while practicing, although I would say that pro-darter is probably the most comprehensive one of the lot
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(02-19-2016, 05:00 PM)JayPro Wrote: Are you looking to run from your phone/tablet?  Android or IOS?  Running from a computer?
There are a lot of choices and since I'm a compulsive downloader of pretty much any dart related software, I probably could point you to something useful.

Phone (andriod) is most likely what I would be using.  Thanks for the advice.  
Pro Darter and Dartman seem well used.
I like N01... they have a webapp now too which is pretty cool ... no online play tho.
Pro-Darter can be used on your phone, but if the Dartman you mention is the same as I know, you can run it from a laptop but not your phone (unless it installs the app to your phone).

N01 has a PC, IOS and web version.

Are you looking for just scoring/playing against an AI? There are several apps designed specifically for practicing. Depending on which is used, you can see where/how your shots tend to deviate from the target... Consistently high/low/left/right/etc., see weak areas of the board and run practice routines in those specific spots.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  22gm Bulls White Pegasus, intermediate nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, Rhino standard flights.
Just this past week I attended a local steel tip association meeting to discuss this years changes to the league and the funding thereof ,,,,I was running a bit late and I picked up pizza to go my fellow mates,,,, There is always a blind draw after the meeting,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. When I arrived and pulled my darts from the case to warm up ,,, First thing I noticed was now beside the 4 main boards each had an android tablet beside it ,,,,, much different than the dry erase boards still there ,,,,,The secretary/treasure quickly showed me the ins and out of how they operated with the plus being they were all networked together so once the tournament started for the most part it was enter your score and and hit enter,,,, it tracked stats and did the brackets all automatically,,,,,,i like what I saw ,,, The app is "Darts Connect",,,,,,

https://www.dartconnect.com/

For those of you that play online with Web Cam Darts ,,, I think Pro Darter is the app that most will like to track stats and even work for Flight school,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I think the league I play in is going to start using DartConnect. I know there are several registered in the Boston area. I use it myself for practice against the computer. I like that it has adaptive play.

Dartconnect.... hands down
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Edgar -- what app does Jose have on his iPad? (Maybe you do too). That one seems good.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

I use Darts Scoreboard also, must admit haven't tried many others lately as once I found this after trialing a few others I haven't looked back....its a great app, never crashed once, I found the Russ Bray app kept crashing but that may well have been fixed.
Darts - Showtime Revolution 24g, Target Super grip stems, Pentathlon Flights.
Best leg - 16 darts (15 darts- webcam)
Best peg - 146 T20,T18,D16

I'd like to introduce a new dart scoring app to you. I know, you'll think "... yet another dart scoring app, why the hell?" For sure! I've been following the sport of darts for quite some time and developed the app "Dartsman" - free of charge and ad-free released in Google Play Store.

Why another dart scoring app?

1) Intuitive scoring: Dartsman enables you to intuitively enter the scored points very fast
2) Chromecast: Dartsman streams the current standings as well as the currently thrown darts via Chromecast to your TV
3) Smartwatch: Dartsman enables you to not only enter the scored points via App or Tablet but also additionally via Android Wear Smart***ch

You'll find the app at the following link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...jects.dart

We'd be really glad if you tested the app and shared your experiences and wishes with us.

Cheers,

Dartsman Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronic dart scorer Helmie 11 520 07-15-2020, 09:22 PM
Last Post: BullShot
  electronic scoreboard PecosJoe 9 579 06-07-2019, 10:24 AM
Last Post: PecosJoe
  Cheap Electronic Scorer MattMelia 1 392 03-01-2019, 03:17 AM
Last Post: Doubledouble
  Electronic scorer Rodney 5 1,679 04-11-2016, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Weirhere